Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fighting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fighting Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 9:50:53 AM   
GreyJoy

Thx String. I agree with you. Luckly my 4 BBs are all modern ones...

However what do you think about the "air threat"...i mean...this could easily be a bluff...his air units can be in this scenario a more deadly opponent than his mighty naval forces...

What about going for the "minor possible risk"...with something like 2 SCTFs composed of 1 CA and 1 CL (both with torps) leading 6 Fletchers and nothing more (for a total of 12 DDs) ?
As i see it, under this scenario, i risk to lose only assets that are not "unvaluable" and i still can cause enough damage to make him pay hard for his daring....his BBs will be exposed to my torpedoes and i can still collect a total of 20 PTs at Tulagi.... at the same time if he comes with the KB these ships are fast enough to be able to avoid most of his attacks...even if i know that i'll be on the losing side.

(in reply to String)
Post #: 2341
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 9:54:15 AM   
jmalter

mang, why fight that SCTF at all? it's out to bring you hurt. but also it's out to provide cover for a major attempt to dunkirk his stuff out from Tulagi. suck him into a Cannae. i'm hungry for a fight!

1) don't try to counter it w/ your BBs, he'd like a surf engagement, you won't. throw multiple 6-PT & 2-DD TFs in his way, just to slow him down. the more, the merrier. make him expend his speed & ammo. give him a scare w/ multiple surf-combat screens showing up in every hex he enters.

2) you're using 2-day turns, right? can you task 4+ light SCTFs (CL+DD, or DD only) w/ waypoint1 NE & NW of his route, & waypoint2 on his line of withdrawal? give these guys some LRCAP cover. set them for fullspeed. you want to intercept the loaded returning transports from multiple directions.

3) your target ain't these 5 BBs, it's the trans-capable ships in its train. savvy CLTF & DDTF commanders should withdraw from combat against BBs, but will attack transport TFs (one hopes).

4) maximize your air vs. nav, but restrict their range so they're close over Tulagi. assign some LRCAP over your advanced TFs. he'll be maxing his CAP to protect his SCTF and tranTFs, put heavy, layered CAP over Tulagi.

5) org your own BBTF to sortie into his search-space, but away from his SCTF reaction range. next orders phase, return your BBs to home, but use the CAs & DDs judiciously to hunt down cripples from the previous actions.

<edit> just read what String had to say, wrt your available surf forces. my post above assumed you had fewer CAs & more DDs available. but especially w/ KB lurking nearby, i think my suggested tactic is still valid - don't throw your SCTFs (CA+DD) for a fight at Tulagi, try to get them astride his withdrawal path, using full-speed and waypoints for a 2-stage 'scatter outwards then coalesce inwards' maneuver. stage some add'l TFs of whatever's available to charge around - confuse his search picture, mebbe soak up some air-raids.

< Message edited by jmalter -- 9/15/2011 10:25:00 AM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2342
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 11:38:17 AM   
GreyJoy

Thanks Mate!

Here's the general Idea following your suggestions...

What do you think?

Still have to decide what to do with my air assets...

Work in progress

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2343
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 1:03:10 PM   
GreyJoy

Ok, the plan is done.

Orders have been given.

Differently from the picture above, i've added another TF composed of 1 CL (Omaha Class) and 6 Mahans DDs which will move north of Auki, trying to cut the enemy route, and then it will fall back to Tulagi.
Some of the TFs will get back to Ndeni after combats. Others to Lunga and a couple of DD TFs will move back to Tulagi.

2 More 4 DDs TFs will move south and will reinforce the "western jaw" of the overall plan.

230 fighters have been based at Tulagi, while at Lunga 300 fighters, 100 SDBs and 80 Avengers. Range 1 for them.

20 PTs will sweep Tulagi, while 20 subs will move at flank speed towards the theatre, positioning at Tulagi, Thousands Ships Bay and on the potential arriving and retreating routes of enemy TFs.

This plan should enable me to risk only minor assets (planes and DDs basically) but at the same time should be able to give enough headhaces to him.

I'm using only 4 major ships (CA Australia, CA Hawkins, CL Richmond and another Omaha class CL) so the losses would however be acceptable, even in the worst case.

If the KB comes in...it may will find a CAP composed of some of my TOP pacific squadrons.

Mines and PTs should be able to inflict some damages too...

Finger crossed guys

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2344
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 2:05:37 PM   
Dan Nichols

Why range one for your SDBs and Avengers?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2345
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 2:12:43 PM   
String

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

Why range one for your SDBs and Avengers?

I guess he doesn't want them to fly into a cap-trap over enemy bases

Surface combat TF fanboy

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 2346
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 2:37:42 PM   
GreyJoy

Precisely String!

Dan our fighters and bombers at Lunga all have a range of 1, while our fighters at Tulagi have range 0. This should enable me to attack "ONLY" those enemy ships that will linger at Tulagi (or Tassa for what it matters) after the first night of fightings and my idea is to send enough "meat" on the first night in order to make his ships expend all their operational points so that they won't be able to move untill the next day...

Let's see....few hours and we'll know if i screwed all up or if our strategy has worked

(in reply to String)
Post #: 2347
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 2:39:01 PM   
DOCUP

I see that I am late to this party.  Good luck Greyjoy   i am kinda wondering why not use some air againist them.

doc

(in reply to String)
Post #: 2348
RE: Fighting - 9/15/2011 2:44:15 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

I see that I am late to this party.  Good luck Greyjoy   i am kinda wondering why not use some air againist them.

doc

Because he has 1100 fighters between Russell, Thousands and Auki bases...these forces will torn apart every single air mission i'll send against his shippings....differently if they have to LRCAP over Tulagi...at least in this way i'd save most of my shot down pilots

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 2349
SPOILERs - 9/15/2011 6:26:23 PM   
GreyJoy

Ok...still don't have the turn but i asked Rader to give me some spoilers...

The outcome isn't good for the allies...a Japanese victory cause he managed to bring away 25k of the 50k men that were present at Tulagi...a great masterpiece imho.

As far as i can tell from his email, my planes got butchered and my DDs didn't achieve their goal (so to say didn't intercept the fast transport fleet...)...

Well...here's his email:

"Yes it was, a lot of action indeed. But no major ships sunk on either side. Lots of DDs lost, probably more Japanese (maybe 8), but at least 5-6 US I think. Plus some Es, SCs, LBs, etc. A few hundred a/c lost, a few more Japanese than US (but many of those on the ground). But I managed to get more than half the Tulagi force out."

I'd call it a japanese strategic victory and and probably a tactical draw (or a minor jap victory)...it will depends on how many elite pilots i have lost...

I feel guilty...probably i should have dared more...but it's easy to say that when you know the result...

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2350
RE: SPOILERs - 9/15/2011 6:32:02 PM   
GreyJoy

Only God knows how could he manage to load 25k men in 2 days from a beachhead...

i still have many many things to learn from Rader...i bet my first landings will be a compilation of nightmares....

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2351
RE: SPOILERs - 9/15/2011 6:35:09 PM   
Canoerebel

rader's blowing smoke up your rear end.  This entire campaign in the Solomons has been a decisive victory for the Allies and a colossal defeat for Japan.  Now, operationally, he manages to extract a fair bit of his troops.  Okay, you can't always stop the tide from coming in or going out.  You gave it alot of thought and tried something that didn't work as well as you wished.  Bottom Line:  You should come away from this feeling very good about your performance and the position of the Allies.  Rader just has to blow smoke to cover how really feels about his performance in the Solomons.  Strategic Japanese victory?  Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2352
RE: SPOILERs - 9/15/2011 6:39:54 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

rader's blowing smoke up your rear end.  This entire campaign in the Solomons has been a decisive victory for the Allies and a colossal defeat for Japan.  Now, operationally, he manages to extract a fair bit of his troops.  Okay, you can't always stop the tide from coming in or going out.  You gave it alot of thought and tried something that didn't work as well as you wished.  Bottom Line:  You should come away from this feeling very good about your performance and the position of the Allies.  Rader just has to blow smoke to cover how really feels about his performance in the Solomons.  Strategic Japanese victory?  Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

But i am happy about the Solomons campaign. As i told him i think the "tulagi affair" was a God's present left in front of my door cause it gave me the right place to start attriting him....however i think it's normal that i wished something more...i wished to lock the exit door so tight that it would have been impossible for him to save those guys.
Anyway i wanna see the reply to understand how it really went...

Now it will be much harder anyway without the advantage of having Rader focused on saving those divisions...

and CR..... Thanks for your constant support! :-*

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2353
RE: SPOILERs - 9/15/2011 10:59:56 PM   
crsutton

Quite frankly, if you have sunk 8 DDs and a lot of other smaller ships then you have done just fine. If he got half his troops off then the other half is stuck there-including most of his heavy weapons as it looks like a massive fast transport pick up. Those units pulled off can replace heavy weapons stuck on Tulagi. Any time he gives you an attrition battle then you are winning. If he loses another 8 DDs to get the rest of then the loss of that many DDs plus the others you have killed represent a serious disaster for him. Cruisers and DDs are the lifeblood of the Japanese fleet.

I am anxious to see the combat report.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2354
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 12:09:30 AM   
topeverest

Just back to the game I left some months ago. I see you are doing just fine. I am in agreement you have upside. Dont get greedy though and stay concentrated to a resonable degree.

Andy M

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2355
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 12:13:06 AM   
JeffroK

I think Churchill said that the British couldnt afford another victory like Dunkirk, Rader is smoking good stuff if he thinks he has won this campaign.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 2356
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 12:27:51 AM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Quite frankly, if you have sunk 8 DDs and a lot of other smaller ships then you have done just fine. If he got half his troops off then the other half is stuck there-including most of his heavy weapons as it looks like a massive fast transport pick up. Those units pulled off can replace heavy weapons stuck on Tulagi. Any time he gives you an attrition battle then you are winning. If he loses another 8 DDs to get the rest of then the loss of that many DDs plus the others you have killed represent a serious disaster for him. Cruisers and DDs are the lifeblood of the Japanese fleet.

I am anxious to see the combat report.

Wow .. the loss of DD's when the USN is ramping up the submarine force and the effectiveness of that force .. that does not sound like a very good combination

< Message edited by Crackaces -- 9/16/2011 12:28:06 AM >

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2357
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 1:00:19 AM   
ny59giants

He is losing DDs while the Fletchers are starting to come out in large numbers. He may win against your older DDs, but as some of your Cleveland CLs and Fletcher DD TFs are showing, he is headed to defeat in a short amount of time at this pace.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 2358
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 1:21:44 AM   
GreyJoy

Too tired to comment...tomorrow lots of screenshots are coming and an aftermath...

For the moment...here u go the Combat Replay (i know it's boring but better than nothing)

However i lost 8 DD plus another 6 badly damaged that will need a good time at shipyard...And a CL!...a CA is also reported damaged in a collision...My major ships are fine...some minor damages....mines weren't a factor...nor the PTs...or the subs (my subs had a very bad day...)...

He lost something like 10 DDs plus a good number left firing....

96 vs 40 for him in A2A...bad day for my bombers...but only 15 fighters pilots are killed

Overall a decent day....30k japs left at Tulagi...i won't let these bastards out!

I'll go on anyway. Tomorrow a general attack is ordered against his line. Russell Is. will be naval bombed while my 4Es will attack Auki preceded by 50 fighters on sweep. 200 Naval bombers will look for his BBs and my subs are encircling his BBs at Thousands...if he tries to get out they should find him (hopefully).

BANZAI!!!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 12, 43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 311 encounters mine field at Tulagi (114,137) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

3 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
AMc Takasago Maru, Shell hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
AMc Shonan Maru #7, Shell hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
E Otori
E Etoforu
E W-7, Mine hits 1, heavy damage

57th Coastal Artillery Regiment firing at AMc Takasago Maru
AMc Shonan Maru #7 firing at 57th Coastal Artillery Regiment
57th Coastal Artillery Regiment firing at AMc Shonan Maru #7
57th Coastal Artillery Regiment firing at AMc Takasago Maru
AMc Shonan Maru #7 firing at 57th Coastal Artillery Regiment
57th Coastal Artillery Regiment firing at AMc Shonan Maru #7
52 mines cleared

Night Time Surface Combat, near Tulagi at 114,137, Range 10,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
E W-15, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AMc Ataka Maru
AMc Shanan Maru #16
LB-138
LB-139
LB-140
LB-144
LB-201
LB-202
LB-203
LB-204
LB-205
LB-206
LB-207
LB-208
LB-209
LB-210
LB-212
LB-213
SC CHa-15
SC CHa-16
SC CHa-17
SC CHa-19
SC CHa-20
SC CHa-22

Allied Ships
PT-105
PT-227

Japanese Ships
PC Sumire
E Ishigaki, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
E W-6
E W-14
E Sarushima, Shell hits 1
E Yurijima, Shell hits 1
LB-162
LB-163, Shell hits 1
LB-164
LB-165
LB-166
LB-167
LB-168
LB-169, Shell hits 3, on fire
LB-170
LB-516
LB-517
LB-518
LB-1007
LB-1008, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
PT-234
PT-237, Shell hits 6, and is sunk
PT-258

Night Time Surface Combat, near Tulagi at 114,137, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
AMc Ataka Maru, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage
AMc Shanan Maru #16
LB-138, Shell hits 2
LB-139, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-140, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
LB-144, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
LB-201
LB-202, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-203
LB-204
LB-205
LB-206
LB-207
LB-208
LB-209, heavy damage
LB-210
LB-212
LB-213
SC CHa-15
SC CHa-16
SC CHa-17, Shell hits 1
SC CHa-19
SC CHa-20
SC CHa-22, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
PT-333
PT-334, Shell hits 1, on fire
PT-337, Shell hits 1, heavy fires

Japanese Ships
PC Nire
AMc Wa 4, Shell hits 9, and is sunk
E W-18, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AMc Toshi Maru #1, Shell hits 1
PB Santos Maru
PB Tama Maru #8, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
SC Ch 13
PB Daiya Maru
LB-150, Shell hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
LB-151, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-152, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
LB-153
LB-154, Shell hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
LB-155, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
LB-156
LB-157
LB-158
LB-159
LB-160
LB-161

Allied Ships
PT-247
PT-249
PT-278
PT-280
PT-286
PT-287, Shell hits 2, and is sunk

Sub attack near Tulagi at 114,137

Japanese Ships
LB-1208
SC CHa-27
LB-1212
LB-1207
LB-149
E W-11
PB Kamitu Maru
SC CHa-46

Allied Ships
SS S-42, hits 6

ASW attack near Tulagi at 114,137

Japanese Ships
DD Ushio
DD Akebono
E W-12
E Sagi, on fire
DD Hikokaze
DD Arikaze
DD Mochizuki

Allied Ships
SS Albacore, hits 6

ASW attack near Tulagi at 114,137

Japanese Ships
DD Akatsuki
DD Kuroshio
DD Shimakaze
DD Asagiri
DD Shikinami

Allied Ships
SS Albacore, hits 6

Night Time Surface Combat, near Auki at 115,136, Range 10,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
xAKL Toshin Maru, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAKL Fukuyama Maru, Shell hits 4, heavy fires
xAKL Horei Maru, Shell hits 1
xAKL Yamashimo Maru, Shell hits 1
xAKL Taisoku Maru, Shell hits 3, on fire
xAKL Kayo Maru
xAKL Juyo Maru, Shell hits 8, heavy fires
xAKL Nichirei Maru, Shell hits 5, heavy fires
xAKL Hoko Maru, Shell hits 5, heavy fires
xAKL Yamamizu Maru, Shell hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAKL Gozan Maru
xAKL Raizan Maru
xAKL Rozan Maru
xAKL Shun Yuan, Shell hits 19, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAKL Hachirogata Maru, Shell hits 22, and is sunk
SC CHa-30, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
SC CHa-32, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Preston
DD Flusser
DD Cassin
DD Downes

Night Time Surface Combat, near Auki at 115,136, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 28, Shell hits 17, and is sunk
SC Ch 30, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
SC Ch 31, Shell hits 9, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Preston
DD Flusser
DD Cassin, Shell hits 1
DD Downes

Night Time Surface Combat, near Auki at 115,136, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yukikaze, Shell hits 1
DD Isokaze, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Preston, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Flusser
DD Cassin, Shell hits 1
DD Downes

Night Time Surface Combat, near Tulagi at 114,137, Range 7,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Akebono
DD Ushio
DD Mochizuki
E Sagi, on fire
E W-12
DD Arikaze
DD Hikokaze

Allied Ships
DMS Chandler, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Akatsuki, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Shikinami, Shell hits 1
DD Asagiri

Allied Ships
DD Cummings
DD Drayton, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Lamson
DD Conyngham

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara
DD Kazegumo, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Oboro, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Shaw, Shell hits 1
DD Cushing, Shell hits 2
DD Perkins
DD Smith, Shell hits 1, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Tulagi at 114,137, Range 9,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Akebono
DD Ushio
DD Mochizuki
E W-12, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
DD Arikaze
DD Hikokaze

Allied Ships
DD Piet Hein, Shell hits 7, on fire

Japanese Ships
DD Shirakumo
DD Isonami
DD Uranami, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Kosugiri, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Shaw, on fire
DD Cushing
DD Perkins
DD Smith, on fire

Japanese Ships
DD Shirakumo, Shell hits 24, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Isonami, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Uranami, Shell hits 20, and is sunk
DD Kosugiri, Shell hits 12, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins, Shell hits 1
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton, Shell hits 1
DD Jenkins
DD LaVallette
DD Nicholas
DD Radford
DD Saufley, Shell hits 1

Japanese Ships
DD Suruyame, Shell hits 5
DD Yamanagiri
DD Susukaze

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins, Shell hits 1
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton
DD Jenkins
DD LaVallette
DD Nicholas
DD Radford
DD Saufley

Japanese Ships
DD Ikazuchi, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Inazuma
DD Shinonome

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton, Shell hits 1
DD Jenkins, Shell hits 1
DD LaVallette, Shell hits 1
DD Nicholas, Shell hits 2
DD Radford
DD Saufley, on fire

Japanese Ships
APD Nagatsuki, Shell hits 16, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton
DD Jenkins
DD LaVallette
DD Nicholas
DD Radford
DD Saufley

Japanese ground losses:
170 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 15 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Japanese Ships
PB Rokko Maru, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
PB Shonan Maru #17, Shell hits 3, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton
DD Jenkins
DD LaVallette
DD Nicholas
DD Radford
DD Saufley

Japanese Ships
PB Mikage Maru, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CA Hawkins
DD DeHaven
DD Eaton
DD Jenkins
DD LaVallette
DD Nicholas
DD Radford
DD Saufley

Japanese ground losses:
53 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled

Day Time Surface Combat, near Auki at 115,136, Range 17,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yukikaze, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
DD Isokaze, Shell hits 4, heavy fires

Allied Ships
DD Dewey, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Hull, Shell hits 1
DD MacDonough, Shell hits 1
DD Aylwin, Shell hits 1

Day Time Surface Combat, near Tulagi at 114,137, Range 17,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Ikazuchi
DD Inazuma, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Shinonome

Allied Ships
DD Shaw, Shell hits 4, heavy fires
DD Cushing, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Perkins
DD Smith, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Sub attack near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato
BB Hyuga
BB Yamashiro
BB Mutsu
CA Kako
CA Kinugasa
CA Myoko
DD Arashi
DD Natsushio
DD Tamanami

Allied Ships
SS S-37, hits 11, heavy damage

Submarine attack near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,135

Japanese Ships
xAKL Hoko Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Grayback

xAKL Hoko Maru is sighted by SS Grayback
SS Grayback launches 2 torpedoes at xAKL Hoko Maru

Day Time Surface Combat, near Auki at 115,136, Range 21,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Yukikaze, Shell hits 10, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Isokaze, Shell hits 30, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Richmond
DD Anderson
DD Blue
DD Jarvis
DD Craven
DD Balch
DD Clark

Sub attack near Tulagi at 114,137

Japanese Ships
ACM Seisho Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Skipjack

SS Skipjack launches 2 torpedoes
Escort abandons search for sub

Sub attack near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,135

Japanese Ships
xAKL Nichirei Maru, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Grayback

xAKL Nichirei Maru is sighted by SS Grayback
SS Grayback launches 4 torpedoes

Morning Air attack on TF, near Tulagi at 114,137

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 36 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 3
A6M3 Zero x 9
A6M3a Zero x 11
A6M5 Zero x 40
N1K1-J George x 20
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 7
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 19
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 68
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 8
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 8

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk III x 5
Spitfire Vc Trop x 3
Hurricane XIIb x 2
P-38G Lightning x 1
F4U-1 Corsair x 24
F6F-3 Hellcat x 77
SB2C-1C Helldiver x 24
SBD-3 Dauntless x 23
TBF-1 Avenger x 41

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2-N Rufe: 1 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed
A6M5 Zero: 1 destroyed
N1K1-J George: 2 destroyed
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 3 destroyed
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair: 1 destroyed
F6F-3 Hellcat: 4 destroyed
SB2C-1C Helldiver: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged
SBD-3 Dauntless: 4 destroyed, 4 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 4 destroyed, 5 damaged
TBF-1 Avenger: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
DD Akatsuki
DD Mochizuki
DD Shinonome
DD Oboro
DD Susukaze
LB-530
DD Kuroshio
DD Inazuma, on fire
DD Ikazuchi, Bomb hits 2, on fire
DD Shikinami
DD Ushio, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CL Nagara
DD Suruyame, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
LB-521

Morning Air attack on TF, near Tulagi at 114,137

Raid detected at 73 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 34 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 2
A6M3 Zero x 18
A6M3a Zero x 18
A6M5 Zero x 27
N1K1-J George x 22
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 17
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 14
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 74
Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 15
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 13

Allied aircraft
Beaufort VIII x 6
Kittyhawk III x 6
Spitfire Vc Trop x 4
Hurricane XIIb x 15
P-38G Lightning x 1
P-39D Airacobra x 3
F4U-1 Corsair x 11
F6F-3 Hellcat x 20
SBD-2 Dauntless x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3 Zero: 1 destroyed
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufort VIII: 4 destroyed
Hurricane XIIb: 3 destroyed
P-38G Lightning: 1 destroyed
F6F-3 Hellcat: 2 destroyed
SBD-2 Dauntless: 10 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
ACM Shinko Maru #1
DD Akebono

Japanese Ships
E Wakatake, Shell hits 2, on fire
E W-1, Shell hits 17, and is sunk
E W-5, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
AMc Takunan Maru #3, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
AMc Tama Maru #3, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
E Saishu, Shell hits 13, heavy fires, heavy damage
LB-1027, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1028, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1029, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
LB-1030, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
LB-1031, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1032, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1033, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1034, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-1035
LB-5001, Shell hits 1
LB-5002, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-5003, Shell hits 2, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Richmond, Shell hits 1
DD Anderson
DD Blue
DD Jarvis
DD Craven
DD Balch
DD Clark

Night Time Surface Combat, near Rekata Bay at 113,135, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Ushio, Shell hits 6, and is sunk
DD Mochizuki, Shell hits 3, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Helm, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD McCall
DD Maury

Japanese Ships
DD Shimakaze
DD Kuroshio
DD Akatsuki, Shell hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Shikinami, Shell hits 3
DD Asagiri

Allied Ships
CA Australia, Shell hits 1
CL Trenton
DD Abbot
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Chevalier
DD Conway
DD Cony, Shell hits 1, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Kirishima
BB Nagato, Shell hits 1
BB Mutsu
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro, Shell hits 1
BB Ise
BB Hyuga
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Maya
CA Chokai
CA Myoko, Shell hits 1
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
CA Aoba
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
DD Tamanami
DD Natsushio
DD Arashi

Allied Ships
DD Helm, on fire
DD McCall
DD Maury, Shell hits 3, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara, Shell hits 2, on fire
DD Oboro, Shell hits 3, on fire

Allied Ships
CA Australia
CL Trenton, Shell hits 1
DD Abbot
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Chevalier
DD Conway
DD Cony, on fire

Night Time Surface Combat, near Rekata Bay at 113,135, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Suruyame, Shell hits 19, and is sunk
DD Yamanagiri, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Fletcher, Shell hits 1
DD Waller
DD Arunta
DD Van Galen

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara, Shell hits 7, heavy fires
DD Oboro, Shell hits 3, heavy fires

Allied Ships
CA Australia
CL Trenton
DD Abbot
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Chevalier
DD Conway
DD Cony, on fire

ASW attack near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136

Japanese Ships
PB Bunzan Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
LB-1002
LB-527
LB-522
E Iki
PC Kaki

Allied Ships
SS Sargo, hits 4

Night Time Surface Combat, near Lunga at 114,138, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Oboro, Shell hits 6, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD MacDonough
DD Aylwin

Japanese Ships
E Wakatake, Shell hits 4, heavy fires, heavy damage
LB-1035, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
LB-5001, Shell hits 1, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD MacDonough
DD Aylwin, Shell hits 1

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara, Shell hits 14, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Oboro, Shell hits 13, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Hull
DD MacDonough
DD Aylwin

Day Time Surface Combat, near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136, Range 27,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Kirishima
BB Nagato
BB Mutsu, Shell hits 3
BB Fuso, Shell hits 1
BB Yamashiro, Shell hits 1
BB Ise, Shell hits 2
BB Hyuga
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Maya
CA Chokai, Shell hits 1
CA Myoko
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
CA Aoba
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
DD Tamanami
DD Natsushio
DD Arashi

Allied Ships
DD Preston, Shell hits 8, and is sunk
DD Flusser, Shell hits 5, and is sunk
DD Cassin, Shell hits 14, and is sunk
DD Downes, Shell hits 15, and is sunk

Day Time Surface Combat, near Lunga at 114,138, Range 27,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CL Nagara, Shell hits 6, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Australia
CL Trenton
DD Abbot
DD Aulick
DD Bache
DD Chevalier
DD Conway
DD Cony

Day Time Surface Combat, near Thousand Ships Bay at 114,136, Range 27,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Kirishima
BB Nagato
BB Mutsu, Shell hits 1
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro
BB Ise, Shell hits 1
BB Hyuga
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Maya
CA Chokai
CA Myoko
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
CA Aoba
CA Kinugasa
CA Furutaka
CA Kako
DD Tamanami
DD Natsushio
DD Arashi, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Helm, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD McCall, Shell hits 7, and is sunk

Morning Air attack on Thousand Ships Bay , at 114,136

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 77 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 13
A6M3a Zero x 58
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 16
Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 32
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 30
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 19

Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIc x 16
Kittyhawk III x 10
Hurricane XIIb x 6
B-24D1 Liberator x 113
F6F-3 Hellcat x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2-N Rufe: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged
A6M2-N Rufe: 6 destroyed on ground
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed, 5 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 9 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 16 damaged
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 7 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 2 destroyed, 25 damaged
Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 25 destroyed on ground
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 15 damaged
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 19 destroyed on ground
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 19 damaged
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 15 destroyed on ground
E13A1 Jake: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
Beaufighter VIc: 4 destroyed
Hurricane XIIb: 1 destroyed
B-24D1 Liberator: 2 destroyed, 6 damaged
F6F-3 Hellcat: 2 destroyed

Japanese ground losses:
33 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 32
Airbase supply hits 10
Runway hits 65

Ground combat at Tulagi (114,137)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 5341 troops, 261 guns, 146 vehicles, Assault Value = 1284

Defending force 31800 troops, 226 guns, 141 vehicles, Assault Value = 899
Japanese ground losses:
287 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 24 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Assaulting units:
24th (Sep) Infantry Regiment
148th Infantry Regiment
145th Infantry Regiment
754th Tank Battalion
3rd Marine Division
23rd Marine Regiment
102nd Combat Engineer Regiment
1st Marine Raider Battalion
627th Tank Destroyer Battalion
3rd USMC Tank Battalion
34th Aviation Base Force
97th Field Artillery Battalion
821st Engineer Aviation Battalion
369th Coast AA Regiment
21st USN Naval Construction Battalion
147th Field Artillery Regiment
57th Coastal Artillery Regiment
139th USA Base Force
96th Coast AA Regiment
179th USAAF Base Force
3rd USN Naval Construction Battalion
353rd Construction Regiment
205th Field Artillery Battalion
181st Field Artillery Regiment
I US Corps
16th USN Naval Construction Battalion
177th Construction Regiment
102nd USN Base Force
804th Engineer Aviation Battalion
2nd USMC Field Artillery Battalion
7th Marine Defense Battalion
220th USN Base Force /2

Defending units:
36th Infantry Regiment
38th Division
52nd Infantry Brigade
Ichiki Det.
5th Division
4th Division
71st Infantry Brigade
90th Infantry Regiment
64th Infantry Bde /1
2nd Area Army

< Message edited by GreyJoy -- 9/16/2011 9:37:54 AM >

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2359
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 3:28:48 AM   
crsutton

You really slaughtered a lot of small ships. PBs, Es, LBs, SCs, AKLs and so on. Combined with the loss of his DDs and one CL I would have to give this one to you. It is a shame that so many troops got away but in the end, you kill the Japanese Navy and those troops are not going to move around much more. Good turn.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2360
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 6:51:28 AM   
GreyJoy

some images of the "Dunkirk" turn

Attachment (1)

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 2361
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 6:52:12 AM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2362
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 6:52:56 AM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2363
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 6:53:53 AM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2364
RE: SPOILERs - 9/16/2011 6:54:45 AM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2365
nice fight - 9/16/2011 7:51:07 AM   
jmalter

well that had something for everyone in it! i especially liked the night Mavis torpedo attack, w/ Kingfishers on CAP.

notice how generally ineffective the DeathStarTF was, except at the very end when it bliterated 4 DDs.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2366
DUNKIRK - the Aftermath - 9/16/2011 9:29:13 AM   
GreyJoy

The aftermath:

Ok friends, here's the analysis of this intense 2 days turn.

As you can see from this too-boring-too-long combat report (i'm sorry for that), our SCTFs (we had 8 different combat task forces) didn't achieve the main goal, so to say to stop the evacuation and interdict the enemy fast trasports. I still don't know how he did manage to get away with 23k men in one single night...i guess he sent dozens of single APDs to pick up the troops, leaving LBs to do the rest and to absorb the main blows.
Anyway, he lost 1 CL + 10 DDs i'd say, while i lost 8 DDs plus a lot of damaged ones on different degrees.
Our subs (22 of them) suffered badly and, when they have a chance of firing (at the BB for example), they were unlucky with missing shots or dud torps.

The outcome could have been really better if i hadn't set Thousands Ships bay as a destination hex for two DDTFs....these guys weren't able to fire a single torp to those BBs.

My aircrafts suffered badly too...his LRCAP did a good job and my SDBs and Avengers got slaughtered. Luckly enough the fact that the missions were performed over Tulagi saved a lot of lifes cause most of my pilots were rescued.

Our 4Es did a wonderfull job at Thousands Ships Bay, destroying nearly 130 planes on the ground and closing the AF for good.

His KB didn't show up, nor did his bombers....this wasn't meant to be a trap...he limited himself on the defensive so i probably could have sent in my BBs and my Cleveland Class CLs...but, as i said, it's easy to say that when you know the final result.

In the end wasn't a bad turn. Kind of a draw tactically but for sure Rader is paying a lot in terms of ship losses during these 6 months of Solomons Campaign...and everything was caused by his initial mistake at Tulagi...

The situation now is the following:

He still has his DeathStar-BB TF at Thousands Ships Bay, while the rest of his navy has left the field.
At Russell there are 300 fighters, 100 at Thousands (but the AF should not be operative) and 400 at Auki.
My intention now is to keep the pressure up. We'll move my SDBs and my TBs to Tassafaronga and Lunga, while more fighters will be added as escort. We want to chase down those BBs if we can... moved my subs to every single passage where his ships could pass by to reach the safety of Rabaul... a Bombardment TF composed of the Richmond CL, Australia CA and 8 Fletcher Class DDs will bomb Russell Island, while the Auki AF will be hit first swept by 150 Hellcats/Corsairs, followed by 150 4Es escorted by P-38s. The idea is to leave his BBs without air cover when our 200 SDBs and TBs will take off to attack them.
If he moves out and flee my subs should come into action...hoepfully.

I also wanna see how my Hellcats (with top pilots) perform on the offensive. I'll use them all at 35k ft, so 4000 ft higher than his planes...i should get the upper hand

In India...well it seems that he's not willing to keep on attacking me. The simple presence of the P-47s has finally changed the tide in India.
Now troops and supplies are arriving at Aden and soon we'll be able to move from the defence to the attack. The simple fact that now i have a good air cover over Karachi makes my life a lot easier!!!!

In SWPAC our fleet will need some R&R especially for what concerns my DDs...but i still have enough ships to keep the pressure on his defensive line. No rest will be given to the damned japs

However, he still has 30k men at Tulagi. Something like 2 divisions worth of troops. I will keep the chain around them as tight as i can

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2367
RE: DUNKIRK - the Aftermath - 9/16/2011 10:08:19 AM   
obvert

Interesting turn. He probably took a part of each of the units at Tulagi. He can't start rebuilding them, however, until the rest still left on Tulagi are gone. If you don't need the base all to yourself, it might be a good idea to leave them there to rot. It also might invite him to try and take them off again, so you get another shot at a bunch of ships.

Trades with the IJN are good, as you know, and it looks like this was a good turn in many ways for you. If he does get all of those DIVs out, though, he can sit them on the islands you'll be attacking in 44 and let them build up to full strength again. They should keep their EXP as well, since they weren't destroyed. So it might be wise to just let the troops on Tulagi stay there AS LONG as possible to make his rebuilding take longer.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2368
RE: DUNKIRK - the Aftermath - 9/16/2011 10:39:38 AM   
Smeulders

Whether or not they keep their exp depends on how much he gets out. Taking replacements can lower the experience of LCUs, so taking out half and rebuilding the rest from the pools is likely to hurt the units.

You should take into account that he has probably taken out most of the 'easy' devices. Loading up the heavy guns or even motorized support (do the Japanese have that?) in his divisions might be harder and force his fast transport task forces to stay at Tulagi longer.

Can you give an overview of fleet losses up to now ? It seems you're hitting him hard in the DD/CL department. (Last turn you mainly sunk good pre-war DD, not his best, but the kind he will miss)

The AE-Wiki, help fill it out

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2369
RE: DUNKIRK - the Aftermath - 9/16/2011 10:43:16 AM   
GreyJoy

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 14, 15 43

A damned unlucky turn.

His BBs tried to flee away moving east and then north, passing by Auki.
My subs were in a perfect poisition to strike at night.... 4 different subs attacked....only a single torp hit and exploded with 2 miss and 1 dud

The next day our fighters did a good job sweeping Auki...the opposition was stiff but we achieved a 2-1 kill ratio...(25 pilots KIA/MIA ) but my 4Es were grounded for 2 days in a row so....we had the chance of desatroying hundreds of enemy fighters on the ground and...oh well..

Our Bombardment TF spent all its ammo killing 2 stupid PBs and decided to get away without firing at Russell Is....

Ok, sto whining...**** simply happens :-)

The KB is moving down....west of Shortland now.
Orders have been given to assume the defensive posture!

All his other ships have left the area...

When the day came his Kates on ASW slaughter my subs positioned to intercept his BBs.... 8 sub killed in a single day

Sub attack near Auki  at 115,136

Japanese Ships
     CA Atago
     CA Chokai
     DD Arashi
     DD Natsushio
     DD Tamanami
     E Otori

Allied Ships
     SS Hoe

SS Hoe launches 4 torpedoes at CA Atago

Sub attack near Rekata Bay  at 114,134

Japanese Ships
     CA Aoba
     BB Hyuga
     BB Nagato
     E W-6
     E Kunashiri
     E Taneko
     E Teiko
     E W-17
     E W-14

Allied Ships
     SS Grayling

SS Grayling launches 4 torpedoes at CA Aoba

ASW attack near Rekata Bay  at 113,133

Japanese Ships
     BB Hyuga
     BB Nagato
     CA Aoba
     E W-6
     E Kunashiri
     E Taneko
     E Teiko
     E W-17
     E W-14

Allied Ships
     SS Nautilus

Sub attack near Rekata Bay  at 113,133

Japanese Ships
     E Teiko
     BB Hyuga
     BB Nagato
     CA Aoba
     E W-6
     E Kunashiri
     E Taneko
     E W-17
     E W-14

Allied Ships
     SS Nautilus, hits 6

Day Time Surface Combat, near Russell Islands at 113,136, Range 27,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
     PB Choko Maru #2, Shell hits 22, and is sunk
     PB Eiko Maru, Shell hits 24, and is sunk

Allied Ships
     CA Australia
     CL Richmond
     CL Trenton
     DD Abbot
     DD Aulick
     DD Bache
     DD Chevalier
     DD Conway
     DD Anderson
     DD Blue
     DD Jarvis
     DD Craven
     DD Balch
     DD Clark

ASW attack near Rekata Bay  at 112,133

Japanese Ships
     CA Aoba, Torpedo hits 1
     BB Mutsu
     CA Kinugasa
     E W-6
     E Etoforu
     E Taneko
     E Teiko
     E W-17
     E W-14

Allied Ships
     SS Finback

SS Finback launches 6 torpedoes at CA Aoba

Morning Air attack on TF, near Auki at 115,136

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid detected at 35 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2-N Rufe x 3
     A6M3a Zero x 10
     A6M5 Zero x 25
     N1K1-J George x 14
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 27
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 53
     Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 2
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 4

Allied aircraft
     F4U-1 Corsair x 18
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 36
     TBF-1 Avenger x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 1 destroyed
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed
     Ki-44-IIc Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
     F6F-3 Hellcat: 1 destroyed
     TBF-1 Avenger: 4 destroyed, 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
     ACM Shinko Maru #1,  heavy fires,  heavy damage

Raid spotted at 40 NM, estimated altitude 37,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2-N Rufe x 13
     A6M3a Zero x 8
     A6M5 Zero x 8
     N1K1-J George x 7
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 3
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 18
     Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 4
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 3

Allied aircraft
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 75

Japanese aircraft losses
     A6M2-N Rufe: 5 destroyed
     A6M5 Zero: 2 destroyed
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
     F6F-3 Hellcat: 4 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
     19 x F6F-3 Hellcat sweeping at 35000 feet
      3 x F6F-3 Hellcat sweeping at 35000 feet
      1 x F6F-3 Hellcat sweeping at 35000 feet

Morning Air attack on Auki , at 115,136

Raid detected at 33 NM, estimated altitude 37,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M3a Zero x 8
     A6M5 Zero x 20
     N1K1-J George x 9
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 22
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 35
     Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 1
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 4

Allied aircraft
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 61

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
     F6F-3 Hellcat: 8 destroyed

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 37,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M3a Zero x 3
     A6M5 Zero x 14
     N1K1-J George x 5
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 12
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 21
     Ki-44-IIc Tojo x 1
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 2

Allied aircraft
     F4U-1 Corsair x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 2 destroyed
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 2 destroyed
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses

Ground combat at Tulagi (114,137)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 5341 troops, 261 guns, 146 vehicles, Assault Value = 1284

Defending force 31504 troops, 226 guns, 141 vehicles, Assault Value = 873

Japanese ground losses:
     216 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 21 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
     Vehicles lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
   148th Infantry Regiment
   23rd Marine Regiment
   24th (Sep) Infantry Regiment
   145th Infantry Regiment
   3rd Marine Division
   1st Marine Raider Battalion
   627th Tank Destroyer Battalion
   754th Tank Battalion
   102nd Combat Engineer Regiment
   3rd USMC Tank Battalion
   139th USA  Base Force
   179th USAAF Base Force
   97th Field Artillery Battalion
   181st Field Artillery Regiment
   2nd USMC Field Artillery Battalion
   177th Construction Regiment
   102nd USN Base Force
   369th Coast AA Regiment
   21st USN Naval Construction Battalion
   96th Coast AA Regiment
   353rd Construction Regiment
   16th USN Naval Construction Battalion
   34th Aviation Base Force
   3rd USN Naval Construction Battalion
   57th Coastal Artillery Regiment
   7th Marine Defense Battalion
   I US Corps
   147th Field Artillery Regiment
   804th Engineer Aviation Battalion
   205th Field Artillery Battalion
   821st Engineer Aviation Battalion
   220th USN Base Force /2

Defending units:
   4th Division
   5th Division
   Ichiki Det.
   90th Infantry Regiment
   38th Division
   52nd Infantry Brigade
   71st Infantry Brigade
   36th Infantry Regiment
   64th Infantry Bde /1
   2nd Area Army

Sub attack near Morotai  at 82,102

Japanese Ships
     xAK Tokyo Maru, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

Allied Ships
     SS Seawolf

Japanese ground losses:
     31 casualties reported
        Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
     Guns lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)

xAK Tokyo Maru is sighted by SS Seawolf
SS Seawolf launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Tokyo Maru

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 34 NM, estimated altitude 38,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2-N Rufe x 2
     A6M5 Zero x 16
     N1K1-J George x 7
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 15
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 40
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 1

Allied aircraft
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
     A6M2-N Rufe: 1 destroyed
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
     F6F-3 Hellcat: 6 destroyed

Raid spotted at 40 NM, estimated altitude 37,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2-N Rufe x 7
     A6M3a Zero x 8
     A6M5 Zero x 4
     N1K1-J George x 2
     Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 2
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 6
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 11
     Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 3

Allied aircraft
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 62

Japanese aircraft losses
     A6M2-N Rufe: 4 destroyed
     A6M3a Zero: 4 destroyed
     Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 1 destroyed
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 3 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
     F6F-3 Hellcat: 1 destroyed

Raid spotted at 38 NM, estimated altitude 40,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M5 Zero x 7
     N1K1-J George x 3
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 11
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 25

Allied aircraft
     F6F-3 Hellcat x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar: 3 destroyed

No Allied losses

Raid detected at 18 NM, estimated altitude 34,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M5 Zero x 7
     N1K1-J George x 2
     Ki-43-IIb Oscar x 6
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 24

Allied aircraft
     F4U-1 Corsair x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 4 destroyed

No Allied losses

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2370
Page:   <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fighting Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI