Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ATG: Wishlist thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> ATG: Wishlist thread Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/13/2011 7:57:47 PM   
DasTactic

I've only just got the game yesterday and while I am loving the improvements there are a few things that are bugging me so I thought I would start the obligatory 'wishlist' thread. :)

1. Sound sliders for both effects and music.
In the game they are either on or off. I often play games when my family is still asleep and those new turn drums are not going to make me popular.

2. Remember Random Game settings.
Once I find my 'sweet-spot' I won't be wanting to change much. The game remembers the settings if you start a new game from within the same session but it doesn't rememeber the settings if you quit and restart. Of course there may need to be a 'Default' button added as well to reset back to basic.

3. Hide map flash during turns
The map flashes on and off between AI turns. I don't think it serves any purpose and can get quite annoying.
EDIT: As pointed out below, this shows the AI having its turn and can be turned off in settings.

4. Crates are too easy to exploit
The crates remain random until they are activated which means for players with zero will-power [puts hand up] a quick reload and I'll eventually get a research lab or similar. Would be much better if the crates were designated when they are placed. It could still be exploited by not activating it but at least it couldn't be cycled from something bad to something good.

< Message edited by Das123 -- 4/14/2011 6:23:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/13/2011 8:27:26 PM   
HappyHedonist

May I request the ability to control the zoom level with the mouse wheel?

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 2
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/13/2011 9:18:57 PM   
Tac2i

I really like recommendations 1 and 2. Re 3: the map flashing I'm not certain what you mean. If you are talking about watching the AI take its turn, you can turn that off in the Random Game Setup process. If you mean the map  briefly disappears and then reappears as each AI takes it turn, ok that would be nice I suppose. Re 4: Don't like crates and don't use them but your suggestion is a good one.

Map zoom with mouse wheel: Excellent idea.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to HappyHedonist)
Post #: 3
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/13/2011 10:30:26 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happy Hedonist

May I request the ability to control the zoom level with the mouse wheel?

We asked for this for the original AT and also for Decisive Campaigns. Heck, we also brought that up earlier here in this forum. It would be nice.

(in reply to HappyHedonist)
Post #: 4
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/13/2011 11:06:05 PM   
Josh

+1 mouse zoom, I think that's standard since Logitech invented this wheelthingie... ten years ago or so.  No biggie for me though.

And,

A quick save button.  I tend to save a lot. Hint; "q" for quick save  or "f5"

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/14/2011 9:17:57 AM   
Vic

Always happy with all feedback.
I will start working on the first patch very soon anyway. As I always do with all releases. There is so much stuff that aint spotted in beta test. Especially with a sprawling engine like ATG.

I will make this thread sticky to keep everything together from the start.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/14/2011 2:23:06 PM   
Tac2i

+1 Quick Save feature. In addition, a sequential save feature, i.e. 0414110921 (date time). I often want to save every turn and would like to see that automated.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/14/2011 6:49:16 PM   
hadberz

If we could disable the End Turn popup box, that would be great. I just want the turn to end and it would save my poor finger some pain, clicking hurts after a while. 

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 8
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/14/2011 9:53:15 PM   
henri51

I would like to see a version of WaW that has oil and stuff, and that is playable against the AI (yes, the old versions of WaW are playable with the new AI and GUI -I am playing one right now).

It wold ne nice too to have ATG versions (playable against the AI) of WW2 scenarios available in other games like Crete, Korsun Pocket, Kharkov, and so on.

And oh yes, an ATG version of Operation Crusader!

Personally I am not very fond of games where one has to break through three rows of enemy units like some Barbarossa scenarios in other games (I get brainlock with games like TOAWIII). The advantage of AT vs other games is the relatively low count of units and its good implementation of logistics and maneuver. I DO have games like WiTE, WiTP, all versions of HoI3, and so on, but I think good implementations of AT beats them all.

Henri

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 9
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/14/2011 10:41:19 PM   
htuna

+1 to Mouse Wheel Zoom..

Also have the option to use the old AT unit pictures... I like my German tanks/planes to look German.. and my Soviet tanks/planes to look soviet.. hate the new tank drawings.. even Decisive Campaigns was much better in that respect..

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 10
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 7:58:38 AM   
kondor

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmurphy625

+1 to Mouse Wheel Zoom..

Also have the option to use the old AT unit pictures... I like my German tanks/planes to look German.. and my Soviet tanks/planes to look soviet.. hate the new tank drawings.. even Decisive Campaigns was much better in that respect..

+1 for the old AT pictures, as cmurphy625 said, I to like a more realistic look to the units...

(in reply to htuna)
Post #: 11
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 8:57:03 AM   
SSFSX17

Interface:
- When building roads, the spacebar key seems to cancel, or otherwise be bugged, instead of confirming the road building. This is especially-jarring as it worked correctly in AT:WW2.

Research:
- Medium Tank still doesn't have a research level, whereas higher levels of Medium Tank do have research levels. Not very significant, since I've already fixed this in my own mod (again).

ItemTypes:
- IsSupply and IsPolPt seem to be overruling UseSFTypeGraphic, which means that supply and political point graphics still can't be modded cleanly.
- The ItemType for Ranger IV does not work properly. Not an essential feature, since I've already fixed this in my own mod.

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 12
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 9:14:26 AM   
Josh

Interface:
- When building roads, the spacebar key seems to cancel, or otherwise be bugged, instead of confirming the road building. This is especially-jarring as it worked correctly in AT:WW2.

+1

Dunno why that has changed/forgotten? Spacebar used to be an "execute" build railroad order, and now it cancels the order...

(in reply to SSFSX17)
Post #: 13
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 3:39:11 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Interface:

+1

Dunno why that has changed/forgotten? Spacebar used to be an "execute" build railroad order, and now it cancels the order...

Yes this is on the list for the first patch. Its a glitch that crept through the beta test.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 14
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 3:41:23 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: SSFSX17

Interface:

Research:
- Medium Tank still doesn't have a research level, whereas higher levels of Medium Tank do have research levels. Not very significant, since I've already fixed this in my own mod (again).

ItemTypes:
- IsSupply and IsPolPt seem to be overruling UseSFTypeGraphic, which means that supply and political point graphics still can't be modded cleanly.
- The ItemType for Ranger IV does not work properly. Not an essential feature, since I've already fixed this in my own mod.

thanks for reporting! will be checking this out. and adding what i can to the first patch.

best,
Vic

(in reply to SSFSX17)
Post #: 15
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 3:42:06 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

If we could disable the End Turn popup box, that would be great. I just want the turn to end and it would save my poor finger some pain, clicking hurts after a while. 

try enter or space?

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 16
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/15/2011 9:14:26 PM   
LarryP

1) In the Production Overview menu it would be nice to click a city from the cities production list, then Close Production Overview, then see the city centered on the map. I have wanted this feature for a while as I like to see where the cities are in relation to one another when making decisions for production lines.

2) More sounds, like mouse clicks at least. This is almost a soundless game except for the combats. Music is probably too much to ask for, and many gamers will just reply that they prefer their own music.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by LarryP -- 4/15/2011 9:47:10 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 17
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 12:47:07 AM   
DakaSha

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2784298

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 18
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 10:30:08 AM   
Josh

I agree with Larry here on the music, at some point at least *some* music will have to be implemented in the game... in a future version/patch.
I always play with music on, although the volume is set at about zero :-)
(and no, I don't like importing my own music)

(in reply to DakaSha)
Post #: 19
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 1:20:39 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

1) In the Production Overview menu it would be nice to click a city from the cities production list, then Close Production Overview, then see the city centered on the map. I have wanted this feature for a while as I like to see where the cities are in relation to one another when making decisions for production lines.

2) More sounds, like mouse clicks at least. This is almost a soundless game except for the combats. Music is probably too much to ask for, and many gamers will just reply that they prefer their own music.

putting point 1 on the to do list.

excellent suggestion

best,
vic

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 20
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 5:54:17 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I totally agree with Larry's suggestion 2. Mouse clicks are needed bad. For example,when 'clicking' stacks, the unit display doesn't refresh briefly nor does it make a clicking sound so there is virtually no way to tell when you are cycling through similar units.

That and +7 for the map zoom.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 4/16/2011 6:23:14 PM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 21
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 6:33:35 PM   
SSFSX17

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel
I totally agree with Larry's suggestion 2. Mouse clicks are needed bad. For example,when 'clicking' stacks, the unit display doesn't refresh briefly nor does it make a clicking sound so there is virtually no way to tell when you are cycling through similar units.

I think the real problem might be that it is difficult to tell which unit is highlighted/selected within a hex. This also applies to choosing which air units to participate in an airstrike, which units participate in an attack, etc. There was much more clear highlighting/outline boxing in the original AT.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 22
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 7:14:44 PM   
SailingGuy

On the top of the Production Overview it would be nice to have a Supply Summary similar to the summary for PP, RAW, and OIL.

On a units LOG screen it would be nice to see predicted fuel costs for movement/combat.

Thanks. Great, great game.

Phil
aka SailingGuy

To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 23
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 7:58:56 PM   
SailingGuy

Another idea:
A button just below the map that allows you to go DIRECTLY to the Production Overview without having to cycle through finding a production city, clicking the factory icon, and then clicking the Production Overview button.

Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley

(in reply to SailingGuy)
Post #: 24
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/16/2011 10:03:38 PM   
SailingGuy

At the top of the screen you have...

OIL
WHITE = Current Amount
YELLOW/RED = Projected Usage in Production
GREEN = Projected New Production

Is OIL ever used in Production? If not, why not have...
YELLOW = Oil used this Round

Also...
"Useage" should be spelled "Usage" and
"Ammount" should be spelled "Amount".

Phil
aka SailingGuy

~Aldous Huxley

(in reply to SailingGuy)
Post #: 25
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/17/2011 12:00:22 AM   
SSFSX17

quote:

ORIGINAL: SailingGuy

At the top of the screen you have...

OIL
WHITE = Current Amount
YELLOW/RED = Projected Usage in Production
GREEN = Projected New Production

Is OIL ever used in Production? If not, why not have...
YELLOW = Oil used this Round

It is possible for some types of production to use oil. In the standard game & scenarios, nothing does this, but it can be made so by a modder.

(in reply to SailingGuy)
Post #: 26
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/17/2011 6:15:10 AM   
gunnergoz

1. I'd like to see the ATG random game setup allow me to pick my "people" or regime, whatever you call it.  Also the opposing forces' regimes.

2. It would be sweet if the map icons for different level resources were different, so one could see at a glance which resource hexes needed to be upgraded.

3. NATO counters option should be built in (I know, I know...)

4. Something like generals from Civilization...characters with special leadership abilities that could be attached to armies and add skills/abilities/extra morale, etc.  Perhaps a "war college" that could be built in a city to create such generals and when upgraded, make even better ones. 

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to SSFSX17)
Post #: 27
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/17/2011 7:04:10 AM   
RoryAndersonCDT

I love this game.

But one improvment I'd like to see
is the mouse wheel being used more often
in the lists.

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 28
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/17/2011 2:57:59 PM   
Sweed

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

1. I'd like to see the ATG random game setup allow me to pick my "people" or regime, whatever you call it.  Also the opposing forces' regimes.

Came in here to post this suggestion. Guess I'll just second it.

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 29
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 4/17/2011 4:10:48 PM   
Stardog

Vic,

Love the game!! I'm Addicted!!!, the Wife hates it!. LOL
Is it possible in Random Game Generator to put in a sci-fi / space battle option in world type?

Keep up the great work!!!

SD

< Message edited by Stardog -- 4/17/2011 4:13:20 PM >

Diplomacy without arms is like music without instruments.

Frederick the Great

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> ATG: Wishlist thread Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI