Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 4:09:26 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

Is fog included in the game? There are two things I LOVE (no really!): fog and Panthers. Preferably Panthers in the fog. 

Actually, fog is included as one of the weather conditions that can be used on a map, similar to rain or snow. I have been meaning to make a map using fog, just to see how it looks since it was introduced, but it seems like something else keeps coming up.

Perhaps You can give it a try. It should be covered in one of the Map Maker guide appendices.

Thanks!
Rick

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 211
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 4:12:06 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

Could a generic tree "tile" be added that contained multiple trees on it. Then this could be rotated somewhat for some variety. As well some indivdual trees could be placed to further spice things up a bit. These multiple tree tiles would be now seen as an individual object and not several as is when we have to place individual trees.
Could this then not be used for other terrain type as well.

We tried this as one of the techniques to improve performance, but found that it did not improve performance significantly, and also intrduced some other issues with the way LOS was handled through these objects. But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 212
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 4:19:01 AM   
Mobius

quote:

Larger maps. I that would be good as well. Not just to be able to play on larger maps but to find some way of making the maps a little easier on our systems.
A
If you make a series of 1km^2 - 2km^2 maps you can string together battles on them with the campaign maker. The Kursk south long campaign is essentially an area 5km long by 1km wide. The battles there were fought over several days. There was no way to maneuver around anything as units needed other friendly units on their flanks as protection so had to go straight ahead.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 213
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 6:34:56 AM   
sztartur2

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Has anybody played CMBN on a large map yet?

Edit to add: Does any 3D game besides CMBN have larger than 2kx2k maps that are playable? IF so, what spec computer does it take to run it and is it realistic? RT or WEGO or IGOUGO?

I have played CMBB on large map The quick battle has a limitation of 3X3 km but you could make an operation with 2 battles on a larger map - and you can see the whole big map in each battle. It is one of the operation types the static operation. (WEGO)

I have played CMAK with 4X5 km map.(WEGO)

I have experimented with CMSF map editor and it knows 4X4 km. (Which is also a must because modern equipment is even more lethal at distances.)(WEGO)

I have playes SPWAW it knoes 5X12km if I recall it right (IGOUGO)

I have and still play sometimes WinSPMBT and WinSPWWII the maps can be 8X10 km. (IGOUGO) (See my scenarios that are included in WinSPMBT some of them use the max map.)

I believe a 4X5km map would be very good in PCO no need for more.

< Message edited by sztartur -- 5/26/2011 6:39:37 AM >

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 214
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 6:08:06 PM   
HintJ

Fix the Mortars, please!

Attachment (1)

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 215
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 6:23:14 PM   
sztartur2

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 216
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/26/2011 6:42:09 PM   
Mobius

It comes with the job.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 217
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/27/2011 3:59:20 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: HintJ

Fix the Mortars, please!

that's great, we should change it as a thank you if for no other reason!

Thanks
rick

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 218
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/27/2011 11:03:35 AM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Is fog included in the game? There are two things I LOVE (no really!): fog and Panthers. Preferably Panthers in the fog. 

Actually, fog is included as one of the weather conditions that can be used on a map, similar to rain or snow. I have been meaning to make a map using fog, just to see how it looks since it was introduced, but it seems like something else keeps coming up.

Perhaps You can give it a try. It should be covered in one of the Map Maker guide appendices.

Thanks!
Rick

I'm studying and experimenting the map and scenario editor at the moment, Rich. I'm planning on several GD scenarios or even a GD campaign, but it takes quite some time to get used to it. But you will see fog in my battles for sure.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 219
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/27/2011 12:34:44 PM   
Mad Russian

Takes quite some time to get used to what?

I did the pictorial tutorial for mapmaking to show gamers what to do and explain everything. Are there things that are still not clear about making maps?

Or is there another part of the process that needs to be explained better than we've done already. I want to cut the learning curve down for PCO down to the size of a speed bump in Wally Worlds parking lot.

Let us know what we can do to support your efforts at creativity. We'll do our best to explain whatever is causing an issue.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/27/2011 12:38:30 PM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 220
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/27/2011 2:33:31 PM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Thanks!
Rick

I'm studying and experimenting the map and scenario editor at the moment, Rich. I'm planning on several GD scenarios or even a GD campaign, but it takes quite some time to get used to it. But you will see fog in my battles for sure.

I'm looking forward to them! If you have any questioins, let us know.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 221
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/27/2011 10:41:47 PM   
Ratzki

MR, I think that you pretty much covered all the major points in MM. I have been pretty much playing with the MM exclusively, and it does take some getting used to. I think it is more of how my brain wants to do it and what is the more efficient way (which would be different for everyone) to make a map. I have found that I open both the terrain map and the 8 colour map in paint.net. I then create a new layer in the terrain map. I draw what i want on this layer, then I copy it over to a new layer in the 8 colour map. I just find it easier for me this way. I have a much tougher time working with the 8 colour. I can now crank out a coloured terrain map in a rather short time. Am concentrating on water now, to see what can be done and how to best do it.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 222
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 3:36:56 AM   
Mad Russian

The terrain map and the 8 color are one and the same. Do you mean the height map which is in shades of gray?

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 223
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 4:06:56 AM   
Ratzki

When I select my map and start the process by hitting the two global buttons I get three .bmp files: terrainmap.bmp, heightmap.bmp, and proc_terrain.bmp. The Proc_terrain is the 8 colour and the Terrainmap is just a sized snapshot of the google earth map area that I chose.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 224
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 6:06:52 AM   
Mad Russian

Here is what is created when I make a map. I think what you're referring to as the proc_terrain map is the small tactical map that is used during game play.

Good Hunting.

MR

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/28/2011 6:08:31 AM >

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 225
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 6:21:54 AM   
rickier65

quote:

MR, I think that you pretty much covered all the major points in MM. I have been pretty much playing with the MM exclusively, and it does take some getting used to. I think it is more of how my brain wants to do it and what is the more efficient way (which would be different for everyone) to make a map. I have found that I open both the terrain map and the 8 colour map in paint.net. I then create a new layer in the terrain map. I draw what i want on this layer, then I copy it over to a new layer in the 8 colour map. I just find it easier for me this way. I have a much tougher time working with the 8 colour. I can now crank out a coloured terrain map in a rather short time. Am concentrating on water now, to see what can be done and how to best do it.

I usually let MM create my terrainmap for me entirely and usually only add roads. But in those cases where the Google map doesn't really have good diferentiation between terrain elements, I'll use an approach similar to yours.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 226
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 6:25:45 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Here is what is created when I make a map. I think what you're referring to as the proc_terrain map is the small tactical map that is used during game play.

Good Hunting.

MR

The proc_terrain map is an interim map that Map Maker creates and stores in Dems directory. IMap maker uses it to store the image it creates when you generate the map, and after you say yes to import it, MM creates the TerrainMap from it. isn't used by Map Maker once the Terrain Map is created, it doesn't get placed in the map folder.

thanks
Rick

Post #: 227
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 6:19:38 PM   
Jacko

Just an idea. I haven't got much talent for making maps, but I'm not bad at making OOB's. Couldn't we make a group of people for making maps and another group for finishing them with OOB etc.? I would love to have maps of Wilkowischken (GD attacked there in 1944) or Lauban ('the last German succesful offensive'), so I can make scenarios for them. Anyone interested perhaps?

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 228
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 6:23:14 PM   
Mad Russian

Not a bad idea. To get a group of map makers involved. I know others that like doing the research but not necessarily putting it altogether in a scenario.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 229
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 7:32:32 PM   
Jacko

It is more than I dare to hope for. But it would really work if there are people who want to concentrate on making maps. That way we could launch scenarios, even campaigns a lot quicker and good quality ones too hopefully.

Post #: 230
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 7:37:47 PM   
Ratzki

I like the idea as well. I always liked the map making with CM and am interested in seeing what PC's map maker can do.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 231
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 7:42:45 PM   
Jacko

quote:

I like the idea as well. I always liked the map making with CM and am interested in seeing what PC's map maker can do.

That is what I am hoping for. With CM some very gifted map makers only wanted to make maps, nothing else. And it is amazing what they could achieve. The map editor of PCO is even better, so imagine what can be made with it, if in the right hands. Personally I would love to make a GD campaign, but I know I'm rather hopeless at map making. It was the same with CM, I've started many a map, but was never satisfied enough with it to finish it.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 232
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/28/2011 11:23:59 PM   
Mad Russian

For PCO, all you need to do is post the coordinates for the map and the size. That's all the map maker would need to know to do a map for any scenario designer.

That also makes doing team scenarios much easier in PCO. Because you have an actual location to work from you get exact locations for the map maker to create your map. There should be none of this, " I wanted that next hill to the left where you created this map", kind of issues.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/28/2011 11:24:43 PM >

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 233
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 12:36:55 AM   
sztartur2

I'll first have to chek the map maker.  I have not used it just seen the video tutorial. I like both making maps and scenarios as well. I usually could use playtesting :) .

Post #: 234
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 1:23:06 AM   
Mad Russian

There was a request put to The Proving Grounds and The Scenario Depot II to get PCO included but so far there's been no response.

If need be we can start a playtesting at another site.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 235
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 1:43:57 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pillar

Be able to place all entrenchments in setup

See #40.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Pillar)
Post #: 236
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 1:48:23 PM   
Mad Russian

The current list:

1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button  that branches off just like the  others so it can be given orders  without effecting its subordinates as  it does now.  

2.  Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they  goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.  

3.  Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if   those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game?   Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating.   Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.

4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off  

5. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.   

6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.  

7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just   don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had   LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that   and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still   pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I   see is the objective flags flapping is different.  

The F1 FPS measurement is accurate.

8. When   setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at   the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already   implemented and I had to pick a map to play on. 

Already done and in the Ostfront release.

9. When   choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box  as  well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc.  I'd  like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with  sometimes as  well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type  of unit in the  mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor,  artillery etc. etc.  to get a more random group of units to play with. I  like NOT KNOWING  what I'm going to get to command in a battle the  most.

Already done and in the Ostfront release.

10. To add damage effects to the 3d models?  Like  scratches from  non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do  penetrate, track damage,  etc?  I would love to see that.

11. A unit pause command.

12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically:  what  it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's   displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.

13. Unlimited Ammo feature.

14.  Unlimited waypoints

15.  Moveable waypoints

16.  Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.

17. The ability to transport  AT/Infantry guns.

18. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

20. Destructible buildings.

21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.

Make 3 maps then we'll talk.

22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.

23. Better display of maps to be chosen for Random battles and campaigns.

24. Larger Maps.

25. Larger unit limit when creating scenarios.

26. Unit order ques.

27.  A different color for the message when reinforcements arrive.

28. AA guns.

29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines  indicating which of your units could see him.  That would be much better  than cycling through your units.

30. More verbose messaging.

33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I  see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly  where to look.

34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map  so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like.  It  wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my  small brain from forgetting what I saw.

35. Optional air recon.  If we could designate an area and have a Storch  fly over and give us some idea, it would be great.  An exposed tank  could be identified, and question marks for everything else.  You could  make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane  having been shot down.  And futher you could make the information only  visible to units within radio contact.

36. Additional Russian campaigns.  And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack?  :)

37. More sound

38. Mud terrain doesn't create dust when rounds impact.

39. FOW for entrenchments and trenches. Place during setup phase.

40.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.

41. LOS indicator for what a unit can actually see. A shaded area or something.

42. More diverse experience levels for units beyond the current 3.

43. Infantry taking fire should get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.

44. Cavalry units. Both for infantry and artillery.

45. Motorcycle troops.

46. Kubel Wagons, Jeeps, Gaz...etc. The smaller vehicles.

47. End game on a specific turn.

48. End of game carry over of data.

49. Import/export to xml save game file.

50. Exit Objectives.

51. Company formations.

52. Battalion formations.

53. Rejoin formation orders.

54. Sound contacts.  

55. Quicker expansion/game release cycle for future additions to the series.

55. Mine clearance.

56. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.

57. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.

58. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.

59. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.

60. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.

61. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)

62. Ressuply out of ammo units.

63. Continue option for lost random campaign battles -- e.g. not to "Skip" it.

64.  End of battle tally of KIA, WIA etc...

65. Running campaign total of KIA, WIA for both sides.

66. Running campaign total of battles lost vs. battles won.

67. Different icons for different types of infantry and vehicles.

68. Add a "Next Target" hotkey.

69. Make complex orders possible. Example: Move + Advance + Defend

70. Firing arcs.

71. Better gun crew positioning.

72. Paratroops landing.

73. Unlock the unit view (tab) using the arrows or moving the cursor on the side of the screen

74. Operational level for PC. Which would show units, supply level, etc...

75. Long Campaign (12 - 90 battles) for GD or 5th SS Wiking for expansion/patch.

76. An icon at the left of the HUD that shows vehicles buttoned up.

77. Some way to tell you how long the platoon will be delayed.

78. A face>Engage command. Face the target while engaging. Not just turning the turret towards the enemy.

79. Lock on vehicle view from the outside of the vehicle.

80. Mortars being able to fire at targets out of LOS.

81. North Africa.

82. Cover from vegetation needs to be reduced.

83. 30 second turns.

84. Units in the open should not pin as easily as units in cover. They should break for cover more quickly.

85. Add tree tiles to the game to reduce resources on the CPU for larger maps.

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/29/2011 2:43:03 PM >

Post #: 237
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 1:52:41 PM   
sztartur2

In defending battle the ability of my units to dig in. Si I can choose the position of my fortifications, foxholes and my opponent will not know where my defensrs are.

Modelling speed of turret. To enable some advantage for the lighter tanks whixh turn their turrets faster.

Post #: 238
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 2:06:34 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

In defending battle the ability of my units to dig in. Si I can choose the position of my fortifications, foxholes and my opponent will not know where my defensrs are.

See #39.

quote:

Modelling speed of turret. To enable some advantage for the lighter tanks whixh turn their turrets faster.

Turret speeds are already modeled. Turret speed is more a factor of whether there is an electric motor turning the turret or it's hand cranked than vehicle size.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/29/2011 4:14:52 PM >

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 239
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 5/29/2011 2:25:15 PM   
JMass

The list is very long but, if I am not wrong, #11 and #71 are the same and so #17 and #38.
My personal priority list could be: #11-15-17-27-28-29-40-42-46-80-81. I need no map larger than 2x2km because I prefer small or medium engagements.

< Message edited by JMass -- 5/29/2011 2:47:23 PM >

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI