Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A "Hey, welcome back" topic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> A "Hey, welcome back" topic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/6/2011 9:18:40 PM   
Jay Doubleyou

After months not being able to play due to our time consuming second babygirl I entered the matrix site. And there I saw to my (pleasant) suprise that Matrix AT Gold went gold a few months ago!

Immediately I remembered the countless hours I played AT2. How I loved that game, especially the GPW scenario
Downloaded ATG tonight, intalled and now I am ready to play.
Browsing the forum I see many familiar names 'back' in ATG.

Good to see so many AT2 players. So I started this thread for all those people from AT2 to leave a message here.
Looking forward to play many games with and against you all.
Post #: 1
RE: A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/6/2011 9:47:40 PM   
Josh

Congrats with your second babygirl.

The countless hours of playing AT made buying ATG a no brainer for me too, it's better, nicer graphics, the AI is a tough nut to crack and the additions of ore and oil adds a new challenge. So yeah, all in all a very good buy IMHO.
It still has a few rough edges here and there, but it's loads of fun.
And welcome back.

(in reply to Jay Doubleyou)
Post #: 2
RE: A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/6/2011 11:00:09 PM   
Adam Rinkleff

I really like the random 1v1 maps, but I wish I could find opponents. :<

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/7/2011 7:45:01 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Yes, welcome back JDY. Good to hear that you're still around and congratulations on the family addition. That's some real dedication, two kids an still playing AT !

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Adam Rinkleff)
Post #: 4
RE: A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/7/2011 9:32:58 PM   
Jay Doubleyou

I bought War in the east. Pff what a monstergame. Not enough time to dive into that one.
ATG is much easier to master and the custom maps make it replayable for a long long time.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 5
RE: A "Hey, welcome back" topic - 6/7/2011 11:30:18 PM   
Whydmer

I finally felt I had the time and money to buy ATG last week. I am now slowly wrapping up (I hope) my second small random map game vs. the AI. In the first small random match I played with two AI opponents. One was very close to me with all of his towns except one right on my border. The other AI was on the far side of the map. I thought oh I'll take out the opponent close to me and then move on across the map and by the time the game is over I will be familiar with the new ATG systems. I started building my usual AT forces, moved my garrison units up to the front with the local AI, and... everything fell apart. :)
The AI came at me with way more units than I could easily defend against and with the new emphasis on defense I certainly could not even just pick my battles and wipe the AI out piece by piece. I found for the first time against the AI I actually needed Infantry guns and AT guns, and I needed to improve my logistics to be able to get these units to the front, and... and... I was being pushed back! I finally was able to make a rag tag line where I wasn't losing ground, but I was wasn't gaining any either.

The the far side AI declared war and hit me on my exposed flank where I only had 3 garrison units and a barebones Engineer... :( I learned pretty quickly that while things were similar ATG is a new game.

My second game is going more smoothly. THis time I am only against one AI, and while the production advantages have helped my opponent, poor long term planning has hindered it more. The map had a large lake/sea in the middle of the map. I decided to send the bulk of my forces south around the water feature and grab an isolated AI town, while the AI decided to send its forces north around the water feature to grab an isolated town of mine. The only problem with the AI's plan was that his forces needed to battle through a large pine forest to get to my city, and my light infantry with machine guns and bazooka's could hold him off long enough to allow my southern army to take his city and a Ore location. I've now gone around the lake and taken a second city and my northern army is still pinning the bulk of the AI's army in the the northern forests, and the AI has seemingly not redirected its focus to the south at all.

All in all a good game to cut my teeth on ATG. Maybe soon I'll even master the gumption to play some humans.

(in reply to Jay Doubleyou)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> A "Hey, welcome back" topic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI