Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s - 4/27/2011 11:31:39 PM   
thunderstruck

(POSTED also in Gen Tech help)

Hello, am wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Just installed and got working Distant Worlds.

Now, when it installed I got the ffdshow compatibility manager prompt. Have never ever gotten this prompt before with using any ffdshow codecs, now I get it all the time and even with windows media player. is A bugger of an annoyance even when do not prompt is ticked.
REAL ISSUE !!!
I cannot even play new MP3s in WMP 9 though older ones in playlist work.So, all my unplaylisted Songs,material,sounds,Sfx,Scores I have and use for GFX 3d and video that are in MP3 are unplayable except in VLC media player on an individual basis.

(About 10 GB worth of Music,comps,scores and Sfx.)
(have not tried Adobe bridge but am sure they wont play as it uses default WMP)Strange though Sony Vegas Pro 8 seems unaffected by this- still plays

This all began with this install. Have looked into config of ffdshow and do not see any problems and for life of me cannot figure this out.

Even a system restore failed to fix this.

From what I have gathered so far, the whitelist/blacklist has been affected- and have yet to try blacklisting Distant Worlds.exe
in ffdshow codec config.Problem is WMP is not blackliste or is listed for use but will not work unplaylisted files( mp3's only it seems)

Seems maybe the only way, but would that not affect sound-files for game?? as in not work??

Any one got an opine on this??

Should I send this to tech support?

Regards,

< Message edited by thunderstruck -- 4/28/2011 12:38:07 AM >

-- Ever get the feeling from a movie trailer, you cant wait to see it
--that is what it does to me--

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/Thunderstruck2012/Animated%20Siggies/Viper-Sig.gif
Post #: 1
RE: Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s - 4/28/2011 1:08:10 AM   
thunderstruck

Well, I uninstalled Distant worlds, but system also updated WMP when I restarted,
so unsure which may have corrected. But no longer have issue of ffdshow compatiblity prompts

will know more when I try and reinstall this game.

The new MP3's still do not function, may be unrelated will have to test out some more.
Regards,

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/Thunderstruck2012/Animated%20Siggies/Viper-Sig.gif

(in reply to thunderstruck)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s - 4/28/2011 5:54:59 AM   
Data

Sounds like you're on your way to solving this. I suspect the WMP updates but I'm biased towards it and DW requires WMP and IE as a must in order to get it to run. Maybe ffdshow is not considered the default player after the install and loses it's file associations, if you check each file type afterward so that ffdshow can open them by default and not WMP do you still have problems?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 3
RE: Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s - 4/28/2011 1:27:09 PM   
thunderstruck

well am not a genius and pretty much a noob, I just try and hunt it down LOL

But on the part of MP3's.. believe it or not, 2 of the albums I d-L are MP3's
but are somehow faulty. 3rd LP was good :D

if I need them or if to scan for sound footage I guess I got to convert all 125 songs to .wav  (JOY)

have not reinstalled DW yet to see. had some more comp issues pop up due to sys restore

will report back......

regards,

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s - 4/28/2011 2:06:09 PM   
Data

fingers crossed

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Distant Worlds- Affecting ffdshow-codecs-audio mp 3s Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI