Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TRACOM: to send or not to send?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TRACOM: to send or not to send? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TRACOM: to send or not to send? - 7/4/2011 3:09:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

Honestly, I think the Chinese AF would have done better given some better airframes to work with. Their pilots were probably trained as well as any pilot in the sponsor nations, but even a well trained pilot will have problems in airframes that are 2 generations obsolete.

Agreed. Later in the war, when they began to receieve ample supplies of phone books so they could see over the instrument panel, their success rate soared.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 31
RE: TRACOM: to send or not to send? - 7/4/2011 4:32:03 PM   
mc3744

IMHO the AI as Japan (I haven't tried it yet from the Japanese point of view) is quite good for the first couple of months, then it collapses.
I'm in 42/04 in my first game vs. the AI and it's already taking an unbelievable beating (no reload, I play it as a PBEM).
It has decided to take Lunga and Tulagi and keeps getting hammered by my strong garrison already in place.
Port Moresby and surrounding area it's another massacre of Japs.
And it got stuck in Moulmein with naval sorties up to Akyab where they are sunk by my LBAs and surface TFs.

Frankly I was surprised it was so good the first few months given the huge amount of variables to consider.
But I feel the AI is just a training dummy, there's no comparison whatsoever with a human opponent.

I don't think you could get those results with any decent human player. But I might be wrong of course.

What I'm saying is that my original question referred to PBEM games. They are completely different from the AI (again my humble opinion).

Nec recisa recedit

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: TRACOM: to send or not to send? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI