Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The secret is out!!!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The secret is out!!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The secret is out!!!!!!!! - 9/21/2002 10:38:11 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hi Guys

We have been promising everyone a surprise for sometime, well here it is. Matrix Games and Australian Design Group have been working in silence for some time and have now signed an agreement that gives Matrix Games the license to publish the computer version of Empires In Arms. This will be made official some time early next week but I was given the ok to let me bring you guys the news.

Napoleonic Wars will be known as "Empires In Arms, the Napoleonic Wars 1805 - 1815". We are very excited about being able to design one of the all time best strategic level Napoleonic games ever made. The design features we have already completed will all still be in the game. Each feature will have ability to turn off or on at the players choice. There will be many new options and features such as enhanced combat, privateers and enhanced naval rules to name a few. EIA old diehard fans do not worry because since all of these features can be turned on or off this will allow you to play the Classic EIA as well.

We also have Michael Treasure joining our team. Michael is best known for his work on his Empires in Harm mod for EIA. Michael's years of dedication and many years of experience will be a major plus. More details to follow and thank you for your patience and support.

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
- 9/21/2002 11:25:54 PM   
Repo Man

This keeps getting better and better!

Michael Treasure joining Matrix is awesome. His house rules do to EiA what EiA originally did to WAP. I haven't been this excited about a new game since I first discovered EiA back in 1984 or so.

I might add that I played a small role with EiH. When Michael lost his webhost, I was able to arrange a new host for empiresinharm.com at a great price. Unfortunatly, that company was sold recently, and EiH is now looking for a new home.

So I assume many of the new features will borrow heavily from EiH? I shall refrain from asking too many questions until the official news is released.

I was going to post this most wonderful news to the EiH Yahoo group, but I defer that privilege to Michael. I will however, post this to another gaming group.

Repo Man

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
- 9/22/2002 12:03:12 AM   
pasternakski

This is, indeed, great news.

I hope that everyone reads Uncle Toby's excellent advice on the "I've died and went [sic] to heaven" thread, however.

While EiA is an excellent board game, it does have its shortcomings, and seems to me not completely well suited for direct translation into a computer game.

To what degree does this void the design work that has gone into the game so far, and (here it comes) how much will this delay the projected release date?

In any event, as Steve Martin once said when playing Yorgy (or was he Georgy?) the Wild and Crazy Czech, "Hosed!?! Count me in!!!"

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 3
Good news! - 9/22/2002 1:48:13 AM   
Le Tondu

I'm glad to see that the guy who did Empire in Harm is part of the picture. I hope it is a BIG part. :)

It's good that things are moving along. I can't wait for more info!

Will it be released in 2002? 2003?

Thanks
Rick

Vive l'Empereur!

Post #: 4
Screen shots - 9/22/2002 5:21:39 AM   
ABP

I am very exited of the new direction this game is taking.
I had a look at the new screen shots and think they look very, very good. Keep it up guys!
I hope the new features you are putting in will not delay the game too much.
Congratulations on the deal with ADG which certainly will give you a good "brand name" for the game.:)

Post #: 5
- 9/22/2002 6:58:57 AM   
sol_invictus

OMG, I now have a reason to continue to live. I have waited for a strategic Napoleonic computer game for years and this is the answer to my and other Napoleoniacs dreams. Matrix and Battlefront are singlehandedly carrying the torch of computer wargaming, god bless us everyone. Thank you, thank you.

Post #: 6
- 9/22/2002 7:17:51 AM   
warlon

Hopefully they will concentrate on making a good AI and good
networking. Also a PBEM multiplayer and play directly thing would be
good....

Hopefully they will spend more time on this than extra features....

I would much rather like to have good network coding and AI than extra features. Of course extra features is nice, but the game is nice as it is. So good AI and network code is IMO top priority.

Post #: 7
- 9/22/2002 9:21:55 AM   
Marc von Martial

Well Marshall,

now that it is "official" let me say something that you as a Texan understand:

[B]YEHAAAAAA !!![/B]

Post #: 8
- 9/22/2002 3:34:20 PM   
U2

Fantastic news!!!:) Take your time and make it a classic just like the original game.

Dan

Post #: 9
- 9/22/2002 7:24:28 PM   
Chopain

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I can't wait! This game will complete me.:)

I've been telling everyone about it.

Post #: 10
- 9/22/2002 11:20:00 PM   
eg0master

I can just agree withe everyone here...
Now I have a problem; sjould I wish for a delayed release so the EiA game we are about to start will get somewhere before this computer version is released or should I wish for a release soon... :D

Post #: 11
- 9/23/2002 9:50:00 PM   
jnier

Great to hear! I'm more than willing to wait the extra six months.

Post #: 12
Great!!! - 9/24/2002 12:12:52 AM   
mbatch729

This is fantastic news. Put me down on the pre-order list now!!! Time to dust off the [I]Campaigns of Napoleon[/I] tome to study up. I wouldn't be able to wait, except for UV. Oh uh, a problem. Both WITP and this game will be released next year. I'm gonna lose my job, my wife, and my kids.

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

Post #: 13
Oh Yeah - 9/24/2002 2:03:15 AM   
denisonh

Got to pipe up as another Napoleonic period fanatic who is absolutely drooling about the prospect of a computer based EIA.

Way to go Matrix!

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

Post #: 14
What this means... - 9/24/2002 6:57:47 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Hello all:

Needless to say we are all excited about the news but I wanted to share a few answers to a few questions...

1. What are some of the enhancements?

We are going to have a version for the Classic EIA game as well as multiple options such as enhanced combat which allows more tactical control during combat. Future scenario possibilities are absolutley endless...

2. What are some of the differences from the board game?

Movement will be a little different. We are going to make all movement simultaneous. That is, all movement will be plotted then the program will step through all of the unit moves (Stopping of course when enemies collide). This should also work better for PBEM / IP systems.

3. How will this impact the scheduled release?

We at Matrix do not see this as a major impact on our schedule. We have been planning this behind the scenes for some time and have been coding accordingly. There are some things that will take a little time but we all agreed that it is worth it! We see a possible target date for release spring/summer of 2003!

Thank you all again and stay tuned...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 15
- 9/24/2002 9:28:54 AM   
Sabre21

You bunch of sneaks:D

Post #: 16
Sounds Good Marshall - 9/24/2002 12:20:05 PM   
denisonh

Time taken upfront is time well spent.

I have no problem waiting if the time taken produces that much better of a product.

Just keep throwing us some bones now and then.:)

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

Post #: 17
Yeah Baby!!! - 9/24/2002 1:04:19 PM   
von Murrin

I stop by and check, and what do I find?

[QUOTE][B]YEHAAAAAA !!![/B][/QUOTE]
Took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Does this mean we may eventually see an ACW game? :p

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The secret is out!!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI