Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Confederate AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/11/2011 2:10:28 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 35 (Early April 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Confederate forces engaged Union armies in Wheeling and Fredericksburg. Details to follow.
2. Gen. price reports that the seige of St. Louis is progressing with rapid speed. He expects to have the town within the next two weeks.
3. Our new raiders have deployed into the Potomac river area and have succeeded in stealing 14 units of weapons.
4. Our raiders in Indianapolis succeeded in sacking many businesses in the area but were dispersed by a strong showing from the local militia.
5. Our raiders in Wheeling succeeded in stealing 8 units of weapons from local depots but they were destroyed by the attacking Union army in that area.
6. ~10,500 new recruits were hurried into our depleted brigades. We estimate another 220,000 men needed to fill out existing brigades.
7. Gen. W Preston has fully recovered from his battlefield injuries.
8. Gen. Pender has succumbed to the terrible injuries he sustained in service to the South.
9. The Creek Indians have volunteered the services of 2,000 of their warriors in support of the Confederacy.
10. We have recruited a brigade in Jefferson City. We recommend moving into Price's corp and rotating a depleted brigade there out to Jefferson City for rest and refit.

SecInt Report:
1. No news to report this fortnight.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's have brought in 30 units of money.

SecState Report:
1. France has increased her support for the Confederacy.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 211
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/11/2011 2:15:06 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Fredericksburg: Start

Summary: I have a shot of the beginning of the battle, but it was so close I forgot to snap a shot of the conclusion because of my excitement of winning. It was another massive bloodletting, but the boys in butternut managed to hold them off. Total casualties amounted to 12,813 Union, including two captured brigades, and 11,787 Confederates. Gen. Ransom was wounded leading his men in a counterattack. We also have looted 2 brigades of Springfields, 2 brigades of Minie rifles, 2 brigades of muskets, and 1 brigade of European muskets from the abandoned Yankee supply wagons.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ugly Guy -- 6/11/2011 2:18:33 AM >

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 212
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/11/2011 2:18:08 AM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Wheeling:

Summary: No pictures here. We would have been on the offense, with a depleted army, and barely a numerical superiority. I decided to retreat the boys and hope for the best when it came to surrendering brigades and losing weapons. No brigades were lost, but I did lose a brigade of Springfields and a brigade of Liege rifles.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 213
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 2:03:57 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late April 1863 Strategy

1. Even though I won in Fredericksburg, I am going to be forced to retreat Weisiger's army. It has been bloodied to a pulp and like Jackson's, is now utterly incapable of fighting another battle. I will retreat him back to the James River (Richmond) province. That will buy me at least seven or so turns to rebuild while the Union runs wild in eastern Virginia.
2. Jackson's army is rapidly rebuilding, but that is at the expense of reinforcing my other main army groups. A few more turns and I will need to turn the recruits back to Weisiger.
3. I will keep a small stream of new men going to Lee and Heth.
4. At this point, All I can do is trade land for time to rebuild my forces and mount another round of defenses. With the impending loss of Fredericksburg, and Buell's endlessly growing army, I do not think I can force a victory point win. My only option is to focus on holding out until Nov. of 1864. This is achievable.
5. The Union is still vulnerable in the Ohio Valley. If I can buy a few turns worth of time there, I can probably catch the computer making the aggressive error and make him pay for it. If I succeed in that, the Union will be forced to back Buell out of Memphis or lose a good portion of the Midwest.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 214
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 2:44:39 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 36 (Late April 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Price reports a successful seige. The city of St. Louis has joined the Confederacy. The last remnants of Union control are being removed from a state that has rightfully declared its intentions to join our cause.
2. Gen. Heth reports that he has engaged the enemy in Kenawha. Details to follow.
3. Gen. Weisiger has withdrawn his forces to Richmond where he is expected to rest and refit over the next several months. We can only hope that the spring rains slow the Union advance into the Fredericksburg area.
4. Gen. Jackson is reporting a continuing strengthening of forces in the Army of Tennessee. We have accordingly shifted our reinforcement priorities to Gen. Lee's and Gen. Weisiger's forces.
5. We have upgraded the arms of many of our regiments with standardized muskets.
6. ~10,500 new recruits have been dispersed to existing regiments throughout the South.
7. Disease struck our garrisons in Mobile and Montgomery. We estimate around 500 men died from the contained epidemic.
8. Our commanding generals are reporting widespread improvement in the efficiencies of their respective chains of command.
9. Our raiders in the Potomac River area have reported the destruction of many Union banks in the area. Our economists worry that the destruction of that many Federal notes may actually help improve the inflationary situation in the North.

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction of two banks in Baton Rouge and an Armory in Austin.
2. We began recruitment of raiders in Lexington and raiders in Norfolk.
3. We completed a raider in Richmond and an Armory in Mobile.

SecNav Report:
1. Our BR's have smuggled in 40 units of weapons off the shores of Delaware.

SecState Report:
1. European military support for the South has increased somewhat.
2. French diplomatic support for the North has increased. On a scale of 1-10 we rank their support of our enemies as a 7.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 215
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 6:42:52 AM   
newmanovci

As per your request in the first post in this AAR: Hi UG . I'm enjoying the AAR, keep up the good work!

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 216
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 3:11:26 PM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 217
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 3:15:40 PM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: End

Summary: Gen. Heth led his men in a valiant stand in the mountains but the incompetency of some of his divisional commanders and lack of qualified brigade commanders doomed his army in the close struggle. The fight could have gon either way, but a few lucky rallies by the Union ensured the defeat of our forces. Lost in the fight were three brigades captured in addition to the one sided casualties. Also lost were several brigades of weapons.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 218
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 3:16:54 PM   
Ugly Guy

Thanks Newmanovci! Its been a fun ride with this AAR.

(in reply to newmanovci)
Post #: 219
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 7:04:23 PM   
Ugly Guy

Early May 1863 Strategy

1. Losing 3 brigades in Kenawha was not in the plan. However, despite the casualties, Heth's Valley District forces aren't in that bad of shape. Since they retreated into Cincinnati, I will shuffle the better units from Lee's command to see if I can counterattack at the opportune time. The downside, is that with the loss of Kenawha, they can cut my trans-Confederate railroad.
2. Jackson continues to rebuild as does Weisiger. Buell seems stuck trying to loot Memphis, while not laying seige to Island #10. I can only think that it is a big somehow.
3. St. Louis has joined our cause with 10/14 MP still available in the province. I am contemplating draining it dry before the Union makes a concerted effort to counterattack.
4. Once Jackson's army is replenished, I should probably move forward and do an aggressive seige on Nashville. An all out assault would be costly, but it could cause havoc with the Union forces near Memphis.
5. I expect the Union to move into Fredericksburg this turn and start the capture of N. Virginia.
6. I ended up building one extra armory. Right now, my focus is to use spare resources on unit upgrades. I am consistently winning and losing battles with 2 to 1 casualty margins. Not in my favor. For fighting primarily a defensive campaign, that is not a good sign.
7. Overall, the strategy for the next four turns or so is mainly a wait and see approach.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 220
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/18/2011 7:29:20 PM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 37 (Early May 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Union forces were silent this turn. No movement was made into the Fredericksburg area which is most peculiar.
2. Our raiders in the Potomac River burned many local Yankee sympathizer owned businesses.
3. Our raiders in Franklin disrupted Union attempts to establish economic activity in the area.
4. ~10,500 recruits were distributed into 27 depleted brigades.
5. War Academies across the South have trained many C&C officers in bettering their command and logistic activities.
6. Gen. Trimble's wounds are causing his condition to deteriorate. He is now in Critical condition.

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction on a raider in St. Louis.
2. Our attempt to conscript recruits in St. Louis failed because of isolated pockets of Yankee-inspired unrest in that city.
3. Our raiders in Norfolk and Lexington have finished recruitment.

SecNav Report:
1. BR's have brought in 45 units of weapons in the past two weeks.

SecState Report:
1. British and French support for the Union have increased. We just cannot compete with the Yanquis gold.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 221
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/19/2011 6:08:29 AM   
Ugly Guy

Late May 1863 Strategy

1. Basically just keep upgrading units with new guns, new upgrades, and more men. Still a few turns away from being able to start advancing again.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 222
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/19/2011 6:35:45 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 38 (Late May 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. We have promoted Gen. J.G. Walker to 3-star general in command of the Valley District. Gen. Heth's request to transfer back to Jackson's command has been granted.
2. Our raiders in the Potomac have wrecked havoc on the local Yankee economy, however, they were pursued and dispersed by Union defenders in D.C.
3. Our raiders in Kenawha have seized 7 units of weapons from Union armories in the area.
4. 10,500 new conscripts have been placed into 27 existing brigades. We now estimate the need for 199,000 more troops to fill our existing armies to full strength.
5. Union forces have seized Island #10 in the Memphis area. This will open the way towards the city being seiged in the next couple of weeks.
6. Union forces have still not moved into Fredericksburg. If they stay out for a few more weeks, we may be able to reestablish our defensive position there.
7. General Jackson feels that his forces will be ready for combat in the near future.
8. Disease has struck our units in Cincinnati, further weakening Gen. Lee's army and delaying the scheduled offensive manuevers of Gen. Walker by at least two weeks.

SecInt Report:
1. We began construction of two banks in Columbus, GA.
2. Gov. Pettus is now requesting an extension to his existing telegraph wires. We approve this request.

SecNav Report:
1. Our blockade runners have smuggled in 40 units of weapons from up and down the Confederate coastline.

SecState Report:
1. Union support in Britain and Europe have increased. We estimate it to be an 8 on a 10 point scale.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 223
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/19/2011 6:38:53 AM   
Ugly Guy

As requested, a map of the U.S. as of May 1863.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 224
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/23/2011 2:09:03 AM   
WallysWorld

Thanks for the map screen shot, Ugly Guy. You're doing well.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 225
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/23/2011 4:23:14 PM   
Ugly Guy

I'm thinking if I could have just played a bit smarter a few times, I could have more offense right now in the Midwest. As it stands, I am just trading blows with the Union. Historically, I would screwed, as the casualties are heavy favoring the Union. However, I do have a stout defense, and I can wait them out successfully at this point.

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 226
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/24/2011 1:45:33 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early June 1863 Strategy

1. Resting, waiting, replenishing, and upgrading.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 227
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/24/2011 2:21:46 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 39 (Early June 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Union forces have captured Memphis after a brief but bloody seige. Our garrison managed to kill or wound more than 4,000 Yankees during the assault.
2. Union forces have moved into Fredericksburg, Appalachia, and Grafton.
3. Gen. Price moved his forces into position to seige Springfield, Ill.
4. Gen. Walker reports his troops are ready for offensive action. He is planning a series of lightning strikes throughout the Ohio Valley region designed to catch the Union off guard and deplete the three divisions that have established a tenuous control over the area.
5. ~10,800 new conscripts have been mustered into our glorious armies.
6. Raiders in Louisville have succeeded in destroying several Union supply depots through the region.
7. Raiders in Kenawha have failed to destroy Union supply depots there.
8. Raiders in the upper Mississippi have torn up several miles of rail track throughout the region.
9. Raiders in Annapolis have raided several Union armories and brought back 16 units of weapons for our soldiers.
10. The Creek have loaned us another brigade of fighting men. It will prove prudent to use them as a garrison in Little Rock now that memphis has fallen.
11. We regret to inform you that Gen. Trimble has passed away from his injuries.
12. Union forces withdrew before our forces in Cincinnati could engage them in combat.

SecInt Report:
1. Two mints have finished production in Shreveport.

SecNav Report:
1. No news at this time.

SecState Report:
1. British military support level has increased slightly.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 228
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 6:16:04 AM   
sirduke_slith

Great AAR UG! Can't wait to see you throw Buell out of Tennessee:)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 229
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 8:38:11 PM   
Ugly Guy

Late June 1863 Strategy

1. Most of my armies are still recouping, but I am going to start seiging Springfield, Ill. and move in to strike the Union in Kentucky. I'm hoping to be able to conduct a series of lightning strikes with Gen. Walker's Valley District troops to throw the union out of Kentucky and Virginia altogether.

(in reply to sirduke_slith)
Post #: 230
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 9:33:40 PM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 40 (late June 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Walker engaged the enemy on multiple fronts. Details to follow.
2. Our spies report that a Union division is moving west following a route that would have it engaging our seige forces in Springfield. Given the seige progress was not significant we recommend withdrawing the seige forces and trying to draw the Union into an engagement near St. Louis.
3. Raiders in Louisville have destroyed many sections of Union railroad.
4. Raiders in Annapolis ravished Union supply depots in that area.
5. Raiders in Kenawha were driven away by the Union division there.
6. Raiders in the Upper Mississippi have stolen 12 units of weapons from Union armories there.
7. ~8800 minimally trained recruits were disbursed into our armies as replacements. The fall of Memphis has deprived us of the use of the camps there which have dropped our replacement numbers considerably.
8. The Union has begun seiging Fredericksburg.
9. The Valley District has raised its command rating. The 2nd Div 3rd Corp ANV has raised its logistical rating.
10. Gen. Marshall has recovered from his wounds and is ready for duty.
11. However, reports indicate that Gen. Gordon's condition has worsened. He is now critical.

SecInt Report:
1. Started construction of a division container in Richmond and Jackson.
2. We have finished construction of division containers in Richmond and Jackson.
3. Gov. Pettus no longer requests brigades to be stationed in his state.
4. We have reestablished control over Appalachia.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners have smuggled in 45 units of weapons and 45 money in the past two weeks.

SecState Report:
1. French support for the Confederate cause has disappeared.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 231
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 9:34:46 PM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Kenawha: Start and Finish

Summary: Union forces scurried back to Wheeling when confronted by our superior forces.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 232
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 9:35:19 PM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Appalachia: Start

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 233
RE: Confederate AAR - 6/25/2011 9:37:04 PM   
Ugly Guy

Battle of Appalachia: End

Summary: Union forces once again fled when confronted by our troops. However, during pursuit, we were able to captured a Union brigade and its Springfield rifles. Casualties for the campaign were 2,824 Union and 255 Confederate.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 234
RE: Confederate AAR - 7/21/2011 3:59:49 AM   
Yo`Ho85984

All quite on the Eastern front

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 235
Victory? - 9/6/2011 9:16:03 PM   
bugwar

What happened to the war?

(in reply to Yo`Ho85984)
Post #: 236
RE: Victory? - 11/4/2011 5:28:00 PM   
Ugly Guy

All - Sorry for my apparent abandoning of this AAR. That was not my intent. I will be starting this backup next week, and try to shoot for a twice a week update schedule.

(in reply to bugwar)
Post #: 237
Game On! - 11/4/2011 6:47:43 PM   
bugwar

And there was much rejoicing!

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 238
RE: Game On! - 11/9/2011 2:48:17 AM   
Ugly Guy

Early July 1863 Strategy

1. Gen. Walker will proceed with the attack into West Virginia. While not as strategically important as say liberating Nashville, I believe that I can piecemeal crush the two Union armies there.
2. Gen. Lee will continue to rest in Cincinnati.
3. Gen. Jackson will continue to rebuild in Vicksburg.

(in reply to bugwar)
Post #: 239
RE: Game On! - 11/9/2011 3:17:06 AM   
Ugly Guy

Turn 41 (early July 1863):

SecWar Report:
1. Gen. Walker moved his Valley Corp into Kenawha. Details to follow.
2. Gen. Lee reported Federal troops moving past Cincinnati to Louisville.
3. Gen. Jackson reported large amounts of Federal troops amassing north of Vicksburg. It is unknown whether the intention is to move into Arkansas or strike south into Vicksburg.
4. ~9660 newly trained recruits were distributed into existing regiments. The general staff now estimates it will take ~170k more men to bring Confederate forces up to full strength.
5. Raiders in Louisville have raided Union weapons depots and liberated 18 units of weapons.
6. Raiders in Annapolis have procured 16 units of weapons for the cause.
7. Raiders in Cairo have collected donations of 8 units of firearms from the local populace.
8. We regret to inform you that Gen. Gordon has died from wounds sustained in combat. His sacrifice will be remembered.

SecInt Report:
1. We have begun construction of a camp and a mint in Columbus, GA.
2. We have begun construction of a corp container in Jackson. This will be for Gen. Jackson's army.
3. Gov. Letcher has requested an iron works for his state. We have prioritzed this request right below "Replace Gov. Letcher" on our list of things to do.

SecNav Report:
1. Blockade runners have brought in 45 units of weapons from Europe.

SecState Report:
1. French trade support has decreased again. Despite our victories on the battlefields our European "friends" continue to desert us for a more attractive friend. Union blood money.

(in reply to Ugly Guy)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Confederate AAR Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI