Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blackhole Stations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Blackhole Stations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blackhole Stations - 7/30/2011 3:03:20 AM   
trogdor826

anyone got an idea of a good setup for a builder that can build resort/research stations at blackholes with out being sucked in?
Post #: 1
RE: Blackhole Stations - 7/30/2011 4:10:17 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: trogdor826

anyone got an idea of a good setup for a builder that can build resort/research stations at blackholes with out being sucked in?

When you want to build a station at a blackhole this is what you can do. Select the Constructor,
then zoom out to the sector map and locate the desired blackhole. Place your mouse cursor directly
over the blackhole and zoom in to it using the scroll wheel or the zoom-in icon at the bottom right
panel. Note there are two areas. The blackhole itself with the swirling event horizon, and a zone
with black diagonal lines just outside of it. Right click in the diagonal zone area and select
what you wish to build. As an extra measure, I also then queue the next order for the constructor
just to make sure it leaves the area. Hope this helps!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to trogdor826)
Post #: 2
RE: Blackhole Stations - 7/30/2011 8:23:28 AM   
Data

Hi trogdor826 and welcome to the forum. We all did assume in the begining that the closer the station is to the BH the better but actually as long as you are in the area of influence you can get the same bonus (the zone with black diagonal lines just outside of it and Ed excellently explained). So no need to get closer to the event horizon.

< Message edited by Data -- 7/30/2011 8:24:11 AM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Blackhole Stations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI