Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 6:29:48 PM   
diablo1

I need to get them down before I forget them or if I stop playing in a week or two.

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button that branches off just like the others so it can be given orders without effecting its subordinates as it does now.

2. Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.

3. Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game? Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.

5. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off

6. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.

7. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.

8. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I see is the objective flags flapping is different.

9. When setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already implemented and I had to pick a map to play on.

10. When choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box as well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc. I'd like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with sometimes as well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type of unit in the mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor, artillery etc. etc. to get a more random group of units to play with. I like NOT KNOWING what I'm going to get to command in a battle the most.

< Message edited by diablo1 -- 5/13/2011 6:35:18 PM >

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Post #: 1
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 6:32:05 PM   
thewood1

Can you try running FRAPS in the background and compare the FPS displays with the F1 key display?

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 6:35:39 PM   
diablo1

I don't have FRAPS.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 6:37:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1
9. When setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already implemented and I had to pick a map to play on.

10. When choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box as well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc. I'd like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with sometimes as well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type of unit in the mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor, artillery etc. etc. to get a more random group of units to play with. I like NOT KNOWING what I'm going to get to command in a battle the most.

These are already in there. When in the Random Battle Generator, right-click on the Map and you'll see it start to change and a small set of dice will appear in the bottom right corner. Right-click on the force percentages and you'll see those do the same.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 6:38:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo
3. Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game? Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.

Have you tried the Aggressive SOP with Elite units? That seems pretty Bastogne-like to me in terms of results.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 5
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 7:12:01 PM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

These are already in there. When in the Random Battle Generator, right-click on the Map and you'll see it start to change and a small set of dice will appear in the bottom right corner. Right-click on the force percentages and you'll see those do the same.

Regards,

- Erik

Ok cool these worked great and I'm able to play some 42-44 random scenarios now that CTD before when making my own.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 7:12:11 PM   
Richie61

quote:

I don't have FRAPS.

Free software programs:

FRAP - limited play time & wet mark
http://www.fraps.com/

GPU-Z: give you all information about your video card and GPU.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

CPU-Z: freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Used this is find my bad RAM stick a few years back
quote:

CPU
Name and number.
Core stepping and process.
Package.
Core voltage.
Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
Supported instruction sets.
Cache information.

Mainboard

Vendor, model and revision.
BIOS model and date.
Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
Graphic interface.

Memory

Frequency and timings.
Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.

System

Windows and DirectX version.

For XP users
FreeRAM XP Pro
http://download.cnet.com/FreeRAM-XP-Pro/3000-2086_4-10070530.html
quote:

Even if you're not a RAM whiz, you can still easily free up RAM on your running system? By selecting AutoFree mode and then 'go,' FreeRAM XP Pro can automatically optimize your system, balancing levels between your memory cache and the computer's speed.

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 7
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 7:35:19 PM   
republicofpepsi

I know its probably not possible for Ostfront, but with the next Panzer Command are there plans to add damage effects to the 3d models? Like scratches from non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do penetrate, track damage, etc? I would love to see that.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 8
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 7:51:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

That is certainly technically possible. The new decal system we added for Ostfront is a step in that direction. As to when it will happen, I don't know but if all goes well it is something we'd like to see in terms of visual effects too.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to republicofpepsi)
Post #: 9
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 7:58:32 PM   
thewood1

I just checked with FRAPS and F1 FPS matches FRAPS external counter exactly.

Post #: 10
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 8:12:58 PM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I just checked with FRAPS and F1 FPS matches FRAPS external counter exactly.

Did you check at different levels of view or just one?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 11
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 8:19:35 PM   
Smertin

Is a unit pause command in the pipeline?...As playing with wego this is IMO one of the most important commands.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 12
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 8:20:15 PM   
Mad Russian

Yes.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Smertin)
Post #: 13
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 8:34:04 PM   
ComradeP

11 Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically: what it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit. Checking every unit in a small battle is no problem, but in larger battles it would be rather micromanagement intensive.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 14
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 8:51:18 PM   
thewood1

I checked multiple scenarios and high and lo views.  It matched to the whole number at low and high FPS.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 15
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 9:18:06 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

11 Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically: what it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit. Checking every unit in a small battle is no problem, but in larger battles it would be rather micromanagement intensive.

How would you see this working? I'm just thinking about some of the battles I've played, things get pretty hectic with a lot of units firing at each other. Just curious what mechanism you think would work.

thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 16
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 9:32:58 PM   
ComradeP

It's for those battles where things get hectic that you need all the information you can get, and checking every unit to see what it's firing at and with what is a cumbersome process with more than a dozen units. Ideally, the feedback wouldn't be for every shot at a target, just for the first until the ammunition used or target being engaged change.

As long as the extra feedback can be toggled, it shouldn't clutter the feedback display when it isn't necessary, but it could be toggled on when you want to know what your troops are doing. Currently, messages appear that a unit is running low on a certain kind of ammunition, whilst I didn't really know it was firing that ammunition or what it was firing at. Now, I have to check each unit to see whether there's a better target it can fire at.

Example: 2/3/2-25 Panzer/1 engaging BT-7 with AP ammo.

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 5/13/2011 9:36:18 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 17
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 11:34:22 PM   
diablo1

Unlimited Ammo feature? Haven't read the manual yet so this may be there but I haven't seen it. I've always been a proponent of let the player play the game like THEY want to. If they don't want total realism or total historical accuracy build things in the game to let them play it without such (of course to a degree) and unlimited ammo would be one of those. Being able to turn OFF FOW would be another.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 18
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 11:37:05 PM   
Mad Russian

There is a feature that allows you to assign ammunition levels to units already in the editor. It's not unlimited though you can assign as much as 400% of the basic combat load to a unit.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 19
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 11:44:57 PM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

There is a feature that allows you to assign ammunition levels to units already in the editor. It's not unlimited though you can assign as much as 400% of the basic combat load to a unit.

Good Hunting.

MR

Ok that's something to consider adding to the next game then. A checkbox for "unlimited ammo" like the Total War series does it.

Post #: 20
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 11:52:08 PM   
Mad Russian

Here's the current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button that branches off just like the others so it can be given orders without effecting its subordinates as it does now.

2. Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.

5. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off

7. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.

8. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I see is the objective flags flapping is different.

11. To add damage effects to the 3d models? Like scratches from non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do penetrate, track damage, etc? I would love to see that.

12. A unit pause command.

13. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically: what it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

14. Unlimited Ammo feature

Not addressing any of these at the moment just listing them. These may cause other gamers to think of another feature to add.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 21
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/13/2011 11:58:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi MR,

Thanks for collating that. Please note though that for #3, Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing. Also on #8 the F1 FPS measurement is accurate and #9 and #10 are already done and in the Ostfront release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 22
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 1:38:48 AM   
junk2drive

I would have liked a couple or three levels of FOW so that trainees can get used to the system then advance and finally a...

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 23
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 1:46:42 AM   
dazoline II

15. In RBG sort templates by size.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 24
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 3:43:01 AM   
eniced73

How about if we copy and paste the list everytime we want to add something? Then MR or someone else can pop in and address and delete ones that are already taken care of.

Here's the current list:

11. To add damage effects to the 3d models? Like scratches from non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do penetrate, track damage, etc? I would love to see that.

12. A unit pause command.

13. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically: what it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

14. Unlimited Ammo feature

15. Unlimited waypoints

16. Moveable waypoints

17. Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

I added 15 to 17.

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 25
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 4:04:54 AM   
junk2drive

This post will get lost soon but let me say that the game has a design philosophy behind it to play at the platoon command level. Not just orders but the ammo and waypoints were debated. We want to give options to the player but crossing some line will make it no longer PC.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to eniced73)
Post #: 26
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 4:11:23 AM   
diablo1

quote:

We want to give options to the player but crossing some line will make it no longer PC.

Perhaps you should take a look at "Forge of Freedom" OPTIONS. There's more than I can count and it doesn't make Forge of Freedom no longer Forge of Freedom because there are a LOT OF OPTIONS. There should always be a BASE game and then OPTIONS (lots of options). Options allow the PLAYER to decided how they want to play not be forced to play one way by the designer.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 27
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 4:14:40 AM   
z1812

Hi All,

In no particular order.

1. The ability to transport AT/Infantry guns.

2. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.

3. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

4. Destructible buildings.

5. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

6. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

Remember the above is suggested in the context of the great job that has been done with Ostfront. If I was to list the improvements made in this release it would be a very long post indeed.

Regards,

John

< Message edited by z1812 -- 5/14/2011 4:16:07 AM >

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 28
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 4:35:00 AM   
thewood1

A big one for me is an SOP that will force a unit to only fire on the halt.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 29
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/14/2011 4:53:28 AM   
TheRockSal

quote:

Options allow the PLAYER to decided how they want to play not be forced to play one way by the designer.

OMG....there are not a lot of games like Forge of Freedom with all their option levels.

AND, it's the designers game, they can decide how they want their audience to play...if the audience doesn't like it, they find some other game they like...the designers owe you nothing.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI