Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What the Heck is an FTP?????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> What the Heck is an FTP????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What the Heck is an FTP????? - 5/14/2011 1:44:52 AM   
J30G20

Tried, a bazillion times, to download PC-OF using DAP. Matrix Member site kicks me off, every time. Then I get a pop up saying to download from Matrix FTP but, OF Course, it requires a Identity and password......which I don't have (AND Anonymous & Public don't work). So, other than buying the game....could someone offer help or suggestions? Appreciate it.

Len
Post #: 1
RE: What the Heck is an FTP????? - 5/14/2011 2:02:40 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: J30G20

Tried, a bazillion times, to download PC-OF using DAP. Matrix Member site kicks me off, every time. Then I get a pop up saying to download from Matrix FTP but, OF Course, it requires a Identity and password......which I don't have (AND Anonymous & Public don't work). So, other than buying the game....could someone offer help or suggestions? Appreciate it.

Len

I suspect the Matrix member servers are still pretty tied up with downloads.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2811148

Sorry,
Rick

(in reply to J30G20)
Post #: 2
RE: What the Heck is an FTP????? - 5/14/2011 3:20:19 AM   
J30G20

Thanks for the quick reply, Rick. Actually, problem was totally my own fault. Thought I had my firewall down but didn't. Disabled the FW and it downloaded perfectly. So, therefore, I am assuming 30% of the blame for my previous problem. Pretty big of me.

(in reply to J30G20)
Post #: 3
RE: What the Heck is an FTP????? - 5/14/2011 3:23:59 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: J30G20

Thanks for the quick reply, Rick. Actually, problem was totally my own fault. Thought I had my firewall down but didn't. Disabled the FW and it downloaded perfectly. So, therefore, I am assuming 30% of the blame for my previous problem. Pretty big of me.

LOL yep!

Seriously, thanks for letting us know
Rick

(in reply to J30G20)
Post #: 4
RE: What the Heck is an FTP????? - 5/15/2011 8:54:52 PM   
J30G20

Rick and Everybody else associated with Producing this game; Thnak You!. I own PC-WS and PC-K and so was given this as a free download. I appreciate that Very much. I own just about all Matrix Games and am seldom disappointed (Smugglers IV). I would have purchased PC-O even if it had not been a gift. That being said, thanks again.

I would also like to volunteer to be the recepient of all future Matrix games at the price of Free. No need to thank me.

Len

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> What the Heck is an FTP????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI