Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/9/2011 12:01:34 AM   
jaldaen

Hello All,

I was just wondering what your opinions are in regards to the best heroes for each unit type. I'm just starting out and would love to have some perspective about how good or awful my heroes are. For example, I got a Pionere with +1 Movement, which seems good to me, but I don't know if that's true or not b/c it's hard to tell if attack, intiative, etc. are better.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Joseph
Post #: 1
RE: Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/9/2011 5:00:04 PM   
Rood

Imo nothing beats +3 attack .

It really depends on the class, spotting is in most cases useless, unless it's on a recon unit.
Movement bonus is good on most classes except air units, the lower the movement the better the bonus is, as indeed for pioniere and (towed) artillery.
Initiative is reasonably ok, the way it works now is that your initiative really needs to be significantely higher than the defending unit to have them not shoot back. So if you take the pioniere unit again a +2 initiative bonus could really be a huge bonus when attacking other infantery but be of little use when attacking a AT unit.
A range bonus (which I have only ever seen once on one of my artillery units) is quite nice to have aswell.
I personally do not really like defense bonusses, I prefer to kill enemy units instead of taking less damage myself, though I did have a strategic bomber with +6 defense I think and that was quite good at surpressing enemy AD units .

(in reply to jaldaen)
Post #: 2
RE: Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/9/2011 5:12:51 PM   
jaldaen

Rood,

Thanks for your insights. I thought movement was good for those pionieres... I hadn't thought about it being useful for towed artillery. As for initiative, I was wondering about how that worked exactly. Range on artillery does sound pretty nice. ;) I also tend to prefer attack to defense, but your stategic bomber sounds like a fun unit.

Best Wishes,
Joseph

(in reply to Rood)
Post #: 3
RE: Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/10/2011 1:26:48 AM   
Locarnus

I have a se tank unit with 2 leaders giving movement +1 and 5 others with one such leader.
So now I have 5 tiger II tanks with movement 5 and a maus tank with movement 5!

And a maus tank with 5 movement and 14 overstrength is really useful...

(in reply to jaldaen)
Post #: 4
RE: Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/10/2011 7:17:36 AM   
Rood

In regards as how initiative works, I'll quote from this post

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Horseman78

Its not like it was in PG. in Panzer Corps killed and surpressed points might still get to shoot back!

For every initiative point more the first firers have then 20% of the suppressed/killed dont get to shoot back.

Example:
You have initiative 4 your opponent 3 so you shoot 1st and kill/surpress 10 strength points. As you have only 1 initiative higher only 20% dont get to shoot back so you still take 8 return shots.

Example 2:
You have initiative 10 and your opponent 5 so you shoot first and kill/surpress 10 strength points. As you have 5 higher initiative none of those points get to shoot back (5*20=100%)

I think the computer caculates the percentages individualy for kills and surpressions so sometimes you might get slightly odd results but I'd need to do further testing to confirm this

Well hope that helps

However when the attacking unit is at 6 strength and the defending unit at 10 then even if the attackers have +5 more initiative the defenders can shoot back.

This is from the gamerules.pzdat
# The following parameter specifies how many shots a unit puts in before the opponent can shoot back, 
in percent from all shots a unit does in combat, for each point of initiative advantage.    
ShotsPerInitiativePoint    20

Back to leaders again, a few games ago I got an artillery unit who gained a spotting bonus . That really is next to useless. It would be cool if a bonus like that would be able to improve accuracy instead, so more kills/surpressions.

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 5
RE: Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types - 8/10/2011 5:10:56 PM   
greykemp@gmail.com

Since I have ZERO units with bonuses I agree that some filter that a least makes a bonus USEFUL for the unit would be nice. 

dig In

(in reply to Rood)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Best/Worst Leaders for Unit Types Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI