Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trading Super Luxuries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Trading Super Luxuries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trading Super Luxuries - 7/6/2011 2:14:45 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

So in my current game, with a lot of energetic exploration and a little luck (or visa versa)I managed to find all three super luxuries first. I immediately colonized the worlds that I could (volcanic I had to mine) and at that point I stopped trading territory maps with the ai empires so that they wouldn't know where these planets are, although I enabled trading the luxuries with most of them so that the cash would start rolling in. The problem is that it hasn't yet. Now I am wondering if they don't know where the luxuries are located their freighters won't know where to go to get the goods. Is that how it works? Or do the freighters somehow know and just show up at the right place and I just need to wait longer (the systems are way out on the edge). I realize that my freighters can do the hauling, but I want MORE MONEY!
Post #: 1
RE: Trading Super Luxuries - 7/6/2011 2:39:37 PM   
Data

The latter explanation is the right one, plus other empires will grab the resources from your borders as well. If they find it on a border space port they will order it there and then your private sector will have to move the goods from the source to that space port. They don't have to get it at the source and distance is indeed a factor.
The absence of maps does not prevent exploration, they just facilitate it.

< Message edited by Data -- 7/6/2011 2:40:10 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Harmonious Hegemony)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Trading Super Luxuries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI