Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader Assignments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leader Assignments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 1:58:46 PM   
Zonso

It appears that Leader rating/skill level losses are hardcoded upon assignment from the Leader pool. I noticed the same skill losses with the same Leaders in every GC I have started, no matter what Corps they are assigned to. I confirmed the same in AI games as well. This can't be working as intended else what is the point?
Post #: 1
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 2:25:19 PM   
kevini1000

This is something I noticed as well also. What is the point of someof these Major Generals to have certain skills at that level when they will automatically decrease upon promotion. Nehring will always go from initiative of 8 to a 7 upon assignment. I have one guy going from mech of 7 to mech of 6 always.

(in reply to Zonso)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 2:35:19 PM   
cookie monster

If it says P for promotion needed then they will lose skills on being manually promoted

Try not to manually promote

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 3
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 3:43:44 PM   
pompack

It's in the manual

11.4.3.3 and 11.4.3.5

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 4
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 4:08:33 PM   
kevini1000

Ok so what other option do you have with these major Generals. If you promote them then they will loose skill points and the same skill points no mater what it is not random. And according to what people are saying they will not be promoted to the LT General unless I manually assign them.

Am I missing some obscure detail from the rules or what.

Sath

< Message edited by sath -- 4/27/2011 4:13:20 PM >

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 5:00:10 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: sath

Ok so what other option do you have with these major Generals. If you promote them then they will loose skill points and the same skill points no mater what it is not random. And according to what people are saying they will not be promoted to the LT General unless I manually assign them.

Sath

Oh, you promote them and take your chances since otherwise they just sit there and never get used.

Just be grateful when you assign them if the stats don't change.

Also, I was not aware that they really got "promoted" when you assign them to a position above their rank. I have a lot of German Major Generals commanding corps right now, but it may be that they started that way. The next time I assign a Major General to a corps I will verify that they really got promoted.

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 6
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 5:07:59 PM   
kevini1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

Sath

Oh, you promote them and take your chances since otherwise they just sit there and never get used.

Also, I was not aware that they really got "promoted" when you assign them to a position above their rank. I have a lot of German Major Generals commanding corps right now, but it may be that they started that way. The next time I assign a Major General to a corps I will verify that they really got promoted.

They are always promoted to Lt General when assigned to a corps and the skill is always identical not random. Which means they might as well lower these particular skills and start these guys as Lt Generals.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 5:24:52 PM   
cookie monster

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sath

They are always promoted to Lt General when assigned to a corps and the skill is always identical not random. Which means they might as well lower these particular skills and start these guys as Lt Generals.

Now why would they do that when in history they were not Lt Generals?

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 8
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 5:48:33 PM   
JAMiAM

I can't say for sure, but it seems to me that the intent of this is to prevent the player from ahistorically, promoting all of his best generals early in the war and just boosting his command. If you wait for some more 'natural' attrition - through political removals, deaths, and other high-level promotions - to take care of your higher echelon commanders, the lower level generals should be pulled up through the ranks without the downgrading of their specs.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 9
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 6:29:22 PM   
kevini1000

The problem is that unless you assign them to a command they sit in the leader pool at the rank of major General. Appearently that have to have some wins to be able to auto promote. So no matter what these guys are going to loose skill points either way or they will just sit in the leader pool.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 10
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/27/2011 8:13:36 PM   
pompack

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sath

Sorry got to violently disagree with you

Just did a number of trials where the sequence was load saved game, move random unit, replace leader in XXXXII Korps with some Major General, rinse and repeat

Results in order for each new Leader:
Weiss, lose one pol, one inf point
Brandenberger, lose one inf point
Raus no change
Grassner no change
Kleeman no change
Weiss lose one morale, one inf point
Kleeman no change
Brandenberger no change
Grassner lose one pol, one admin point

Note that only Kleeman got the same result twice and that was no change.

Looks random for me, but I do need to do a couple of hundred trials to really confirm it

I did note that in every case they were promoted to Lt. General so you only have to suffer once unless now you want to move one up to Army

< Message edited by pompack -- 4/27/2011 8:14:51 PM >

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 11
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/28/2011 2:11:34 AM   
Ridgeway

I thought what he was saying is each individual general always has the same result -- not that every general always loses points. So Weiss should always lose 1M, 1Inf if promoted.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 12
RE: Leader Assignments - 4/29/2011 3:23:43 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ridgeway

I thought what he was saying is each individual general always has the same result -- not that every general always loses points. So Weiss should always lose 1M, 1Inf if promoted.

Yes, but look at my results above. Weiss was the ONLY one with the same result. Everybody else got a different result.

(in reply to Ridgeway)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Leader Assignments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI