Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 9:07:59 PM   
ASHBERY76

Just like Alien Fleets now require a trade treaty to refuel at your base.I think another immersion breaker is the immigration system.I find it very unlikely a human family are going to decide to move to a volcano planet full with 1 billion man eating bugs.I think it would be a good idea to tie the migration system to diplomacy and a trade treaty at least.

Post #: 1
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 9:11:15 PM   
cookie monster

The more I think about this game the more abstracted it appears.

Your right, perhaps races should only emigrate to locations with a similiar species.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 2
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 9:18:38 PM   
J HG T

We approve.
I think it would be best when you could choose which met races you want immigrants from, and to which empires do you allow your population to migrate. Simple switches for each race in diplomacy options would work just fine, me thinks.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 9:26:08 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

We approve.
I think it would be best when you could choose which met races you want immigrants from, and to which empires do you allow your population to migrate. Simple switches for each race in diplomacy options would work just fine, me thinks.

Yeah that would be a good feature for the next expansion but I think a simple trade treaty tweak would be possible for a patch.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 4
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 9:37:27 PM   
Wade1000

True. Those are good ideas for gameplay maybe.

But...

Abstraction abounds in computer games.

Maybe...

Those Humans that moved to the bug planet are some sort of CULT. (There have been some strange cults throughout history.) The bugs now learned to use them in various ways(food?, study, slaves, controlled espionage agents) and let them multiply.
Maybe the Humans that moved are some sort of OFFSHOOT or TRAITORS that see their own empire as wrong in some way and hope to use the power and acceptance of another empire to change the course of history.

Perhaps...

Bugs that move to a Human planet are a cult, offshoot, or traitors also.

Having no trade treaty should not stop these scenarios. But, perhaps these scenarios should be tied to the happiness of your empire or colonies.
Also, these scenarios are a sort of random event. Random events are often popular in 4Ex games.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 4/29/2011 9:44:37 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 5
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 10:34:24 PM   
ASHBERY76

I have no issue with random events but when 100+ million humans are emigrating to become Taranchula sex slaves it kinda kills game immersion in my view.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 4/29/2011 10:35:04 PM >

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 6
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 11:42:57 PM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Just like Alien Fleets now require a trade treaty to refuel at your base.I think another immersion breaker is the immigration system.I find it very unlikely a human family are going to decide to move to a volcano planet full with 1 billion man eating bugs.I think it would be a good idea to tie the migration system to diplomacy and a trade treaty at least.

Immigration should indeed only be allowed as the end result of form of treaty, and then be based on species compatibility & favorability.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/29/2011 11:52:29 PM   
Apheirox

Yes, immigration should follow the "standards" for diplomacy, ie. insects like insects and hate humanoids and vice versa and trade sanctions should affect it as well. It should be exceedingly unlikely for a humans to migrate to a Boskaran empire that you have trade sanctions against. The type of planet should play a major role as well - non-amphibian species should be reluctant to move to an ocean planet.

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 8
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 4/30/2011 7:59:38 AM   
Data

Aye, we agree also.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Apheirox)
Post #: 9
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 5/3/2011 2:54:06 AM   
ollobrains

immgration based on treaty
the ability to capture enemy ships with boarding parties - and then take their crew including colonizers
ability to adbuct planetary populations from empires youre at war with rather than just taking over the option to temp land troops take populations and run away

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 10
RE: Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. - 5/3/2011 6:03:41 AM   
Data

quote:

ability to adbuct planetary populations from empires youre at war with

this sounds interesting; are you a wraith by any chance?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ollobrains)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Alien immigration should be based on a trade treaty. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI