Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tankhead site error??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tankhead site error?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tankhead site error?? - 12/29/2000 6:22:00 PM   
Toey

I just tried to get the new WB Camp at Tankheads site and all I get is a URL error. I got the hard verison but I think I'll need to easy one!!! Can anyone help me get to his site? Thanks

Post #: 1
- 12/29/2000 8:54:00 PM   
Wild Bill

You still may be using his old address. Try this one, Toey. I just tried it and it worked fine...WB http://tankhead__1.tripod.com/campaigns.html Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 2
- 12/29/2000 11:04:00 PM   
David F. Wall

There is some kind of strangeness in the setup of his download. When I downloaded it to a Windows 2000 machine with IE 5.5, it worked fine, but when I downloaded it to a Windows 98 machine with IE 4.0, I had to specify the file extension of .zip explicity, or it didn't work correctly. DFW

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 3
- 12/29/2000 11:59:00 PM   
Harry

Hi... When I want to access This site I get this errormessage: ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying to retrieve the URL: http://tankhead__1.tripod.com:80/campaigns.html The following error was encountered: Invalid URL Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems: Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar) Missing hostname Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Generated Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:55:37 GMT by kln2-t2-2.mcbone.net (Squid/2.1.PATCH1) Can someone help me with that? It seems impossible for me to solve this because I have no influence on kln2-t2-2.mcbone.net . Harry

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 4
- 12/30/2000 1:17:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Harry! In the URL address you posted where did you get :80 that don't belong there. I've tested my whole site with Netscape, Microsoft and a few other browsers with no problem. I will look into this but I'm not sure what to look for. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 5
- 12/30/2000 1:38:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

I have 98 first edition and had no problems.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 6
- 12/30/2000 1:56:00 AM   
Tankhead

Harry let me know if you are still having problem if so I will e-mail the campaign to you. tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 7
- 12/30/2000 2:20:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I have downloaded it twice, once last night and once today and still no problem for me. I am using Win98 with upgrade and IE 5.4. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 8
- 12/30/2000 3:40:00 AM   
Harry

Hi Mr. Wilder and Tankhead! First I want to thank Mr. Wilder for his E-Mail. Now I have the campaignfiles. Thank you very much! You are great! Tankhaed the "80" automatical was added when I manual enter your URL or when I click on the link or when I click on your banner. This is the portnumber so it seems to be ok. For me it looks like a DNS problem that my internetprovider is using. The DNS maybe don't accept URLs with underscores in it. What I want to know if I'm the only one with this error or are there more people out there? Maybe it helps when you can post your IP so I don't need to access a DNS. BTW. I'm using IE 5.5 SP1. Harry [This message has been edited by Harry (edited December 29, 2000).]

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 9
- 12/30/2000 5:12:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Harry: When I want to access this site I get this errormessage: ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved While trying to retrieve the URL: http://tankhead__1.tripod.com:80/campaigns.html The following error was encountered: Invalid URL Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems: Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar) Missing hostname Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
That's exactly what I'm getting - I have learned that the underscore isn't allowed in domain names - and looks like some DNS do have problems with the "illegal underscore" - or it's just that IE is more forgiving than NS4.xx or Opera5.01, but I doubt it. By the way - lot of Tripod sites have the underscores in their names Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 10
- 12/30/2000 7:03:00 AM   
Toey

Still getting the error. I clicked on the link and in the error URL screen it has added an 80 like Harry reported. Is there any way you guys could post the easy version on another site please?

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 11
- 12/30/2000 10:09:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Toey! Check your e-mail. Sorry about the problem but I've been at it all day and there not much I can do about it. So for the very few who can't access my site let me know and I will e-mail the campaign to you. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Toey: Still getting the error. I clicked on the link and in the error URL screen it has added an 80 like Harry reported. Is there any way you guys could post the easy version on another site please?
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 12
- 12/30/2000 12:14:00 PM   
chief

Tankhead: I use IE5.5 and I hit on your underlined URL and went to it (your site) without a hitch. In fact I was able to do it often. If there's a problem getting your site I suspect it's outside your realm....again thanks for your postings and site.... ------------------ Sm:):)th Sailing...chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 13
- 12/30/2000 5:05:00 PM   
Iroq

I'm having same problems as Harry and Arralen...So if you could send me the campaign files. Thank you Iroq

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 14
- 12/31/2000 12:23:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Tankhead: Sorry about the problem but I've been at it all day and there not much I can do about it.
You can - use a legal domain name ... tankhead-1 e.g. ... Don't need the campaign files, was just curious 'bout your site .. Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 15
- 12/31/2000 1:24:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Iroq! You got mail. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Iroq: I'm having same problems as Harry and Arralen...So if you could send me the campaign files. Thank you Iroq
------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 16
- 12/31/2000 1:40:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Arralen! No can't do it's already been use. Unless I change the whole name. After talking to some expert on this subject I was told that in this case it's usually the provider is at fault and some folks don't have all the updates for the OS. Or some of their options are not set correctly. I've done all I could about this problem and it's not in my control to fix. I finally got a good provider and moving my site again is out of the question. Two move since July, 3 provider later is enough for me as this web site as consume a lot of my free time that I don't have. I am really sorry about the problem but I have learn that you can't please everybody all the time no matter what. You have my sincere appologies and I will keep looking into this problem, maybe eventually I will find a fix, knock on wood Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: You can - use a legal domain name ... tankhead-1 e.g. ... Arralen

Tankhead

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 17
- 12/31/2000 6:21:00 AM   
Toey

Thanks fellas! I think I'll check my ISP and my OS. Got the files in the end! Hapyy New Year everyone!

(in reply to Toey)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tankhead site error?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI