Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Russian economics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Russian economics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Russian economics - 4/30/2011 2:15:52 PM   
hfarrish

Exactly right - and if you combine that with the current mechanics of using panzers to counterattack (by which you will take an unacceptable loss ratio attacking anything but tank corps), there is zero chance of holding a line late war longer than a few weeks.

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 31
RE: Russian economics - 5/4/2011 1:44:41 PM   
Pillar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Klydon

The issue in your argument is you assume the Russians need to break through someplace and try to pocket Axis forces. The Russians get a pile of artillery together and get a nasty concentration of power in infantry corps, they can simply roll up to the line and drop the hammer. The Germans may kill 8-10K of Russians in that attack (maybe 10% tops of the Russian force), but in turn will absolutely get blasted for 4-5k in casualties and most of their artillery destroyed. That sounds like heavy losses to the Russians, except you just killed off roughly 1/2 a German infantry division in that attack. Do it say 6 times in a turn and you are killing a corps of German infantry a turn and they can't take those types of losses. 

Holy smokes, okay now I understand!

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Russian economics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI