Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gas clouds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Gas clouds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gas clouds - 6/12/2011 1:12:31 PM   
Tony Brooks

I have been playing a while and thought I was doing quite well for a newbie. Started as a human, republic government and off I went. Reached 8 systems and 13 colonies (two of those were other humans who I colonized without a problem and one a group of wekkarus I found in an abandoned colony ship.

Didnt locate any futher planets I could colonize inhabitated or uninhabitated so I assume I was a bit timid and should have started to declare war and take some in my way.
Found it diffcult to keep up with research (one point can you build more than one structure at a time on a colony) and still find the ship design a challenge.

Built up a couple of fleets (cruisers and destroyers) and sent one of them (total 11 ships) off to take on a pirate base. I knew the pirates had 10 ships but these were frigates at best so felt confident.
This then is the purpose of the thread. My ships jumped into the base system which is located in a nitrogen oxygen gas cloud. Every ship of mine failed to answer movement and attack orders and simply sat there until they were picked off one by one?

I would have sacked every captain had they survived. I simply let them all perish but as I am liley to find a similar situation what went wrong? Is it the cloud that caused the problem or a variable I dont quite understand yet?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Gas clouds - 6/12/2011 1:50:54 PM   
MaxyGamer

Happened to me once some time ago. Had two or three ships checking some base. Space creatures got them all. Ships failed to fire a single shot or move an inch. Must be a bug. Sorry about your ships. I remember that I didn't bother reloading the game though. If its fresh one, you may try.

Another Q on gas clouds though. I have quite a decent machine running my game. Playing some of the latest and quite demanding games and its all fine but my fps performance in gas clouds drops significantly... shame really. My DW games are otherwise quite smooth.

(in reply to Tony Brooks)
Post #: 2
RE: Gas clouds - 6/12/2011 6:39:19 PM   
Data

The gas cloud in itself will not cause problems but if there is a storm there it can affect shields and after that armor and internals. Did you have a chance to check the components on any of your ships? Were some of them destroyed?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to MaxyGamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Gas clouds - 6/19/2011 4:12:17 PM   
Tony Brooks

I didnt check the components. It happened again when I went back to an autosave and tried again. Very odd though as they didnt move at all let alone fire. I have moved on to a new game now.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Gas clouds - 6/19/2011 6:49:25 PM   
Data

Not moving should indicate engines down / destroyed....even with no fuel speed is reduced but not eliminated. If you still have a save game you can uploaded for Elliot to take a look.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Tony Brooks)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Gas clouds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI