Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are we near yet?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Are we near yet? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are we near yet? - 8/6/2011 1:49:45 PM   
Grim.Reaper

Although not expecting a firm answer, how close are we? Days, weeks, months, before xmas/end of year? Just curious.

Post #: 1
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/6/2011 2:13:15 PM   
sol_invictus

Enquiring minds wish to know.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 2
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/9/2011 2:10:46 AM   
Gil R.

Still months, mainly because:
1) Another WCS project that is a higher priority for both WCS and Matrix is taking up almost all programming and graphics time (though this situation should improve soon);
2) Matrix's production pipeline is such that even if the game were finished a month from now it would have to stand in line behind other upcoming releases for Matrix's internal quality control, marketing preparations, etc. etc.
So, we need to wait for the internal WCS logjam to clear up, and then need to wait for Matrix's logjam.

To go into even more detail, the testing team is waiting for a new patch that will solve a bunch of problems, and having this will help us to establish reasonable victory conditions for each scenario. Once I'm satisfied with the way each of the standard scenarios plays out I can produce additional scenarios (both mid-battle and "what if?"), and once we test those we'll have something. Though I guess we'll need those maps before we can release...

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 3
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/10/2011 1:51:49 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Appreciate the honest answer Gil.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/10/2011 2:10:08 PM   
challlenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

1) Another WCS project that is a higher priority for both WCS and Matrix is taking up almost all programming and graphics time (though this situation should improve soon);

Hello Gil

What is your new project ? If its a secret could you tell us which historical period ?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/10/2011 2:50:31 PM   
sol_invictus

No worries Gil. You well know how patient and understanding we wargamers are.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to challlenge)
Post #: 6
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/12/2011 2:04:08 AM   
Gil R.

I can say that it's WWII. Beyond that I shouldn't say more, simply because this forum isn't the right place for such an announcement. But I do expect an announcement soon. (And then you will understand why that was prioritized.)

Thanks for your patience! We'll get through this period eventually...

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 7
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/17/2011 6:46:23 PM   
madflava13

Great to hear Gil. Appreciate the responses. Good luck with the projects and I can't wait to play them.

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/27/2011 8:04:21 AM   
goodwoodrw

Waiting waiting waiting............. I'm amazed others haven't followed up Gil's comment!

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
RE: Are we near yet? - 8/28/2011 4:40:03 AM   
Gil R.

I think they know there's only so much they can get out of me. I am even less forthcoming with secrets than I am with finished games...

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 10
RE: Are we near yet? - 10/26/2011 11:52:45 PM   
Murat

As you can see below in bold/underlined italics it clearly states 3 months so December 8, 2011.

quote:

Still months, mainly because:
2) Matrix's production pipeline is such that even if the game were finished a month from now it would have to stand in line behind other upcoming releases for Matrix's internal quality control, marketing preparations, etc. etc.
So, we need to wait for the internal WCS logjam to clear up, and then need to wait for Matrix's logjam.

To go into even more detail, the testing team is waiting for a new patch that will solve a bunch of problems, and having this will help us to establish reasonable victory conditions for each scenario. Once I'm satisfied with the way each of the standard scenarios plays out I can produce additional scenarios (both mid-battle and "what if?"), and once we test those we'll have something. Though I guess we'll need those maps before we can release...

And this clearly alludes to the new real time WWII simluation that allows you to experience every second of every hour of every single day WWII lasted with scenarios allowing you to start in 1919 by writing your own treaty to end WWI and finishing in 1990 with the collapse of the Berlin Wall. Buy before you are 20 so you have a chance of finishing a game before you die!

quote:

I can say that it's WWII. Beyond that I shouldn't say more, simply because this forum isn't the right place for such an announcement. But I do expect an announcement soon. (And then you will understand why that was prioritized.)

Thanks for your patience! We'll get through this period eventually...

<Murat has been permanently banned by Gil> on 10/26/2011, 6:54pm

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 11
RE: Are we near yet? - 11/13/2011 8:29:14 PM   
Gil R.

I was hoping to have something more concrete, but we're still in a holding pattern. The priority project has taken longer, and just when it seemed the ending of programming was in sight it was decided by WCS and Matrix to add a nifty new feature to the other game, which pushes back BAB programming by another 2-3 weeks. Without that build there's little testing to be done, so we're in a stall, though not a fatal, nose-diving stall. Just a wait-until-the-engines-kick-in-again stall.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 12
RE: Are we near yet? - 1/11/2012 9:43:57 PM   
bschulte1978

I hate to be that guy, but, "Are we there yet?".    Just kidding guys.  I'll patiently wait for this one.  I'm looking forward to a tactical level Battle of Williamsburg on computer.  I never thought I'd see the day in an official release...

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 13
RE: Are we near yet? - 1/11/2012 10:01:59 PM   
Gil R.

Brett, you have uncanny timing -- I was just logging in so I could announce to the testers and potential customers that today Eric the Programmer has finally been able to resume work on BAB. This comes in the form of beginning to tackle the numerous requests the testers and I have made over the past many months. So soon we will have a new and rather hefty build to start testing again, whereupon I'll be able to continue my scenario work. And more good news: Pixelpusher/Jason is finally able to work on BAB graphics, so those half-finished maps will soon be improved upon.

No release date set, of course, but we're aiming at the middle of the year.

(in reply to bschulte1978)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Are we near yet? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI