Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/2/2011 1:27:03 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

With regard to 81. North Africa. I think this game, the atmosphere of this game, is much better suited for the Bulge, perhaps combined with 1946. 

I hope not.

What I'm hoping for and trying to make happen is that this game ends up being suited to any time frame that has tanks.

In any location.

That either there will be Matrix supported games or expansions enough for gamers to take the series wherever they want to fight from 1917 to the future.

Only time will tell just how successful that effort will become but you have to have a goal. That's my personal goal.

Of course, the rest of the developers and the customers have their goals as well, and mine is just one voice in the crowded room.

As to whether NA would work or not, for me personally, that theater most closely resembles Russia and could be done with some added models and textures pretty easily. You have tank heavy fights on mostly open ground. That's a formula PCO understands right now.
Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/2/2011 1:34:02 PM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 271
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/2/2011 7:00:38 PM   
Ratzki

MR, I am finding it to be getting easier and easier using the map maker. I tend to use the level command as well. What I find tough is distinguishing heights at oposite sides of the map after smoothing with all those smaller height increments and my eyes. Sometimes it is tough to know exacly what I have. I have to take a look at the build to really get a sense of things. Would be good to be able to convert the greyscale to numbers or colours just to have a look and see what is what in the edit screen. The greyscale can be tougher to distinguish the differences in heights, specially when you get most of the map that is very close in height and has some low undulating hills.
I do agree with your comments earlier. You have to make a few maps to see how this thing works. It does not feel intuitive when you first start but after a bit of playing with it, it does become so. To compare it to the CMx1 mapping editor, CMx1's editor felt much like you are painting a picture in some art class. You were able to give a general feel of the terrain to the players but that was it just a feel. With PC's map maker, it is much more like building a map. You have way more control with PC and there is really nothing out there that I feel could not be made with this program, all you are limited by is the time that you want to spend on the map. I also see that a person should be able to turn out a good and accurate map in a much shorter time then you could with CMx1's editor.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 272
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/2/2011 7:23:06 PM   
Jacko

Good to hear!

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 273
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/3/2011 2:59:17 AM   
Mad Russian

Where map maker has saved me untold hours is when I do the height map. In CMx1 I would take as long as 4 to 5 weeks on some of my height maps. Here I can do it all in a few hours.

For those wanting to make maps here are the steps to follow:

1) Watch Rick's map making videos.
2) Read my pictorial map making tutorial.
3) Make 3 maps.

Then we'll talk about what map maker is or isn't.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/3/2011 3:02:09 AM >

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 274
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/3/2011 4:07:26 AM   
Mobius

You can take the heightmap into a paint program and make a 65x65 gray scale image. I have taken a few into a 1000x1000 images, worked on it to get more natural contoured hills then reduced it back to a 65x65 image for the mapmaker.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

Post #: 275
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/3/2011 7:02:14 AM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

With regard to 81. North Africa. I think this game, the atmosphere of this game, is much better suited for the Bulge, perhaps combined with 1946. 

I hope not.

What I'm hoping for and trying to make happen is that this game ends up being suited to any time frame that has tanks.

In any location.

That either there will be Matrix supported games or expansions enough for gamers to take the series wherever they want to fight from 1917 to the future.

Only time will tell just how successful that effort will become but you have to have a goal. That's my personal goal.

Good Hunting.

MR

Ambitious!

Post #: 276
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/3/2011 1:00:40 PM   
Mad Russian

You have to have a goal. 

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 277
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 5:24:30 AM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

You can take the heightmap into a paint program and make a 65x65 gray scale image. I have taken a few into a 1000x1000 images, worked on it to get more natural contoured hills then reduced it back to a 65x65 image for the mapmaker.

Now why did I not think of that...

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 278
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 3:34:49 PM   
HintJ

quote:

You sure it isn't 50x50 for heightmaps? It looks like there are 50 lines of 50 data numbers in the mapmaker.xml for height.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 279
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 4:18:28 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: HintJ
quote:

You sure it isn't 50x50 for heightmaps? It looks like there are 50 lines of 50 data numbers in the mapmaker.xml for height.
I'm not sure what that is for. The info is saved as polys in the terrain.x mesh.
Note the gray scale is translated to corners of polys not the poly faces themselves. That is 65x65 vertices if you will for a 1000x1000m map. A 2000x2000m map will have 129x129 vertices.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 6/4/2011 4:19:55 PM >

panzer

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 280
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 5:38:08 PM   
bairdlander2

In campaign would like to see experiance bonus in the unit specs,if the unit has any medals or experiance bonus's.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 281
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 5:40:09 PM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

In campaign would like to see experiance bonus in the unit specs,if the unit has any medals or experiance bonus's.

Good one.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 282
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 5:43:13 PM   
HintJ

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HintJ
quote:

I'm not sure what that is for. The info is saved as polys in the terrain.x mesh.
Note the gray scale is translated to corners of polys not the poly faces themselves. That is 65x65 vertices if you will for a 1000x1000m map. A 2000x2000m map will have 129x129 vertices.

It appears the constant number here is 15: 750m/50=15 1000m/65=15 (aprox) and 2000/129=15 (aprox).

So then, it seems each greyscale pixel is 15 meters square.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 283
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 5:58:31 PM   
junk2drive

Have medals turned on by default in the HUD. That way in setup you can > through your force and find the ones with medals without having to click the button to turn on the display of medals.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 284
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 6:59:38 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button  that branches off just like the  others so it can be given orders  without effecting its subordinates as  it does now.  

2.  Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they  goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.  

3.  Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if   those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game?   Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.   Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.

4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off  

5. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.   

6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.  

7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just   don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had   LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that   and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still   pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I   see is the objective flags flapping is different.  

The F1 FPS measurement is accurate.

8. When   setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at   the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already   implemented and I had to pick a map to play on. 

Already done and in the Ostfront release.

9. When   choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box  as  well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc.  I'd  like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with  sometimes as  well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type  of unit in the  mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor,  artillery etc. etc.  to get a more random group of units to play with. I  like NOT KNOWING  what I'm going to get to command in a battle the  most.

10. To add damage effects to the 3d models?  Like  scratches from  non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do  penetrate, track damage,  etc?  I would love to see that.

11. A unit pause command.

12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically:  what  it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's   displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

13. Unlimited Ammo feature.

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

16.  Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

17. The ability to transport  AT/Infantry guns.

18. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

20. Destructible buildings.

21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

Make 3 maps then we'll talk.

22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

23. Better display of maps to be chosen for Random battles and campaigns.

24. Larger Maps.

25. Larger unit limit when creating scenarios.

26. Unit order ques.

27.  A different color for the message when reinforcements arrive.

28. AA guns.

29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines  indicating which of your units could see him.  That would be much better  than cycling through your units.

30. More verbose messaging.

33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I  see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly  where to look.

34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map  so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like.  It  wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my  small brain from forgetting what I saw.

35. Optional air recon.  If we could designate an area and have a Storch  fly over and give us some idea, it would be great.  An exposed tank  could be identified, and question marks for everything else.  You could  make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane  having been shot down.  And futher you could make the information only  visible to units within radio contact.

36. Additional Russian campaigns.  And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack?  :)

37. More sound

38. Mud terrain doesn't create dust when rounds impact.

39. FOW for entrenchments and trenches. Place during setup phase.

40.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.

41. LOS indicator for what a unit can actually see. A shaded area or something.

42. More diverse experience levels for units beyond the current 3.

43. Infantry taking fire should get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.

44. Cavalry units. Both for infantry and artillery.

45. Motorcycle troops.

46. Kubel Wagons, Jeeps, Gaz...etc. The smaller vehicles.

47. End game on a specific turn.

48. End of game carry over of data.

49. Import/export to xml save game file.

50. Exit Objectives.

51. Company formations.

52. Battalion formations.

53. Rejoin formation orders.

54. Sound contacts.  

55. Quicker expansion/game release cycle for future additions to the series.

55. Mine clearance.

56. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.

57. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.

58. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.

59. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.

60. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.

61. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)

62. Ressuply out of ammo units.

63. Continue option for lost random campaign battles -- e.g. not to "Skip" it.

64.  End of battle tally of KIA, WIA etc...

65. Running campaign total of KIA, WIA for both sides.

66. Running campaign total of battles lost vs. battles won.

67. Different icons for different types of infantry and vehicles.

68. Add a "Next Target" hotkey.

69. Make complex orders possible. Example: Move + Advance + Defend

70. Firing arcs.

71. Better gun crew positioning.

72. Paratroops landing.

73. Unlock the unit view (tab) using the arrows or moving the cursor on the side of the screen

74. Operational level for PC. Which would show units, supply level, etc...

75. Long Campaign (12 - 90 battles) for GD or 5th SS Wiking for expansion/patch.

76. An icon at the left of the HUD that shows vehicles buttoned up.

77. Some way to tell you how long the platoon will be delayed.

78. A face>Engage command. Face the target while engaging. Not just turning the turret towards the enemy.

79. Lock on vehicle view from the outside of the vehicle.

80. Mortars being able to fire at targets out of LOS.

81. North Africa.

82. Cover from vegetation needs to be reduced.

83. 30 second turns.

84. Units in the open should not pin as easily as units in cover. They should break for cover more quickly.

85. Add tree tiles to the game to reduce resources on the CPU for larger maps.

86. Dedicated FO's.

87. Campaigns with maps that retain damage from one battle to the next. This would require that PC add the ability to have a single map be used in recurring battles. Which at the moment PCO doesn't have.

88. In campaign would like to see experience bonus in the unit specs,if the unit has any medals or experience bonus's. Have medals turned on by default in the HUD. That way in setup you can > through your force and find the ones with medals without having to click the button to turn on the display of medals.

89. Camera controls simplified.

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/4/2011 7:02:19 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 285
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/4/2011 8:37:26 PM   
bairdlander2

I think if too much is added it would take away from the simplicity of the game.Sometimes too many details are too much.It just needs some tweaking IMO.

Post #: 286
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/5/2011 2:36:14 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button  that branches off just like the  others so it can be given orders  without effecting its subordinates as  it does now.  

2.  Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they  goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.  

3.  Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if   those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game?   Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.   Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.

4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off  

5. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.   

6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.  

7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just   don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had   LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that   and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still   pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I   see is the objective flags flapping is different.  

The F1 FPS measurement is accurate.

8. When   setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at   the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already   implemented and I had to pick a map to play on. 

9. When   choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box  as  well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc.  I'd  like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with  sometimes as  well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type  of unit in the  mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor,  artillery etc. etc.  to get a more random group of units to play with. I  like NOT KNOWING  what I'm going to get to command in a battle the  most.

10. To add damage effects to the 3d models?  Like  scratches from  non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do  penetrate, track damage,  etc?  I would love to see that.

11. A unit pause command.

12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically:  what  it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's   displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

13. Unlimited Ammo feature.

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

16.  Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

17. The ability to transport  AT/Infantry guns.

18. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

20. Destructible buildings.

21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

Make 3 maps then we'll talk.

22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

23. Better display of maps to be chosen for Random battles and campaigns.

24. Larger Maps.

25. Larger unit limit when creating scenarios.

26. Unit order ques.

27.  A different color for the message when reinforcements arrive.

28. AA guns.

29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines  indicating which of your units could see him.  That would be much better  than cycling through your units.

30. More verbose messaging.

33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I  see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly  where to look.

34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map  so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like.  It  wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my  small brain from forgetting what I saw.

35. Optional air recon.  If we could designate an area and have a Storch  fly over and give us some idea, it would be great.  An exposed tank  could be identified, and question marks for everything else.  You could  make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane  having been shot down.  And futher you could make the information only  visible to units within radio contact.

36. Additional Russian campaigns.  And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack?  :)

37. More sound

38. Mud terrain doesn't create dust when rounds impact.

39. FOW for entrenchments and trenches. Place during setup phase.

40.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.

41. LOS indicator for what a unit can actually see. A shaded area or something.

42. More diverse experience levels for units beyond the current 3.

43. Infantry taking fire should get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.

44. Cavalry units. Both for infantry and artillery.

45. Motorcycle troops.

46. Kubel Wagons, Jeeps, Gaz...etc. The smaller vehicles.

47. End game on a specific turn.

48. End of game carry over of data.

49. Import/export to xml save game file.

50. Exit Objectives.

51. Company formations.

52. Battalion formations.

53. Rejoin formation orders.

54. Sound contacts.  

55. Quicker expansion/game release cycle for future additions to the series.

55. Mine clearance.

56. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.

57. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.

58. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.

59. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.

60. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.

61. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)

62. Ressuply out of ammo units.

63. Continue option for lost random campaign battles -- e.g. not to "Skip" it.

64.  End of battle tally of KIA, WIA etc...

65. Running campaign total of KIA, WIA for both sides.

66. Running campaign total of battles lost vs. battles won.

67. Different icons for different types of infantry and vehicles.

68. Add a "Next Target" hotkey.

69. Make complex orders possible. Example: Move + Advance + Defend

70. Firing arcs.

71. Better gun crew positioning.

72. Paratroops landing.

73. Unlock the unit view (tab) using the arrows or moving the cursor on the side of the screen

74. Operational level for PC. Which would show units, supply level, etc...

75. Long Campaign (12 - 90 battles) for GD or 5th SS Wiking for expansion/patch.

76. An icon at the left of the HUD that shows vehicles buttoned up.

77. Some way to tell you how long the platoon will be delayed.

78. A face>Engage command. Face the target while engaging. Not just turning the turret towards the enemy.

79. Lock on vehicle view from the outside of the vehicle.

80. Mortars being able to fire at targets out of LOS.

81. North Africa.

82. Cover from vegetation needs to be reduced.

83. 30 second turns.

84. Units in the open should not pin as easily as units in cover. They should break for cover more quickly.

85. Add tree tiles to the game to reduce resources on the CPU for larger maps.

86. Dedicated FO's.

87. Campaigns with maps that retain damage from one battle to the next. This would require that PC add the ability to have a single map be used in recurring battles. Which at the moment PCO doesn't have.

88. In campaign would like to see experience bonus in the unit specs,if the unit has any medals or experience bonus's. Have medals turned on by default in the HUD. That way in setup you can > through your force and find the ones with medals without having to click the button to turn on the display of medals.

89. Camera controls simplified.

90. When in Command View -
* Problem is to switch units and selecting spotted    enemy units.
* Would be nice is if I could switch through my units and always stay Alt-TABed...
* ...and click enemy  units from far or in zoomed view but still stay Alt-Tabed to my own selected unit.
* Option to show the small map as full screen (...and always stay Alt-TABed)
* Alt-key for taking away UI during playback should have the option to function as a permanent on/off switch.
91. Vehicles have a small chance to spot to the sides/rear when buttoned-up.
92. Put a path to the options in the orders menu.
93. Enable the map utility to include the size of the map in the template XML.
94. the ability to assign squads to other HQs and have this new platoon show up in sequence and all together in the unit info portion at the bottom of the screen. It would be nice to be able to do this at the start of the battle, say give an infantry platoon a couple of mortars all under a single HQ squad. There would have to be some restrictions to not allow tanks to be assigned to infantry ect.
95. A Chain of Command with leaders incorporated.

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/7/2011 12:57:21 PM >

Post #: 287
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/5/2011 2:39:51 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

I think if too much is added it would take away from the simplicity of the game.Sometimes too many details are too much.It just needs some tweaking IMO.

Of course, not all the recommendations on the Wish List will be implemented. Some of them would take PCO away from the direction it's moving.

What the wishlist gives us is an idea of what gamers would like and then it's up to us to see how those ideas fit with the overall direction the game is going.

There are some very good ideas on this list. While not all of them will translate into the game many of them could.

Good Hunting.

MR

Post #: 288
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/6/2011 10:23:07 PM   
dazoline II

Another item:
- Enable the map utility to include the size of the map in the template XML. Seems the HTA Javascript may not be 100% reliable judging a map size from the number of pixels it contains.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

Post #: 289
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 1:30:06 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: dazoline II

Another item:
- Enable the map utility to include the size of the map in the template XML. Seems the HTA Javascript may not be 100% reliable judging a map size from the number of pixels it contains.

Added.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 290
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 4:20:00 AM   
Ratzki

How about the ability to assign squads to other HQs and have this new platoon show up in sequence and all together in the unit info portion at the bottom of the screen. It would be nice to be able to do this at the start of the battle, say give an infantry platoon a couple of mortars all under a single HQ squad. There would have to be some restrictions to not allow tanks to be assigned to infantry ect.

Post #: 291
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 4:59:24 AM   
Mad Russian

Ahhhh...a Developer Wish to add to the list now.

Mixed platoons and cross attachment has long been on our list. With the NWE theater coming up there is an absolute need for mixed platoons and cross attaching units.

Your wish is #94.

But what do you mean by an HQ Squad?

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/7/2011 5:02:14 AM >

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 292
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 8:09:15 AM   
Ratzki

Well, I think that I would like to see a separate HQ squad for a platoon. I do not mind having, in effect, nco's running the squads and built in to them, but I would like to see The platoon officers/runners/ect. represented in a separate "squad" unit. Bare with me, and see if I can make myself a little more clear. Now this is comming off the top of my head, so the exact numbers of men might be off a bit.
I will take a late '42 Russian Rifle Co. To me it should have a Co. HQ squad containing 2 officers, 1 political officer, and 2 runners/soldiers. This should be a squad all on it's own with a separate command structure orders menu with reguards to calling artillery and such. After that there are 3 rifle platoons.Each platoon should have a Platoon HQ squad with 1 officer, 1 nco, and 2 runner/soldiers. Again this squad should be represented separately with its own unique command structure orders menu. Then the rest of the platoon is filled out with 4 squads, each containing 2 nco's, and 7 grunts. The orders menus for the squads lead by nco' would again be stripped down to what they would have access to, which at this time would probably be pretty sparse as I think that the light mortar platoons would probably be under the Co. umbrella fir fire and targetting at this time. I think that the three MG's were assigned to each of the Rifle platoons respectively, but it woudl be nice to be able to place 1,2,or all 3 under any one of the Platoon HQ's or even the Co. HQ.
You might want to limit the number of separate teams/squads that could be assigned to a level that would not exceed the HQ's span of control.

Post #: 293
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 12:55:02 PM   
Mad Russian

Interesting. You've just written about the second Developers Wish on our list.

A Chain of Command with leaders incorporated.

How detailed that will end up being and how that will be implemented is still being discussed. I'll add this one to the Wish List as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 294
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 1:15:24 PM   
junk2drive

Somebody already made that game. We wanted to be different.

Post #: 295
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 4:28:34 PM   
Mobius

Found this on another forum.
quote:

Dupuy calculated the relative operational effectiveness of CAS vs interdiction on German combat power in Italy and found that interdiction was five times as effective per unit of air delivered.

So bombing locos, motor transport. bridges and railroad tracks is far more effective than going after single tanks and AT guns.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 296
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 9:29:35 PM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Somebody already made that game. We wanted to be different.

Problem is, is that they did not make that game. They hinted at it, but in reality their HQ units are nothing more then small underpowered, infantry units that have the ability to rally other squads. I think that HQ's with some real purpose and functioning within the chain of command and span of control would be very different from what was presented to us with this other company's past and recently released games.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 297
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/7/2011 10:16:20 PM   
Mobius

What? You don't just want to draw a box around the units you want to move and drag them to their destination?

panzer

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 298
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/8/2011 1:58:53 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki
Problem is, is that they did not make that game. They hinted at it, but in reality their HQ units are nothing more then small underpowered, infantry units that have the ability to rally other squads. I think that HQ's with some real purpose and functioning within the chain of command and span of control would be very different from what was presented to us with this other company's past and recently released games.

We do aim to have a real command layer in the next major release. I think it's fair to say that we think we can do a great job when it comes to showing command effects at the company and battalion level, given some additional development time. Note that the planned overhaul to the orders system will also be part of this, though we also plan to make a more straightforward orders mode that is more like CMx1 for folks that prefer that playstyle.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 299
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/8/2011 3:11:34 PM   
popllt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

The current list:

Hi! MR

I strongly recommend "A command system that can give individual orders".

I played "Operation Spring Awakening (1) March 9, 1945- hungary" just now. My platoon sneaked into the villiage for scouting. The leader squad mounted into the house first, and I wanted another squad far away to rush into the house. But first I must give RUSH ORDER to the leader squad which had mounted into the house, then the other squads could RUSH.

The current command system is "the squad act what the leader is acting", but sometimes the squads need the action themselves independently.

Thanks!

< Message edited by popllt -- 6/8/2011 3:31:40 PM >

Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI