Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uncommon Valor hits store shelves in Finland!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Uncommon Valor hits store shelves in Finland! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uncommon Valor hits store shelves in Finland! - 10/10/2002 10:29:57 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

Uncommon Valor will hit Stockmann department store's shelves on Friday! If you live in Espoo, Tampere, Turku or Oulu, ask your local Stockmann to transfer Uncommon Valor from Helsinki's warehouse, if you can't see it on their shelves yet.

[COLOR=red][SIZE=4]Our price is 49,90 euros. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

I think that's not a bad price. UV costs 72,50 euros ordered from Matrix Games and about 63 euros, if you order from Duchet.com.

We ship anywhere in Finland, without a credit card with postal order (postiennakko, that is). Order yours now: our phone number is 09-121 4335 and my email [email]tuomas.seijavuori@stockmann.fi[/email] .

Starship Unlimited: Divided Galaxies will be next along with a range of other Matrix Products, including the still available Steel Panthers World at War Megacampaigns (WT1942 and LV1941). Megacampaigns will probably be available in very limited amounts, because they don't come in a plastic, "shelf-approved" box.

As far as I know we are the first store worldwide to get Matrix Games' products on store shelves. Thank you Matrix Games staff, especially Mr Heath, for making this possible!

+++ Edit: Click here for contact and product information in Finnish. (The page is under construction, please bear with me. :))
Post #: 1
- 10/11/2002 3:09:58 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

Yes we will all be driving around in company Saabs now. ;)

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Tuomas Seijavuori)
Post #: 2
- 10/11/2002 3:36:48 PM   
Marc von Martial

I still havn´t received the crate of Vodka they promised us ;)

Post #: 3
- 10/11/2002 8:01:30 PM   
U2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]Yes we will all be driving around in company Saabs now. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Saab is Swedish not Finnish:D

Dan

Post #: 4
And vodka is Russian, really ;) - 10/11/2002 8:48:39 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

Actually I think one of the Saab convertible sports cars is being manufactured in Uusikaupunki, Finland. Or at least it used to. Or, you know, something. :)

The first games were sold today. Some of the more eager fans nearly ran to the store to grab their copy, LOL!

I took some pictures of UV on our shelves with a digital camera today. I'll put them on our "Matrix Games @ Micronia web site" (or whatever I decide to call the thing) as soon as I'm done with it. I'll drop you a link for the Matrix Dealers page during the weekend. Probably today.

Post #: 5
Re: And vodka is Russian, really ;) - 10/11/2002 9:08:49 PM   
Merten

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tuomas Seijavuori
[B]The first games were sold today. Some of the more eager fans nearly ran to the store to grab their copy, LOL![/B][/QUOTE]

Some of us prefer to walk and only after the workday. Grumble, grumble. ;)

It seems that I really shouldn't draw up any plans for the weekend. I might just have to spend most of it in front of coral s... Err, computer.

Merten | merten at iki dot fi
Steel Panthers, Fading Suns, and whattanot.

Post #: 6
Woo-hoo! - 10/11/2002 9:10:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ah yes, we have reached the land of saunas, words with too many consonants, and reindeer. ;)

Life is good. :D Thanks, Thomas!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
Re: And vodka is Russian, really ;) - 10/12/2002 4:44:16 AM   
msaario

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tuomas Seijavuori
[B]Actually I think one of the Saab convertible sports cars is being manufactured in Uusikaupunki, Finland. Or at least it used to. Or, you know, something. :)[/B][/QUOTE]

** Start of nationalistic commercial **

Well, actually ALL the Saab convertibles are (still) exclusively built in Finland. So, if you drive one, you have supported our economy :) Too bad the Austrians snatched the future production with some backstabbing deals :mad:

Then again, most of the Porsche Boxsters are manufactured in the same factory (and what I have heard, with better quality than those manufactured in Germany).

You know, we have so much sunshine per year that we excel in making cabriol... eh I mean convertibles, so we gotta make those babies really tight.

And if you are not amazed yet, they used to make Lada Samaras in the same factory - on a different production line, though. If you are lucky enough not to know what a Lada is - it is a Russian designed car (or more like a transportation vehicle from the 80s). They sold so badly in the west that the EU Lada production was halted in Finland. Phew!

** End of nationalistic commercial **

--Mikko

Post #: 8
Re: Finland - 10/12/2002 7:08:48 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

Well, since we already strayed off -topic:

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2322275.stm]BBC NEWS today:[/URL]

The Finnish authorities say a powerful explosion which killed seven people at a busy shopping centre on the outskirts of the capital Helsinki was caused by a bomb. Prime Minister Paavo Lipponen said the blast at the three-storey Myyrmanni Shopping Mall in Vantaa was "an act of terror".

My condolences to the families and friends of the victims. I am confident that the perpetrator(s) will be found and punished by Finnish police and the justice system.

Post #: 9
What the heck? - 10/12/2002 10:19:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm stunned to hear about an apparent suicide bomber in Finland! Condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured. I can't imagine what anyone could hope to gain by such an act. Let's hope any accomplices are quickly brought to justice as mass murderers.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 10
Re: What the heck? - 10/14/2002 2:36:26 PM   
Merten

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]I'm stunned to hear about an apparent suicide bomber in Finland! Condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured. I can't imagine what anyone could hope to gain by such an act. Let's hope any accomplices are quickly brought to justice as mass murderers.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, judging by the information so far, the explosion was a product of one (not quite stable, I presume) person. A fellow who had keen intrest in explosives and not very open personality. The local police have stated that the person had no connection to any organisations.

Suicide is one possibility (and most probable), can't think of any other possibilites.

Horrible thing, and to my knowledge, the worst disaster in the capital area after WW2.

Merten | merten at iki dot fi
Steel Panthers, Fading Suns, and whattanot.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Uncommon Valor hits store shelves in Finland! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI