Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Testing request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Testing request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Testing request - 4/20/2011 4:42:23 PM   
Sabre21

With 1.04's release imminent, there are some things you guys can do to help us monitor game balance. As you all know, modifications have been made to the first blizzard as well as many rule changes such as how refit work and an increase in armament points.

Those of you that will be restarting a new 1941 Campaign, whether it be you against the Ai (either side), or in a pbem can post certain screenshots in an AAR that will allow Joel and Pavel to monitor game balance.

You don't need to do this every turn, but the more often the better so we can see trends if they develop. It also helps if you have the autosave feature on so if need be, we can request a particular savegame if something does pop-up. I know server play turns off autosave, but you already know we can pull a turn off the server.

The screenshots that will help would be the Production, Losses, and OOB screens. To get a screenshot, all you need to do is press the "PrtScrn" button on your keyboard then open MSPaint (if you have it) and click on "Paste". That will load the screenshot into the paint program. You can crop it down, add pink arrows (or any other color), and save it as a jpeg file.

Here are some examples from my last 1.04 game. The first screenshot is a combo of the ground and air losses and the OOB all pasted together then saved as a single file. You don't need to go this far, but it does consolidate info:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Testing request - 4/20/2011 4:43:10 PM   
Sabre21

Another useful scrrenshot is the production page that shows the manpower and armament poosl:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 2
RE: Testing request - 4/20/2011 4:45:02 PM   
Sabre21

Every now and then it might be good to show the unit TO&E from the Commander's Report (CR):

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 3
RE: Testing request - 4/20/2011 4:50:39 PM   
Sabre21

Again you don't need to do it every turn but periodically would help. I know many of you like to do AAR's so adding in these ss is appreciated. The one's you see above were taken on T38 using 1.04 but before the increase in armament points.

Just for fun I added in the entire front mapshot that shows where the frontline started at as of T25 (redline) and how far the Soviets managed to get during the blizzard as of T38. I averaged between 35 and 40 attacks per turn as the Soviets. Again, take into account this was before a 50% increase in armament points, so I expect there to be more attacks and more ground lost, how much more though depends on how effective the German defense is.

That's why it will help if some of you post these extra screenshots.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 4
RE: Testing request - 4/20/2011 4:58:12 PM   
76mm

Sabre, any chance that at some point those of us playing server games will be able to autosave "dead" files to our local hard drives? By dead, I mean files that can't be loaded back onto the server? This feature would be incredibly useful for this and many other purposes....

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 5
RE: Testing request - 4/20/2011 5:01:39 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Sabre, any chance that at some point those of us playing server games will be able to autosave "dead" files to our local hard drives? By dead, I mean files that can't be loaded back onto the server? This feature would be incredibly useful for this and many other purposes....

That would be an interesting feature. We can make this a suggestion and pass it on to Pip at Slitherine.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: Testing request - 4/27/2011 9:03:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabre21
quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

That would be an interesting feature. We can make this a suggestion and pass it on to Pip at Slitherine.

Um.....until we get that feature we do have a sortof workaround. If a person is playing a game off the server it's possible to do a "save" of the current state of the game on the server which the developer could then pull off the server, tell the player he successfully got the game off the server, at which point the player could then continue on with the game. But yes, there does need to be a feature where a person can "save-as" a file to a person's hard disk just for situations like this.

I'm doing the best I can to provide the data you developers / testers need to gauge the state of the game. Thanks for your efforts.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 7
RE: Testing request - 5/14/2011 9:34:04 PM   
2ndACR

I have the turn 37 save of a 1.03 game upgraded to 1.04 prior to blizzard if you want it. I can also provide any previous save file you want of any turn during the blizzard.

Also see my thread in main forum.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 8
RE: Testing request - 5/14/2011 10:51:22 PM   
Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I have the turn 37 save of a 1.03 game upgraded to 1.04 prior to blizzard if you want it. I can also provide any previous save file you want of any turn during the blizzard.

Also see my thread in main forum.

Was this an ai game? Why don't you post a screen shot of your last blizzard turn OOB, Loss, and production page showing the armament and manpower pools. I'll compare it with what I had.

I currently already have the game using all of 1.04 thru T38, so I'm good to go there. Thanks for the offer though.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 9
RE: Testing request - 5/15/2011 12:32:04 AM   
2ndACR

Nope, it was against Tillius started under 1.03 and upgraded to 1.04 turn 24 before blizzard.

I have a pure 1.04 at turn 14. Overall, great job and it feels much better. German's actually have a chance.

Shot 1.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 10
RE: Testing request - 5/15/2011 12:32:35 AM   
2ndACR

shot 2

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 11
RE: Testing request - 5/15/2011 12:33:18 AM   
2ndACR

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 12
RE: Testing request - 5/15/2011 1:41:04 AM   
Sabre21

The OOB shows him with 6.3M men available in his army. That's 1.8M more than I had at that point but then the Soviets suffered about 1.5 million more losses too so that pretty much makes up the difference. In my game the Germans had about 50k more losses in men but about a thousand fewer tanks.  

I see the aar on this one..I'll post more request over there if i need to look at them.

< Message edited by Sabre21 -- 5/15/2011 1:42:23 AM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 13
RE: Testing request - 6/20/2011 10:53:32 AM   
cpt flam

with Majeloz we are upgrading as soon as patch become available
currently turn 41 done losses 2M for 5.4

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Testing request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI