Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 4:42:58 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button  that branches off just like the  others so it can be given orders  without effecting its subordinates as  it does now.  

2.  Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they  goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger. 

3.  Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if   those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game?   Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.   Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.

4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off 

5. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.  

6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better. 

7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just   don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had   LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that   and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still   pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I   see is the objective flags flapping is different. 

The F1 FPS measurement is accurate.

8. When   setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at   the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already   implemented and I had to pick a map to play on. 

Already done and in the Ostfront release.

9. When   choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box  as  well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc.  I'd  like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with  sometimes as  well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type  of unit in the  mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor,  artillery etc. etc.  to get a more random group of units to play with. I  like NOT KNOWING  what I'm going to get to command in a battle the  most.

10. To add damage effects to the 3d models?  Like  scratches from  non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do  penetrate, track damage,  etc?  I would love to see that.

11. A unit pause command.

12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically:  what  it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's   displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

13. Unlimited Ammo feature.

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

16.  Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

17. The ability to transport  AT/Infantry guns.

18. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

20. Destructible buildings.

21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

Make 3 maps then we'll talk.

22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

23. Better display of maps to be chosen for Random battles and campaigns.

24. Larger Maps.

25. Larger unit limit when creating scenarios.

26. Unit order ques.

27.  A different color for the message when reinforcements arrive.

28. AA guns.

29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines  indicating which of your units could see him.  That would be much better  than cycling through your units.

30. More verbose messaging.

33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I  see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly  where to look.

34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map  so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like.  It  wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my  small brain from forgetting what I saw.

35. Optional air recon.  If we could designate an area and have a Storch  fly over and give us some idea, it would be great.  An exposed tank  could be identified, and question marks for everything else.  You could  make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane  having been shot down.  And futher you could make the information only  visible to units within radio contact.

36. Additional Russian campaigns.  And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack?  :)

37. More sound

38. Towable guns.

39. Mud terrain doesn't create dust when rounds impact.

40. FOW for entrenchments and trenches.

41.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.

42. LOS indicator for what a unit can actually see. A shaded area or something.

43. More diverse experience levels for units beyond the current 3.

44. Infantry taking fire should get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.

45. Cavalry units. Both for infantry and artillery.

46. Motorcycle troops.

47. Kubel Wagons, Jeeps, Gaz...etc. The smaller vehicles.

48. End game on a specific turn.

49. End of game carry over of data.

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/16/2011 10:57:37 PM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 91
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 4:44:05 PM   
dazoline II

Make an import/export save game to XML ultility.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 92
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 10:01:33 PM   
sztartur2

Im here for some more:

Exit objective. One side of the map should be an exit objective for units starting from the other side.

Company exhelons.

Battalion echelons.

Be able to choose a company or a full battalion. If a scuad/vehicle gets lost or behind company/battalion commander should be bale to direct them as well. Resupplying ammo possibility at battalion HQ.

Sound contact.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 93
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 10:57:33 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button  that branches off just like the  others so it can be given orders  without effecting its subordinates as  it does now.  

2.  Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they  goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.  

3.  Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if   those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game?   Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.   Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.

4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off  

6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.  

7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just   don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had   LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that   and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still   pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I   see is the objective flags flapping is different.  

8. When   setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at   the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already   implemented and I had to pick a map to play on. 

9. When   choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box  as  well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc.  I'd  like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with  sometimes as  well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type  of unit in the  mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor,  artillery etc. etc.  to get a more random group of units to play with. I  like NOT KNOWING  what I'm going to get to command in a battle the  most.

10. To add damage effects to the 3d models?  Like  scratches from  non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do  penetrate, track damage,  etc?  I would love to see that.

12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically:  what  it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's   displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

16.  Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

24. Larger Maps.

26. Unit order ques.

28. AA guns.

29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines  indicating which of your units could see him.  That would be much better  than cycling through your units.

33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I  see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly  where to look.

34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map  so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like.  It  wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my  small brain from forgetting what I saw.

35. Optional air recon.  If we could designate an area and have a Storch  fly over and give us some idea, it would be great.  An exposed tank  could be identified, and question marks for everything else.  You could  make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane  having been shot down.  And futher you could make the information only  visible to units within radio contact.

36. Additional Russian campaigns.  And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack?  :)

37. More sound

38. Towable guns.

41.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.

46. Motorcycle troops.

50. Import/export to xml save game file.

51. Exit Objectives.

52. Company formations.

53. Battalion formations.

53. Rejoin formation orders.

54. Sound contacts. 

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 94
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 11:05:06 PM   
sztartur2

List is growing nicely :) .

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 95
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 11:34:12 PM   
Bulldog1

Introduce the (rare) Anti-tank dog.

Progressive damage to buildings before collapse. Making the player have to decide whether to move infantry unit out or take a the chance and stay one more turn.

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 96
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/16/2011 11:53:30 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bulldog

Introduce the (rare) Anti-tank dog.

Would you use a weapon that more often than not attacked your own units and not the enemy?

quote:

Progressive damage to buildings before collapse. Making the player have to decide whether to move infantry unit out or take a the chance and stay one more turn.

See #20.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 97
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:22:05 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

List is growing nicely :) .

Yeah, considering not a single development team member has put his wishes on the list yet.

That list is nothing compared to ours.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 98
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:29:23 AM   
sztartur2

How do the two lists correlate?

Post #: 99
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:44:04 AM   
Mad Russian

At the moment they don't much.

Our list is from years of experience with the game. The customer list is from 5 days experience with the game.

As you might expect they are some very different ideas from both lists.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/17/2011 12:45:11 AM >

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 100
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 1:27:25 AM   
Erik Rutins

There's overlap one many of the key points though, the more minor stuff is often different.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 101
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 4:49:55 AM   
Ratzki

May I add a shorter time span between this release and the release of PC4 as a feature to add to the wish list?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 102
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 5:51:41 AM   
diablo1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

May I add a shorter time span between this release and the release of PC4 as a feature to add to the wish list?

lol Ratzki I 2nd that wish.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 103
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 5:55:40 AM   
diablo1

A 40:0 wide selection battle plan x2

and/or a 30:0 wide selection battle plan x2

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 104
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 6:00:06 AM   
junk2drive

Thirty won't work I found out but 40:0 x2 or more should be.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 105
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 7:17:13 AM   
sztartur2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

Absolutely agreed.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 106
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 7:26:22 AM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

24. Larger Maps.

26. Unit order ques.

28. AA guns.

37. More sound

38. Towable guns.

46. Motorcycle troops.

51. Exit Objectives.

52. Company formations.

54. Sound contacts.  

55. Quicker expansion/game release cycle for future additions to the series.

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 107
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 11:27:54 AM   
Smertin

Mine clearance would be an improvement.

Post #: 108
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:15:25 PM   
Mobius

#54 There is a kind of sound contact now. You can go around the map at low level and hear unseen tanks on occasion.

#53. That would be the Regroup order.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 5/17/2011 12:16:49 PM >

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Smertin)
Post #: 109
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:31:14 PM   
dazoline II

Add more out of the box control of random campaign scenarios, editing all battle files post random campaign build is a PITA to say the least.

Random scenarios in random campaigns seem to have an issue with too many units on the opposing side and not enough units to hunt them all down thus leading to abandoned campaigns.

Such things as being able to control points available to both sides in a campaign and points for victory objectives would go along way to aleviating this.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 110
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 12:51:36 PM   
FNG

A SP:WAW-like long campaign builder would be cool, with options to re-name units and commanders, persistant crews that are not tied to a vehicle (so you don't lose your elite crew because they lost an engine).

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 111
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 2:06:51 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

24. Larger Maps.

26. Unit order ques.

28. AA guns.

37. More sound

38. Towable guns.

46. Motorcycle troops.

51. Exit Objectives.

52. Company formations.

54. Sound contacts.  

56. Mine clearance.

57. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.

58. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.

59. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/17/2011 10:36:20 PM >

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 112
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 2:10:11 PM   
z1812

I would like a better approximation of when a game ends. Often, even though one has all the flags with not much resistance left, the game goes on.

In the same way that the PCK updated Winterstorm I would like the next release to update PCO.

I would also enjoy a chase camera that one could follow a unit with without having to see the rubber bands.

Post #: 113
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 2:18:22 PM   
junk2drive

You can press and hold the alt key to watch the playback without the rubberbands, does that help?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 114
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 8:31:38 PM   
z1812

Thanks J2D. I shall try that.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 115
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 9:37:41 PM   
sage

1. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.

2. Have some kind of warning if the battle is very close to ending.

3. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.

4. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)

5. Ressuply out of ammo units

6. Towed AT guns

7. Continue option for lost random campaign battles -- e.g. not to "Skip" it.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 116
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 10:31:11 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: sage

2. Have some kind of warning if the battle is very close to ending.

You have that now. When the victory levels get close to the top the game is close to ending.

quote:

6. Towed AT guns

See #38.

quote:

This is already an option now.

The skip option is to skip refighting the battle you just lost. If you skip it you go to the next battle. If you don't skip you refight the same battle you just lost.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to sage)
Post #: 117
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/17/2011 10:36:56 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

24. Larger Maps.

26. Unit order ques.

28. AA guns.

37. More sound

38. Towable guns.

46. Motorcycle troops.

51. Exit Objectives.

52. Company formations.

54. Sound contacts.  

56. Mine clearance.

57. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.

58. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.

59. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.

60. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.

61. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.

62. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)

63. Ressuply out of ammo units.

Post #: 118
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/18/2011 12:17:28 AM   
sage

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

This is already an option now.

The skip option is to skip refighting the battle you just lost. If you skip it you go to the next battle. If you don't skip you refight the same battle you just lost.

What I mean is neither -- I don't want to re-fight it, and don't want to skip it. I want the battle to advance the campaign, but be counted as a loss. Best case is that it would effect the type of battle afterward -- i.e. more likely to end up with a hasty-defense type battle following.

Having to refight makes sense for a static campaign, but it makes no sense for a random campaign. Sometimes battles are lost, and you have to just make the best of it...

< Message edited by sage -- 5/18/2011 12:19:33 AM >

Post #: 119
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/18/2011 12:19:20 AM   
sage

* End of battle tally of KIA, WIA etc...

* Running campaign total of KIA, WIA for both sides,

* Running campaign total of battles lost vs. battles won

(in reply to sage)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI