Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Confederate AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/22/2011 6:29:52 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 30 (Late January 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. We regret to inform you that Gen. F. Lee has passed away from the injuries he sustained in Fredericksburg.
2. We have received word that Gen. W. Preston is healing from his injuries.
3. Disease has hit our forces in Fredericksburg, depleting their numbers by over 1000 men.
4. Gen. Lee has moved from Memphis to Murfreesboro. Unfortunately, not making it to Cincinnati will delay our planned offensive into Ohio.
5. A raider was recruited in Richmond. We recommend sending it into western Virginia.
6. Raiders in Louisville successfully raided Federal armories and delivered 19 units of weapons into our lines.
7. ~10,200 minimally trained recruits have bolstered our existing brigades. We estimate an additional 140,000 troops are necessary to bring all of our brigades up to full strength.
8. Jefferson City continues to hold out against our forces. If Buell moves against our armies there, all progress will be lost.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on a telegraph in Natchez and a mint in Montgomery.
2. Began construction on a Raider in Richmond.
3. We completed construction on a camp in Little Rock.

SecNav Report:
1. It seems that our pleas to Europe have worked, there are now a few instances of smugglers carrying money and iron off the coast of our nation.

SecState Report:
1. French military support has increased somewhat.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 181
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/23/2011 2:40:09 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early February 1863 Strategy

1. I am expecting the Union forces to be active this turn. They usually are coming off the winter rest.
2. Well Jefferson City didn't fall last turn which was a major disappointment. However, it should fall this turn, as it only has 4 defense left. Hopefully I can afford to speed some reinforcements that way to move on Des Moines or St. Louis.
3. Finish off my command shuffling. This is taking forever. Lee isn't wanting to move and Polk is already demoted. The AoK has no 4-star in command right now.
4. Keep on building camps and mints.
5. Better stuff appeared to smuggle. This is a good thing. hopefully I have a few successful turns.
6. My raiders aren't having the best of luck, even though I am picking low risk missions. They keep dying on me. Good thing I have more horses than I could ever use.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 182
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/23/2011 3:31:04 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 31 (Early February 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Battles broke out all across the Confederacy. Details to follow.
2. We have captured Jefferson City, Missouri. Missouri will now be able to join its fellow Southern states in defiance of tyranny. Joyous celebrations are reportedly breaking out all over Missouri.
3. Numerous generals are reported wounded or killed from the fighting over the past two weeks. Generals wounded include: E.K. Smith, F.S. Bartow, J.H. Morgan, and W.D. Pender. Generals killed include: L.A. Armistead, J. Wheeler, and Brown.
4. Disease struck in Fredericksburg. Estimated losses are over 3,000 men.
5. Over 10,000 newly trained recruits have joined the substantially depleted ranks of our forces. We estimate a need for another 180,000 men to replenish our brigades.
6. Raiders in Chillicothe have done minor economic damage, and raiders in Louisville were unsuccessful in their attempts to disrupt Union commercial activity.
7. Gen. Weisiger has increased the logisitical efficiency of one of his division staffs.

SecInt Report:
1. Began construction on a camp in Frankfort, a corp in Jackson, and an armory in Mobile.
2. The telegraph lines in central Mississippi have been completed.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's brought in 15 units of weapons and 45 units of money these past two weeks.

SecState Report:
1. We have lost what little French support we have left.
2. British support for the Union has declined slightly, while European support has increased somewhat.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 183
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/23/2011 3:35:26 AM   
Ugly Guy

I am having some difficulties uploading the pictures of the battles. I will try again tomorrow. This problem has been happening occasionally ever since I installed Windows 7. It's beginning to be annoying.

IC Remark: The battle casualties this last time around were horrendous.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 184
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:38:08 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 185
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:49:36 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: End

Summary: I didn't get my tradition end of battle screen shot but this was a brutal battle. I think the number of rallies tells the whole story. The blood flowed freely from both sides, as both the Confederates and the Union called in reinforcements above the original numbers. Despite being outnumbered 3 to 1, the rebel forces under the cunning leadership of Gen. Weisiger once again repulsed the the massive waves of Union attackers. Although he emerged victorious, it was not without cost. Like King Pyrrhus before him, Gen. Weisiger was heard to remark after that battle that "the only thing worse than a victory of this cost is a defeat!" How prophetic were his words to be at the conculsion of the Battle of Memphis taking place simulatenous to this one. It seems the Union did a coordinated all out assault against the Confederacy, determined to destroy it before the spring volunteer musters can be brought to field. Casualties in this two day long blood letting were 30,919 Union and 19,545 Confederate. The Confederates were able to collect from the dead 3 brigades of Springfield rifles and 1 brigade of muskets.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/24/2011 2:09:34 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 186
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:50:37 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 187
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:57:11 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: End

Summary: This battle was fought as two separate encounters of roughly three days apart. It seems the Union could not bring its full strength to bear on the commanderless Army of Kentucky. Gen. Buckner, assuming command in absence of a 4-star general, competently and confidently lead his superior army to victory in both encounters. The original Union plan was to send one army down through Chillocothe to hold Buckner's forces in place outside of Cincinnati, while the other army marched over the Ohio to do a broad flanking manuever around the Confederates. However, the army crossing the Ohio was delayed due to flooding brought on by unseasonably warm weather in western Virgina, and arrived too late. The first one saw minor bloodshed as the Union retreated once it was apparent that their sister army was not joining the fight, while the second resulted in a Union retreat as soon as they realized they were too late. Gen. Buckners forces managed to seize a Union artillery brigade during pursuit of the retreating Union forces. Casualties on both encounters were 1455 Union and 243 Confederate. Confederates looted a brigade of Springfields from the fleeing Union forces.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 188
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:58:21 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: Part Deux Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 189
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:58:59 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Cincinnati: End Part Deux

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 190
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 1:59:44 AM   
Ugly Guy

Massacre of Memphis: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 191
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 2:04:27 AM   
Ugly Guy

Massacre of Memphis: End

Summary: Casualties 30,217 Union; 38,178 Confederate. The Army of Tennessee has virtually ceased to exist as an effective fighting force.

<OOC remarks>One of my artillery batteries disappeared after this fight. I received no notification it disbanded, it did not surrender, and yet it is not anywhere in my forces. Not sure why this happened???</OOC remarks>

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 192
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/24/2011 2:11:32 AM   
Ugly Guy

In case you don't have a calculator handy, that is a 63.7% casualty rate for our boys.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 193
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/25/2011 2:07:03 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late February 1863 Strategy

1. My only course of action in the west is to pull what little is left of the AoT down to Vicksburg and rebuild.
2. Jefferson City finally fell, but I need more reinforcements there as well.
3. I need to rebuild the ANV. It lost about a third of its strength last battle.
4. Not enough men to go around. If I am not smart/lucky, the Confederacy could implode.
5. Need camps and more camps. Will probably start calling for volunteers. Need maximum recruitment this round. And pray the Union emancipates.
6. Will start trading land for time if need be. Hopefully I can contain my city losses to just Memphis.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 194
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/25/2011 2:30:18 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 32 (Late February 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Fort Pillow has been seized by Union forces in along the Mississippi River. We have prioritized the AoT for resupplies and new men.
2. We recommend commencing volunteer mustering in the next two weeks. We must have more men.
3. Our forces have battled Union troops in Kenewha. Details to follow.
4. Our raiders in Louisville destoryed several Union supply depots. However, they were once again cornered and dispersed by the local Union garrison.
5. Our raiders in Chillocothe successfull destroyed Federal economic investments in the area. This seems to be a low value area. We recommend relocating the raiders to around the Federal base in Wheeling.
6. ~10,500 new recruits were brought into our forces in the past two weeks.
7. Gen. J.H. Morgan has reportedly worsened in his wounded condition. He is not diagnosed as critical.
8. Our raiders in Nashville managed to steal quite a few units of weapondry. These shoulder arms were smuggled across the border and given to Confederate supply officers.
9. Gen. Heth and Gen. Weisiger continue to train their logistical staffs.

SecInt Report:
1. We started constructin on two camps in Little Rock.
2. We completed construction of a mint in Mobile and a camp in Frankfort.
3. Gov. Gamble has been installed in Missouri. He reports that there are currently no men available for recruitment in that state.
4. Gov. Moore of Louisiana is requesting funds to construct a hospital in his state. Given the proximity of our forces stationed at Vicksburg, this would be a prudent investment.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's along the New York coast have seized 20 units of weapons that were being sold to the Yankees.

SecState Report:
1. No news at this time.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 195
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/25/2011 2:34:01 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenewha: Start

Summary: I didn't get a shot at the end of the battle. Was too frustrated that my artillery once again did not get placed correctly in the battle. Total casualties were 6,611 Union and 7,304 Confederate. Union casualties included two captured brigades, the 51st and 216th USA infantry. Confederate casualties were mainly due to the savagery of the single Union artillery brigade. Confederate forces also captured many supply trains, yielding a bounty of three brigades of Sprinfield rifles.

OOC: This artillery thing is increasingly frustrating. I am not sure why it always places theirs up front and mine in the back. There are many times where mine do not even get to fire.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 196
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/25/2011 11:56:06 PM   
Mr. Yuck

Maybe the units selected for QC are selected alphabetically, like the Generals? I'm going to try putting an "A" in front of the names of all my best units.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 197
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 1:58:11 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early March 1863 Strategy

1. The AoT is at Vicksburg. I will rebuild it there. I have joined another corp container with it.
2. Need to rebuild my armies in Vicksburg, Fredericksburg, and Jefferson City. Right now all I have at moderate to full strength is the AoK and Heth's corp in Kenewha.
3. I am going to start mustering this turn. This will allow me to make sure that I get a full muster in. I will take a hit with most of the governors, but I need the men right now. Any cities that fail this time around will be mustered again next turn. I may even muster the larger cities twice. 4. My camps will take a hit after next turn, as will my resource production. I can live with this. I will have enough to rebuild my camps to 10k per turn within a couple of months. Then after that it will just be upgrades and upgrade buildings.
5. BR's are holding up and my raiders, while taking steady attrition, do at least pull in some extra weapons. I can only hope that they are hurting the Union somehow.
6. Memphis should hold out until after the April turn. At least I can deprive the Union of a troop muster there, even if I can't deplete its men before they capture it. Losing Nashville is coming back to haunt me. At least I have deprived him of a muster in St. Louis.

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 198
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 2:27:56 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 33 (Early March 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Lee encountered heavy resistance during his march to Columbus. Details to follow.
2. We regret to inform you that Gen. J. H. Morgan has died as a result of his wounds.
3. On a positive note, Gen. Bartow has recovered from his battlefield injuries and will rejoin his division.
4. Numerous new volunteer brigades have been mustered throughout the Confederacy. They will be sent to various Southern armies.
5. ~9200 new recruits have been dispersed to existing Confederate brigades. We estimate that we will need an additional 212,000 men to bring our armies back up to full strength.
6. We have started seiging St. Louis, even while rushing reinforcements to Gen. Price's depleted forces.
7. Intelligence reports that Gen. Buell has tried to loot Memphis, but cannot because we still control Island No. 10. He has at present made no attempt to assault the fort.
8. Raiders in Wheeling have successfuly sabotaged Union railways, while raiders in Indianapolis and Nashville were unsuccessful in causing any harm to the Union.

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction on a camp in Topeka, a corps in Jackson, and a raider in Richmond.
2. We completed construction of two camps in Arkansas and a mint in Montgomery.
3. Gov. Johnson in Kentucky is requesting an Engineering school in Kentucky. We recommend fulfilling this request as soon as funds are available.
4. Gov. Jones is requesting that we station 18 brigades in Kansas. There are no Federal forces near Kansas. This request has been filed in the circular file.
5. Gubenatorial support has decreased throughout the Confederacy as a result of our call for more volunteers.

SecNav Report:
1. No resources were recruited by our BR's in the past two weeks.

SecState Report:
1. British trade support for our nation has fallen, while French military support has increased.

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 5/28/2011 4:40:23 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 199
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 2:28:39 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Columbus: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 200
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 2:31:14 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Columbus: End

Summary: Another craptastic battle led by Lee. Despite outnumbering the Union forces and despite the gallant efforts of his subordinates, Lee manages to, once again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Total casualties include 4,632 Union and 12,871 Confederates. Our losses included the surrender of the 30th Confederate Infantry and its muskets.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 201
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 2:31:45 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Dayton: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 202
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/27/2011 2:36:20 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Dayton: End

Summary: After the defeat at Columbus, Lee was forced to retreat back to Dayton. Here he was advanced upon by four different Union armies. Only the bravery and competency of his subordinates saved his army, for he must have felt compelled to try and throw the rest of it away as well. The needless bloodshed continued, as casualties amounted to 5,863 Union and 7,408 Confederate. Despite the Union forces retreating from the field, the AoK was in no position to pursue and collected no spoils from the battle. In the span of two weeks, Lee managed to render ineffective the largest remaining Southern army group.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 203
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/28/2011 4:42:52 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late March 1863 Strategy

1. Got quite a few brigades last round, will try for a few more this turn.
2. Resource production is down, but I figured as much with my aggresive recruiting and my prioritizing brigades for reinforcements.
3. My April hit to camps shouldn't be terrible. I figure I will need to build about 5 more to even it back out again.
4. Need to start building a few more container units to hold the new brigades.
5. After that it is just spending resources on upgrading my current brigades. As I do that, hopefully I can level the playing field with some of the Union brigades.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 204
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/28/2011 5:12:57 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 34 (Late March 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Lee failed to move his forces into Cincinnati to rest and recover. He states that his army is in too poor of condition to move.
2. General Heth has moved his forces into Wheeling to begin a seige there.
3. Gen. Price continues to bombard St. Louis. He reports that they have destroyed roughly 50% of the cities fortifications.
4. ~10,700 recruits have been distributed to existing brigades.
5. Our recruitment efforts have produced six new brigades for service.
6. We have introduced a new corp container unit. We recommend production of several division containers in the upcoming weeks.
7. A Choctaw Indian cavalry brigade has offered its services to our cause.
8. We have begun to move the newly recruited brigades towards our existing armies to bolster their numbers.
9. Our raiders in Nashville were destoryed while attempting to destroy banks and other economical structures.
10. Our raiders in Wheeling were successful in looting several Union weapons depots. These weapons made their way back into the hands of our quartermaster battalions for immediate use in our brigades.
11. Our raiders in Indianapolis were unsuccessful in their attempt to devestate the local economy.
12. We have promoted Gen. J. L. Kemper to two-star general.

SecInt Report:
1. We finished building a camp in Topeka and a raider in Richmond.
2. We decreased our support from several governors by again requesting that they musted volunteer brigades.
3. Our administrative and logistical efforts has increased our casualty trickle-back, increasing our camp supplied replacement production by 33%.
4. New census numbers reported that we have lost 27 units of population to camp provided reinforcements, while 59 new units of military eligible men were counted.
5. Governor Letcher of Virginia has requested an iron works. Our chances of funding this mirror his support for this administration.
6. Aides for Governor Moore in Louisiana have stated the governor has defunded many of the states military engineering programs.

SecNav Report:
1. BR off the Georgia coast have smuggled in 35 units of hard currency to help fund our war effort.

SecState Report:
1. French trade support has decreased slightly.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 205
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/31/2011 2:05:14 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early April 1863 Strategy

1. A few more brigades have been mustered into the fight. The really good news is the invalid corp from last round. That puts me back over the 10k mark after the April pop camp reduction without needing to build more camps. This will free up all of my resources for research and brigade upgrades. Couldn't have come at a better time.
2. Resource production should be ok. Most of my cities fully recovered their populations. The only ones that didn't were the camp cities, which is expected, and the cities in states who's governors hate me. But even they came close to fully recovering.
3. Buell is baffling me. He refuses to seige Island #10, and without it, he cannot seige or plunder Memphis. I have never seen this before, but I will take a break when I can get it.
4. Lee's army getting pummeled was not in the plan, I can afford to trade land for time if need be.
5. Governor Moore in Louisiana hurting my engineering research sucks, although its better than opposing money production.
6. The only other build priority I have is a few divisional containers for some of the new brigades recruited. Some of my army structures are less than optimal.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 206
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/31/2011 11:38:50 AM   
terje439

How many more brigades do you intend to build?
I find that too many is no good either as that drains your economy really fast.
Congratulation on recieving the imo single most important research upgrade when you play as the CSA.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 207
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/31/2011 4:37:19 PM   
Ugly Guy

I don't intend on building any more brigades. Probably the only other ones that I will get are the emancipation brigades, which should be coming any turn now. My main focus is to not lose anymore men for a few turns until I can rebuild the strength of my existing brigades.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 208
RE: Confederate AAR - 5/31/2011 11:51:15 PM   
WallysWorld

Ugly Guy, any chance of a screenshot of the whole US? I would like to see the overall strategic situation if you don't mind. Thanks!

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 209
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/8/2011 4:51:39 AM   
Ugly Guy

Out of town for a few days. I will get a few updates done when I get back.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI