Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: games you just keep playing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: games you just keep playing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/14/2012 11:58:19 PM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Fallout 3 rules. I love that game.

I was just playing this again last night.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 91
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/15/2012 1:51:12 AM   
wodin

None sadly. I'm just someone who really hasn't found a game hat I will always play. There are ones I go back to every few months and like Over Flanders Field P3, usually when I get a WW1 RFC obsession going again. I'd still go and play COTA but BFTB UI has spoiled m and I end up missing certain things to much. Also I probably go back every blue moon to play CMBN and really need the commonwealth moduel and maybe I'd play it alot more.

Still on the whole there aren't any games that stand out and I play lots over years.

Post #: 92
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/15/2012 2:45:23 AM   
rwenstrup

Steel Panthers, Ageod ACW

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 93
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/15/2012 3:47:56 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy
2) When struggling in the past finance-wise, my brother gave me some sage advice: "X-Com is a business. Run it like one." Get those engineers to work and sell stuff. Relying completely on the monthly government handout is a recipe for failure.

Been a while since I played this one, but if memory serves, the best early game tactic for boosting your economy is to outfit your guys with stun guns and raid the cultists and gangs. There are two advantages with this tactic.

First there is a lot more shots taken during a mission since the stunned guys get up after a bit and need to get hit again, sometimes multiple times before their side loses. This helps train up your guys early in game. Second, as long as you don’t kill anyone there are no loyalty hits to other organizations that like the people you are raiding, and you get to keep all their gear so you have lots of stuff to sell and use early in game.

Later in game you’ll have plenty to do to keep you busy with all the downed space ships and organization attacks, but for the first few weeks this tactic really helps a lot.

Jim

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 94
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/15/2012 4:47:39 AM   
Three4Flinching

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

None sadly. I'm just someone who really hasn't found a game hat I will always play. There are ones I go back to every few months and like Over Flanders Field P3, usually when I get a WW1 RFC obsession going again. I'd still go and play COTA but BFTB UI has spoiled m and I end up missing certain things to much. Also I probably go back every blue moon to play CMBN and really need the commonwealth moduel and maybe I'd play it alot more.

Still on the whole there aren't any games that stand out and I play lots over years.

Then I will help you. Wear it with pride and your gaming skills will surely improve.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Three4Flinching -- 6/15/2012 4:54:14 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 95
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/15/2012 10:27:24 PM   
shunwick

TOAW.

The only one I will never remove from my hard drive.

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Three4Flinching)
Post #: 96
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/16/2012 3:34:20 AM   
oldbard

for me,

The Grid! http://codeelf.com/games/grid/

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 97
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/18/2012 4:14:53 PM   
bak1atwar

BF2 and COD3 these are the world's best game that I will never stop to play........

[URL=http://download-west-wing.sequd.com/]Watch West Wing Online[/URL] , [URL=http://download-the-sopranos.sequd.com/]Watch The Sopranos Online[/URL]

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 98
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/18/2012 7:10:16 PM   
Trigger Happy

Civ IV - Beyond The Sword

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 99
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/22/2012 11:31:21 AM   
Empire101

LucasArts Rebellion/Supremacy.

But can I get it to work with Windows 7?

No luck so far

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Trigger Happy)
Post #: 100
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/22/2012 10:01:10 PM   
KG Erwin

I recently revisited the Battleground Series. These are very attractive games, especially in using John Tiller's 32-bit upgrades. I saw no need to buy the Matrix versions, as I've had the previous Talonsoft versions for several years. The ones I own are Gettysburg, Shiloh, Antietam and Bull Run. I've personally visited 3 of the 4 sites, with Antietam being the exception.

The Shiloh battlefield is well-kept, Gettysburg is a must-visit, and Bull Run (Manassas) has changed the most.

Now, as for the games, the AI is not very good, but apart from that, these are beautifully -designed. I epecially enjoy the zoomed-in 3D views of the game maps.

Post #: 101
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/22/2012 11:19:09 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Ive been all over Shiloh, my wife was born and raised not 6 miles from there(Crump, Tenn.)  Infact we found a 6lb. smoothbore cannon ball in the mud of snake creek just off of the battle park.  It had about 300 plus round lead balls inside of it along with the black powder packed between the balls.  The powder still smokes but will not flash.  The ball is a hollow iron shot with the packed balls(it is not a cannister round).  We removed the 5 second fuse plug years ago.  If I remember correctly, you could puncher 2 to 5 second slots to set the time for the round to explode.

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 6/22/2012 11:29:14 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 102
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/22/2012 11:59:52 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Ive been all over Shiloh, my wife was born and raised not 6 miles from there(Crump, Tenn.)  Infact we found a 6lb. smoothbore cannon ball in the mud of snake creek just off of the battle park.  It had about 300 plus round lead balls inside of it along with the black powder packed between the balls.  The powder still smokes but will not flash.  The ball is a hollow iron shot with the packed balls(it is not a cannister round).  We removed the 5 second fuse plug years ago.  If I remember correctly, you could puncher 2 to 5 second slots to set the time for the round to explode.

I was born 42 miles from Shiloh and visited it often as a teen. My now adult sons and I have visited 6 times over the last 18 years(since they were 10 and 8). It is a beautifully preserved park. We have also visited Vicksburg, Stones River, Chattanooga, Appomattox, Gettysburg, Antietam, Bull Run and Chancellorsville. BUT Shiloh is special to us and it never gets old roaming that battlefield.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 103
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/23/2012 12:49:41 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Shiloh is one of the last untouch battlefields.  The farming areas around Shiloh are always finding civilwar gear.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 104
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/23/2012 1:39:24 AM   
Rosseau

Yes, it was a long but worthwhile ride several years ago from Cleveland. I remember thinking, "I want to be a Shiloh guide when I retire." That's when people thought they would retire

Post #: 105
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/25/2012 8:18:05 AM   
GFelz

I have never played the fallout series. Is it like Hellgate: London? Where would be the best place to start and is it downloadable?

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 106
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/25/2012 2:05:06 PM   
Nebogipfel

Playing Fallout I recommend starting with the first/second one. They are the originals.
You can get them on GOG. Dont forget the patches from NoMutantsAllowed.

Fallout 3 and up don´t have much to do with the original Fallout (except the setting).
Though they are great games too.

(in reply to GFelz)
Post #: 107
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/26/2012 9:51:32 PM   
Perturabo

Armored Brigade. As always.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Nebogipfel)
Post #: 108
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/26/2012 11:23:28 PM   
ilovestrategy

I was playing Rome Total War again last night. Those German spearmen are tough if you can't outflank them.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 109
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/27/2012 4:37:48 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: hunnyleon

Hi Guys

I am play the game and watching movie & TV show...My favorite game is GTA Vice City because it is a my favorite game....:)
--:)

You can Watch House Online with high quality

My favorite game is whack-a-spammer. Have you tried it?

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Post #: 110
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/27/2012 10:15:14 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Still working on This Hallowed ground(1215am 2 July 63).  The four day campaign.  Computer wise....WitpAE(Pbem) and CivV.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 111
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/28/2012 12:52:35 AM   
radic202

Funny when I am really tired of the newer mainstream games I simply play Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 plus the expansions plus Icewind Dale 1 and 2 and especially Planescape Torment! Heck I own the original boxed copies but DL them from GoG.com (Good old Games) as they are already configured to work in Win7 64 bit. Anyhow just can't seem to ever want to finish those games, just want to play them. I guess I am an OCD RPG player at heart.

[image][/image]

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

Post #: 112
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/28/2012 12:59:56 AM   
Connfire

For me, it is War Plan Orange. I know it has its shortcomings and is based on WitP's original game engine, but I just love the concept of a hypothetical 1920s Pacific conflict!

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 113
RE: games you just keep playing - 6/28/2012 9:11:40 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Connfire

For me, it is War Plan Orange. I know it has its shortcomings and is based on WitP's original game engine, but I just love the concept of a hypothetical 1920s Pacific conflict!

Great game!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 114
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: games you just keep playing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI