Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Truck Production and Battlestack Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Truck Production and Battlestack Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Truck Production and Battlestack Questions - 4/23/2011 12:05:57 AM   
edsan

I was new to AT and just recently purchased AT Gold. I'm into my first game and would appreciate some clarifications (other newbies might benefit too):

1) I'm into my first game and don't understand something with production. Although I'm trying to produce some trucks, the lower left numbers don't show a number x trucks (no "real" either). Also, the total production in the upper right doesn't show any trucks in production either. However, it looks like they actually show up at the HQ in the next turn. A bug?

2) I've read the battlestack rules and would appreciate further clarification on what it really means (including the numbers left on the map). What is the impact and for how long? I noticed that the number doesn't always appear.

3) The physical shipment arrived from Matrix with no paper manual (there was one in AT). Is this now intentional?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Truck Production and Battlestack Questions - 4/23/2011 1:25:41 AM   
henri51

1) You have to move the slider in the production to the right to determine how many trucks will be produced. "real" will tell you how many are actually produced. If that is zero, it may be that the city is not able to produce trucks, which is the case if it was not one of your national cities.In that case, it can produce only PPs or resources.

2) The battlestack rules are that no more than 100 stack points may attack without penalty from a single hex, 150 from two hexes and so on. Clicking on the enemy unit will tell you how many are attacking vs how many could without penalty (e.g. for example 140/100).

3)I haven't received my physical shipment yet, but chances are that there is no paper manual if there was not one in the box.

Henri

(in reply to edsan)
Post #: 2
RE: Truck Production and Battlestack Questions - 4/23/2011 12:37:55 PM   
edsan

Thanks henri51.

1) I had the slider off 0 in a couple cities (I'm playing the evensteven germanrussia scenario)....Kolberg was my focus where it wouldn't give me "3 x Truck" or "real: 3". Since my initial post, I've found (I think) that the truck production is related to another problem I had at that time (embarrased to say my available oil was bouncing on 0). Now that the available oil is up, the trucks in production are showing like other production. Lessons being learned in the "lab."

2) I'm surprised that there is a residual battlestack penalty. I'll learn to live with it (if the Russians have it too :). It also looks like it disappears after a couple turns (still trying to remember to note this).

3) It would be nice if, for the extra money, there was a paper manual. The AT one was a struggle, so I was looking forward to pull this one out while traveling. I'll just sit in front of the computer to read it again (and again).

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Truck Production and Battlestack Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI