Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/2/2011 12:51:13 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo84

Threw together a quick testbattle for this: just 1 Sd Kfz 131 vs 10 soviet infantry squads, no outside interference possible. Attached savegame is the turn right after I ran out of HE ammo. The armoured car clearly sees the infantry, yet refuses to fire unless manually ordered to do so. I let it run for 6 turns after this, and the Soviets just casually walked up to the vehicle and destroyed it. I can confirm the exact same behaviour from Marders as well.

Thanks Nemo, I also need the test scenario in order to load the saved game. The test scenario will be in the Data\Scenarios folder.

Thanks!
Rick

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 31
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/2/2011 6:29:56 AM   
Nemo84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Threw together a quick testbattle for this: just 1 Sd Kfz 131 vs 10 soviet infantry squads, no outside interference possible. Attached savegame is the turn right after I ran out of HE ammo. The armoured car clearly sees the infantry, yet refuses to fire unless manually ordered to do so. I let it run for 6 turns after this, and the Soviets just casually walked up to the vehicle and destroyed it. I can confirm the exact same behaviour from Marders as well.

Thanks Nemo, I also need the test scenario in order to load the saved game. The test scenario will be in the Data\Scenarios folder.

Thanks!
Rick

Ah, didn't know that. Here you go.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 32
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/2/2011 6:58:34 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks!
Rick

Nemo, if you run out of AP and APCR ammo, then the 231 will switch to it's MG and auto-target with it.

But it looks like what isn't happening is that the 231 is only auto-targetting with it's HE ammo. it looks like it doesn't consider the AP ammo as suitable to use vs Infantry. My first thought was that the 231 should automatically switch to the next most lethal ammo again the Inf. But that might have the affect of letting players 'draw off' AP fire from tanks by sending in Inf. then after the AP ammo is gone, sending in the tanks, so that might not be what we should do.

We probably need to look at something that will trgger the unit to use the MG even if it has AP or APCR ammo left (or some other ammo not normally directed at Inf).

Right now though, the unit won't auto select the MG if it's main gun still has any ammo of any kind left.

Thakns
rick

(in reply to Nemo84)
Post #: 33
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/2/2011 3:14:32 PM   
Mobius

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks!
Rick

Nemo, if you run out of AP and APCR ammo, then the 231 will switch to it's MG and auto-target with it.

But it looks like what isn't happening is that the 231 is only auto-targetting with it's HE ammo. it looks like it doesn't consider the AP ammo as suitable to use vs Infantry. My first thought was that the 231 should automatically switch to the next most lethal ammo again the Inf. But that might have the affect of letting players 'draw off' AP fire from tanks by sending in Inf. then after the AP ammo is gone, sending in the tanks, so that might not be what we should do.

We probably need to look at something that will trgger the unit to use the MG even if it has AP or APCR ammo left (or some other ammo not normally directed at Inf).

Right now though, the unit won't auto select the MG if it's main gun still has any ammo of any kind left.

Thakns
rick
The Marder should use it's MG when it runs out of HE. The other rounds don't have much affect on a squad of infantry. Sure it a round actually hit a guy it will do him, but it has no area affect. As Rick said firing at infantry would bleed these precious AT rounds from vehicles before they could be used against armor. If 100 enemy troops were closing on an open topped vehicle it would best it he got the heck out of there.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 34
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/4/2011 5:59:39 PM   
sevenpointsix2

Any idea when the first official (non-beta) patch will be released? Thanks

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 35
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/4/2011 6:47:12 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sevenpointsix2

Any idea when the first official (non-beta) patch will be released? Thanks

I can say that it won't be this week for sure. And I don't expect it to be ready next week. Possibly in 2-3 weeks then? I'm just guessing here of course. Erik may have a better estimate next week.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to sevenpointsix2)
Post #: 36
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/19/2011 11:07:17 PM   
rickier65

Folks,

Just a short update. We had hoped to have the Patch wrapped up this week, but we are still trying to fix one item that is affecting some unit retreats. When we get that resolved we will wrap up the patch.

Sorry for the delay, but we want to get that addressed before releasing the patch. I'll try to give another update next week.

In the meantime, you might want to try out some of Sztarturs maps and scenarios and I'm sure he would appreciate any feedback on the scenarios.

Thanks!
rick

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 37
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/20/2011 12:07:49 AM   
oldspec4

Appreciate the info on the patch status..

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 38
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/26/2011 8:27:10 AM   
sztartur2

So Gents, any news?

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 39
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/26/2011 11:53:56 PM   
rickier65

I know you all don't want to hear excuses, so I normally try to avoid explaining. But since Artur asked, I understand the programmer had some computer hardward problems that delayed work. I think he was able to fix it earlier this week and he was expecting to be able to get back to working on the game code late this week.

I'll post another report next week, unless we something sooner from Erik.

Thanks and sorry for the delay.
Rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 40
RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! - 8/27/2011 12:52:44 AM   
Erik Rutins

I also apologize for the delays. The developer's system was down for a few days. This week we are back to finishing up the update. We are trying to make the next build the last public beta so that we can make this an official release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 41
It's now September. - 9/2/2011 4:54:48 PM   
sztartur2

Another week has passed, another month has passed.

Gents, any news?

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 42
RE: It's now September. - 9/2/2011 7:36:19 PM   
oldspec4

Also would like to know how the revised beta/patch is goin'

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 43
RE: It's now September. - 9/3/2011 3:35:20 PM   
rickier65

We have been working on the patch this past week, but have still not fixed the problem we were hoping to address. We are still working and we will let you know as soon as we have this pinned down.

thanks
rick

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 44
RE: It's now September. - 9/4/2011 2:24:34 AM   
belljack95

Rick - thanks for the update.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 45
RE: It's now September. - 9/9/2011 5:58:48 PM   
sztartur2

Any news? :)

(in reply to belljack95)
Post #: 46
RE: It's now September. - 9/9/2011 11:35:30 PM   
rickier65

Erik is hoping to be able to post an status report this weekend. However, he has been affected by the flooding in the wake of Irene, and perhaps also from the latest aftermath of Lee.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 47
RE: It's now September. - 9/16/2011 12:04:15 PM   
BletchleyGeek

I hope Erik is doing well, though the silence really points out to the opposite

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 48
RE: It's now September. - 9/16/2011 3:25:51 PM   
Jacko

The silence is becoming deafening. 

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 49
RE: It's now September. - 9/16/2011 10:14:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sorry guys, I had a family health crisis this week which kept me away from the computer and work. I will check in with the developer and hope to have this wrapped up next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 50
RE: It's now September. - 9/16/2011 10:45:53 PM   
JMass

The glass could be half full, more time to have the patch and more improved PzKpfw IV in it.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 51
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 3:11:24 PM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

The glass could be half full, more time to have the patch and more improved PzKpfw IV in it.

Yes, perhaps even your StuG IV...

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 52
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 3:36:00 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko
Yes, perhaps even your StuG IV...

Unfortunately no, today I finished the Ausf J but the StuG IV needs more work...

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 53
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 3:55:52 PM   
sztartur2

When do you plan the Pz III series? Also the Shermans look very poor on Soviet side. 

You see there is a high demand for your excellent work

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 54
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 4:18:29 PM   
JMass

Sztartur, the big question here is: is it better to add new models or to improve the existing ones?

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 55
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 4:51:48 PM   
sztartur2

I believe this you know better than me as I have no skills for 3D design. I have a feeling though that the Shermans are so simplistic that only a new model helps. Regarding Pz III I don't know but your question implies that new model is needed everywhere. 

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 56
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 4:52:42 PM   
sztartur2

BTW Jmass wouldn't you want to make a corn grass element for the patch???!!!??? 

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 57
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 5:07:36 PM   
JMass

There was a misunderstanding, I meant: is it better to add new models like the SuG IV, III, StuH42, Nashorn, T-40, Churchill LL etc or to improve the Pz III series and the Shermans (both the 3d models and the skins)?
Regarding the corn grass I could try to make a dds file...

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 58
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 5:24:49 PM   
sztartur2

OK I see. to be frank Shermans are in such a bad shape the need to be overhauled.   Soviets used a lot of them so they are needed.

I very much need a corn dds for my growing number of Hungary maps so if you do it it would be ever highly appreciated!

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 59
RE: It's now September. - 9/18/2011 5:31:19 PM   
Jacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

There was a misunderstanding, I meant: is it better to add new models like the SuG IV, III, StuH42, Nashorn, T-40, Churchill LL etc or to improve the Pz III series and the Shermans (both the 3d models and the skins)?
Regarding the corn grass I could try to make a dds file...

For me the answer is very clear. I would prefer improving the current vehicles, before adding new ones. At the same time I'm very concerned that all this work seems to rest on the shoulders of one dedicated and skilled person. And I'm already worried enough about this game...

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Revised Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI