Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ATG: Wishlist thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/9/2013 7:01:07 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I sure would like to see Uboats get Exp from intercepting supply.

Agree, but also planes or other units that intercept supplies. These invisible "caravans" are a essential to win a game.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 1/9/2013 7:20:51 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 211
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/9/2013 9:23:53 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

quote:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I sure would like to see Uboats get Exp from intercepting supply.

Agree, but also planes or other units that intercept supplies. These invisible "caravans" are a essential to win a game.

Okay agreed; intercepting supplies = gaining Experience.

Ofcourse planes have the benefit that they can gather Exp pretty fast by searching for soft targets, a few runs over Inf units without cover and they have 10 Exp points extra already. No such luck for our poor Paras or Subs, they're green until they meet the enemy on the battlefield... Ooops.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 212
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/10/2013 10:25:11 PM   
Jafele

Art range for battleships is 2 hexes, however they can only shoot at 1 hex distance in sea combats . In coastal bombardments their range is increased by 1. Using the same hex scale this rule is not very coherent. I wish battleships could use their powerful guns to shoot enemy vessels at 2 hexes distance.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 213
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/10/2013 10:33:52 PM   
ernieschwitz

I would like the ability to make something other than supplies required as upkeep by each unit.

For instance, cash.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 214
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/11/2013 2:47:42 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I would like the ability to make something other than supplies required as upkeep by each unit.

For instance, cash.

'
Well you can see "supplies" as "cash", so supplies is not only beans and bullets but also lubricants, ballbearings, clothing, rubber and cash. Or are you talking about the introduction of a whole new concept here; economics? a la HOI style?

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 215
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/11/2013 4:11:30 PM   
Twotribes

He wants more. People are never satisfied, they want to make good games more to their liking. Which usually ends up destroying what was good about the game.

Now that I rained on his parade let me make MY ( of course my suggestions don't ruin anything ( LOL) suggestion.

I want MG, Mortar, Bazooka , Inf Guns, AT guns and Flak that is air drop-able. These things existed and it would increase the power and utility of paras. Like Paras they could just have one level of tech to limit increasing power to much.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 216
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/11/2013 5:17:45 PM   
ernieschwitz

Twotribes suggestions are simple to do. Just click the relevant box in the editor, that says paradropable. (or something akin to that)...

Mine are suggestions for adding new layers to the game, that cannot be done with the editor. (of course i could use regimeslots and just give base morale penalties for not having enough money...)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 217
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/11/2013 9:27:41 PM   
Strategiusz

Sometimes I wish for option to save some amount of AP after attack XD. But I didn't think how this would change the game balance.

Post #: 218
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/12/2013 4:54:20 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

He wants more. People are never satisfied, they want to make good games more to their liking. Which usually ends up destroying what was good about the game.

Now that I rained on his parade let me make MY ( of course my suggestions don't ruin anything ( LOL) suggestion.

I want MG, Mortar, Bazooka , Inf Guns, AT guns and Flak that is air drop-able. These things existed and it would increase the power and utility of paras. Like Paras they could just have one level of tech to limit increasing power to much.

Amen to that, give them hardfighting paras some more punching power! As it is now if you drop them in the wrong place they're doomed.

Ernie's suggestion about adding new layers is not something bad per se, after all games do evolve... sometimes indeed destroying a good game, or as my neighbours the Germans like to name it; "verschlimmbesserung" I love that word, great for Wordfeud hehe.
AT is predominantly a wargame, and not a socio-political simulation, so when and if a economic layer would be introduced it would have to be very rudimentary. As it is now your Strategic Bombers bomb the whole political-economic structure of a regime when they bomb a city, that role would be greathly enhanced then. Haven't got a clue as to *how* Vic would encomplish that. How much more complicated would we want AT to become? Without it becoming way to slow to play and enjoy? Without becoming a clickfest?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 219
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/12/2013 5:27:54 PM   
danlongman

Parachute units were fragile and initially won by surprise. Real airborne units came later
and in my opinion should be somewhere up the tech tree. Anyway I have not made my bucket list
so I had better come up with it so I can spoil the game. I loved the Bombur Mod that could be
a random start in 1900 before trucks and airplanes. An optional complex economy with food, farms
workers, lumber etc and investment tech instead of purchase tech would make me never leave the
house. Like my own pair of boobs.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 220
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/12/2013 6:48:53 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

quote:

Ernie's suggestion about adding new layers is not something bad per se, after all games do evolve... sometimes indeed destroying a good game, or as my neighbours the Germans like to name it; "verschlimmbesserung" I love that word, great for Wordfeud hehe.
AT is predominantly a wargame, and not a socio-political simulation, so when and if a economic layer would be introduced it would have to be very rudimentary. As it is now your Strategic Bombers bomb the whole political-economic structure of a regime when they bomb a city, that role would be greathly enhanced then. Haven't got a clue as to *how* Vic would encomplish that. How much more complicated would we want AT to become? Without it becoming way to slow to play and enjoy? Without becoming a clickfest?

First of all, i want more, we all want more, but that being said, i am not greedy. I would want it as an editor option, not neccesarily something that is implemented in the current stock games. It is like hardcore production, that too is an option, not implemented in stock games, but can be switched on.

And of course i don´t want to ruin the game. Shame on you for suggesting it.

Another thing i would like is that it was possible to assign regimevars as part of upgrade costs. In some scenarios it costs ore to make a unit, to upgrade that unit to another one should require ore as well. Not just supplies.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 221
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/14/2013 9:55:54 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok

Everyone can make HP mod or any mod for themself from any mod.
In the main menu click Load Scenario, pick anewdawn.at2, click edit, change the rule (settng -> rulevars -> movement types and ranges -> 312 from 0 to 1). Click Main, click Start. Yeah, you should see a strange map now XD. Click the "computer button" and SAVE, but save in the atgoldscenarios directory and name the file for example aNewDawnHadcore. Now if you want to play New Down with HP just make new random game and replace generic.at2 or anewdown.at2 or whatever masterfile with your new aNewDawnHardcore.at2 file.

WoW, now it´s possible to purchase officers playing with hardcore production: Just make the mod using the resource mod with NATO counters. However the text under the supreme commander is missing

< Message edited by Jafele -- 1/14/2013 10:52:48 PM >

(in reply to Strategiusz)
Post #: 222
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/18/2013 2:32:55 PM   
Tac2i

I'd like to mention again this idea: an addition that would allow you to choose the regimes you want for your random game. In my case I'm thinking of a use case as follows: a 3vs3 game with only two regimes (for example, Side A is anglosaxon and Side B is german). In this game one player on each side would be the Commander in Chief (CiC). The CiC would control all production, the navy and strategic bombers and give direction to the other players of his team. The CiC would not have any armies except maybe garrison troops. If one of his team was on holiday, the CiC could take his place temporarily.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 223
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/18/2013 2:49:14 PM   
Jafele

If during a multiplayer game (example 3v3) a player is missing (disappears without surrender) I would like to have an option to let the AI control his army. Many games have been ruined because a player took some "holidays" and it´s difficult to find another one to continue the game. So be careful with your human allies, the AI is not a good friend in times of war

< Message edited by Jafele -- 1/18/2013 2:52:18 PM >

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 224
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/18/2013 9:37:25 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I'd like to mention again this idea: an addition that would allow you to choose the regimes you want for your random game. In my case I'm thinking of a use case as follows: a 3vs3 game with only two regimes (for example, Side A is anglosaxon and Side B is german). In this game one player on each side would be the Commander in Chief (CiC). The CiC would control all production, the navy and strategic bombers and give direction to the other players of his team. The CiC would not have any armies except maybe garrison troops. If one of his team was on holiday, the CiC could take his place temporarily.

I prefer to play the Germans, so I support this desire.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 225
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 1/28/2013 7:03:35 AM   
towerbooks3192

quote:

quote:

Amen to that, give them hardfighting paras some more punching power! As it is now if you drop them in the wrong place they're doomed.

Agree with the droppable MG/mortar/bazooka but not the inf guns/arty/flak. Also it would be nice if there are special forces units that could do sabotage or ambush or even set traps? It would be great if lets say something like the veteran units turns into special forces is implemented to have special abilities like let's say only the Paratroopers that are experienced and would become something like Fallschirmjagers could have droppable mortar/MG/bazooka or something like that

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 226
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 2/1/2013 12:42:52 PM   
cbardswell

Ok - solution - engineers can be air dropped - build an airfield, fly in the guns. a la Dien Bien Phu, Crete (OK they had to capture an airfield but the point stands).

As engineers have no combat ability to speak of, it doesn't change the role of paras.

What have I missed...?

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 227
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 2/1/2013 11:55:13 PM   
SMK-at-work

Long thread an I haven't read it all, so apologies if this has been said alread...

I'd like to see pre-defined unit composition - so a "Panzer Division" will always get 2 tanks, 5 infantry 1 mortar, 1 artillery, 2 trucks..or whatever. Needs to be definable by the scenario designer, and also possibly by the player who might want to invent new unit types depending on how the game goes.

Also needs the ability to change that - so you can have a 1941 Panzer Division and a 1943 Panzer division organisation - and possibly old units retaining the previous OOB.

And lastly you might be able to buy a "Panzer Division" as a block - ie all he components at a single button press, as it were.

(in reply to cbardswell)
Post #: 228
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 2/2/2013 1:34:59 PM   
Strategiusz

Documentary movie about military ww2 gliders, with subtitles (but I think they are very mishearded).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiPVLLxi0U
Maybe this is an answer for air droppable heavier units.

< Message edited by Madlok -- 2/2/2013 1:42:05 PM >

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 229
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 2/20/2013 8:00:24 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

I'd like to see a "training" facility for Paratroops. They are usually highly trained highly motivated men... but in the game you can only send them into battle with a green status of 40 Exp. points.  Maybe let Engineers build a .. school of some sorts(?) where you can then train these troops, maybe you make them automatically get 5 Exp points per turn, or maybe you have to pay for it via PP's...

I wondered about that too and not just for Paras.

As you say the engineers would create a (LocType?) "Training facility" where (SFT) "Recruits" could be turned into (SFT) "Green troops" or "Green parachute-capable troops" or "Trained but inexperienced alpine troops" or whatever. Presumably there would have to be costs in money and time. Some recruits would learn faster than others and some would be incapable of what was hoped for them.

... and I am pretty sure that this is all already in the editor, if we only knew where to look.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 230
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/16/2013 4:30:16 PM   
nicodede62

Hello,

here are some suggestions I would like to point out:

- Allow players to pick a faction.
it's a real pain to generate a game if one wants to play a given faction, even more while playing a mod with specific side units.

- No more overlapping movement sounds.
As exemplified in Dan's video below, at 00:12:20, when one is moving several units around, the sounds are overlapping and it can become quite unpleasant to hear. I would suggest to only have one sound played at a time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0xFLPEyM8&list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmMnB8uVoHFQOi4Zn3iu2ExF

- Make prevention to be applied only on the unit carried by the covering unit and not applied randomly in the hex.
It would give the players more control on his armored carriers and on which units actually are protected.

- Give the possibility at transport to load a unit, just as do the cargo ships.

- Choose how much AP are spent during an attack (assault or artillery fire).
It would give some more flexibility to the player's maneuvers.

I feel that all this would make ATG even more enjoyable.

Thanks for your attention,

< Message edited by nicodede62 -- 3/16/2013 4:40:23 PM >

- Pour l'Empereur -

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 231
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/16/2013 5:35:52 PM   
ernieschwitz

Request for function change.

I wish that ExecJoinArea be changed when choosing option -2, so that the units that are in the kept hex, HQ units in particular, remain in contact with the Location types that are producing for them.

Incidently i think that there is an error in the description (or exec). The manual states that the units are kept by the orignal owner, and they are in fact, given to the new owner. I like it the way it is, and I am using it currently in a mod to create some fantastic events, that are memory saving... So i would hate to see if this was corrected.

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 3/16/2013 6:33:48 PM >

(in reply to nicodede62)
Post #: 232
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/17/2013 9:42:20 PM   
Strategiusz

I want displayed kills and losses in PP and RAW

Post #: 233
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/18/2013 4:36:14 PM   
phatkarp

I think it is pretty well-documented that research is too expensive in most MP games, and that very few research options are ever pursued. I think the problem is with PP's. They are too necessary in other areas to spend on research. It is a sign of a broken/flawed design system when a deep and very interesting feature is almost completely ignored, and that is what is happening here.

I think the answer is to have a separate pool of research points dedicated solely to research. Ideally these would accumulate passively (X RP's per turn), and not be something that must be produced by cities. In fact, I would not make it something that *could* be built by cities, and I would not allow PPs to be spent on research. Maybe you could bolster your RPs by having your engineers build a Research Factory, but that would be it. The result would be another strategic dimension for players to consider, prioritizing and choosing certain tech spending over others.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 234
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/18/2013 4:46:57 PM   
kombrig

quote:

I think the answer is to have a separate pool of research points dedicated solely to research.

Good idea! Maybe the amount of RPs per turn could be tied with the number of resources or cities a player has? The more powerful your economy, the more research points available.

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 235
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/18/2013 5:17:18 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: phatkarp

I think it is pretty well-documented that research is too expensive in most MP games, and that very few research options are ever pursued. I think the problem is with PP's. They are too necessary in other areas to spend on research. It is a sign of a broken/flawed design system when a deep and very interesting feature is almost completely ignored, and that is what is happening here.

I think the answer is to have a separate pool of research points dedicated solely to research. Ideally these would accumulate passively (X RP's per turn), and not be something that must be produced by cities. In fact, I would not make it something that *could* be built by cities, and I would not allow PPs to be spent on research. Maybe you could bolster your RPs by having your engineers build a Research Factory, but that would be it. The result would be another strategic dimension for players to consider, prioritizing and choosing certain tech spending over others.

This is something that can be done with the editor at present. In fact it has already been done kind of in Twebers WaW for ATG.

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 236
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/18/2013 9:35:45 PM   
phatkarp

Alas, I don't know how to use the editor.

Post #: 237
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/18/2013 11:25:09 PM   
Meanfcker

quote:

I would buy right into this idea.
+1

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 238
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/19/2013 12:59:12 AM   
ernieschwitz

It is really not hard to make. No event modding.

All you have to do is set research as regimevars (1 for each research type you want), then you make an item that produces these regimevar when produced. (1 item for each research type you want), then you make an item group that you put these special research items in. You then make a research lab (Tweber has made these, and the graphics is there), that can only produce this item type. And finally you place one of each in each regime.

Real easy actually :)

(in reply to Meanfcker)
Post #: 239
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 3/19/2013 1:00:30 AM   
ernieschwitz

Of course if you want to do it in a random map, it might take some event coding...

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI