Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Security divisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Security divisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Security divisions - 4/28/2011 11:08:08 AM   
Cerion

There are in the GC 1941 (I am running the last patch 1.04.10), 5 German security divisions that do not have at start any security squad (there are 3 more that have them). Is it WAD?

Regards

< Message edited by Cerion -- 4/28/2011 11:10:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Security divisions - 4/28/2011 1:04:37 PM   
jaw

Originally I did not make security squads (which represent military police type units) organic to the Security Division TOE because as you state above only a few divisions had these units attached to them at the start of Barbarossa. My intention was that these squads would wither away from attrition over the course of the game (they were never intended to be part of the standard Security Division TOE). During development of the game a rule was put in which causes all non-TOE ground elements and TOE elements in excess of 125% of TOE to be returned to the pool. This rule was aimed at Soviet tank divisions which on conversion to tank brigades would have ground elements far in excess of TOE. An unintended consequence of this rule was that it stripped out the security squad elements from security divisions. To fix this problem I added security squads to the Security Division TOE but had the scenario designer only include them in the divisions which actually had them at the start of Barbarossa. The other security divisions will have to receive them as replacements as the game goes on. Considering how "murky" the historical composition of Axis rear area security forces was, I think this approach is a fair compromise between historical realism and game reality (i.e. you really need those extra security squads).

(in reply to Cerion)
Post #: 2
RE: Security divisions - 4/29/2011 9:47:19 AM   
Cerion

Thank you for the response, jaw.

Regards

(in reply to jaw)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Security divisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI