Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where's my Beaufighters!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Where's my Beaufighters!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's my Beaufighters!!!! - 10/21/2002 8:03:09 AM   
Possum

What about Beaufighters, are they now the correct aircraft type? (Fighter-Bomber)
Also what the replacement Spitfires, have they been added in?
And all the missing bases and Beaches in Australia and New Guinia?
Has the road net been extended to Cairns/Mareeba and Charters towers?
Have you mannaged to re-locate the Coral reef's to the correct hexsides?
Have you added in the missing 9 Sqn RAAF, that was aboard the Australian and New Zealand Cruisers?

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 61
- 10/21/2002 8:06:17 AM   
Joel Billings

I'm not sure, it could be as much as a week or two, or as soon as sometime this week. I don't know David's exact plans.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 62
- 10/21/2002 9:00:22 AM   
Admiral DadMan

2 weeks is cool.

"Scotty, how soon can we take her out again?"

"It'll take about 8 weeks sir, but I'll have her ready for you in two."

"Mr. Scott, have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?"

"Aye. How do you think I kept my reputation as a miracle worker?"

"Your secret's safe with me, Mr. Scott. Kirk out."

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 63
- 10/21/2002 9:34:55 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

We are working hard on v2.0 but it will be a little while..... we let you know when its time.

David

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 64
- 10/21/2002 12:35:17 PM   
demonterico

Hey I've got a couple of tents. WWII surplus.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 65
- 10/22/2002 1:32:53 AM   
Yamamoto

Interesting on the bomb changes. The penetration was reduced for the Allied bombs and the effect was reduced for the Japanese bombs. Can someone explain why that was? And while you're at it, please explain exactly what the difference is between effect and penetration.

Yamamoto

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 66
- 10/22/2002 2:47:54 AM   
Nikademus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yamamoto
[B]Interesting on the bomb changes. The penetration was reduced for the Allied bombs and the effect was reduced for the Japanese bombs. Can someone explain why that was? And while you're at it, please explain exactly what the difference is between effect and penetration.

Yamamoto [/B][/QUOTE]

"Penetration" determines whether or not the weapon in question is able to get through the armor of the particular HL that is struck. If the weapon fails to penetrate its effect will usually be negligable to nada in terms of SYS or FLT damage which represent key/critical systems

"effect" determines how badly the target will be damaged by the weapon if it penetrates the armor. (modified, i would assume via a combat formula to the durability rating of the target)

On why the IJN 250kg'er was not reduced in penetration....i can only speculate as info on this weapon is scarce. My theory, based on how actual hits behaved more often than not was that the IJN weapon was properly base fused giving it a decent semi-armor peircing capability (but its still too high ;) ) in contrast, US GP bombs of the period tended to explode virtually on impact, even with wooden flight decks) Also, if the bomb in question was designed all-around to be more of a penetrator, it has to devote more weight to its shell (to remain intact after impact) at the cost of explosive weight.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 67
- 10/22/2002 4:48:10 AM   
mdiehl

[QUOTE]US GP bombs of the period tended to explode virtually on impact, even with wooden flight decks[/QUOTE]

Most of the US GPs dropped at Midway and Coral Sea penetrated to the hangar deck of IJN CVs. There was some troble with penetrating Mogami/Mikuma in the actions following the main event, but Willmott attributed that (obliquely) to improperly set delays on the fuse.

If you have a source that supports your suggestion that US GP routinely detonated instantly, I'd eb interested in knowing what that source is.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 68
Japanese bombs - 10/22/2002 4:52:11 AM   
wpurdom

Texts, such as Lunstrums's, on WWII refer to the Japs as having both standard HE bombs, they called land bombs, similar to the bombs the US was using, and "semi-armored piercing" or "semi-AP" bombs. I don't know the specifications but there was a difference in penetration quality. When attacking CV's, the Japs would sometimes diliberately mix the two, but if diliberately attacking armored targets, I presume they would just use the semi-AP bombs.

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 69
- 10/22/2002 11:38:43 AM   
Nikademus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mdiehl

Most of the US GPs dropped at Midway and Coral Sea penetrated to the hangar deck of IJN CVs. There was some troble with penetrating Mogami/Mikuma in the actions following the main event, but Willmott attributed that (obliquely) to improperly set delays on the fuse.

What roofs the hanger deck?

What is the definition of "Virtually"

quote:

If you have a source that supports your suggestion that US GP routinely detonated instantly, I'd eb interested in knowing what that source is. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lundstrom for one. Have you read it?

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 70
- 11/1/2002 8:39:26 PM   
corbulo

Reading in Henry Sakaida's [B]Imperial Japanese Navy Aces of Word War 2[/B] that Tainan Airgroup had no Claudes at the beginning of Word War 2. Please remove Claudes from Scenario #17 and replace with Zeros If you need the exact page reference, I will edit this post tonight.

virtute omne regatur

(in reply to Spooky)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Where's my Beaufighters!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI