Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unexplained losses in production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Unexplained losses in production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unexplained losses in production - 8/27/2011 11:37:40 PM   
Limelight

I'm experiencing a distinct diff between what a city is producing and what is reaching the HQ assigned to it.

City Prod screen says I'm producing 124 Rifles, yet only 42 reached the HQ at the front line.

Does distance matter? Do I need to set up a 'Depot' HQ at the city and then transfer the units/supply to the front line HQ?

Edit - It's quite possible that my (scribbled) notes are wrong too, but it seem like I'm not getting the supply amounts I'm expecting either. I need to start a new game and spreadsheet this mebbe. Perhps I'm just too greedy and faulty of memory :)

< Message edited by Limelight -- 8/27/2011 11:42:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unexplained losses in production - 8/28/2011 12:09:43 AM   
british exil

Limelight does the HQ have a direct line to the city? Are the roads cut off? If your Hq has moved off the road net and is marching through terrain they will sooner or later fail the supply request. They will get less than what was designated for them.
The HQ is on the same continent as the city? No enemy navy has disrupted your sea routes?

The city producing the rifles should produce 206 rifles on the next turn. 82 from the previuos turn plus the 124 for the next turn. Unless you've changed the prduction lines.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Limelight)
Post #: 2
RE: Unexplained losses in production - 8/28/2011 12:18:57 AM   
Limelight

yeah - same continent - connected by roads, although possibly a very circuitous route. All safely behind my lines. The only thing I can think of then is perhaps I moved the HQ one hex ahead of my road-building Engineers accidentally for a turn.

It is a relief to know that the production is not 'lost' and just will arrive late (whew).

So to double-check....Distance, as long as there is a safe road network connection, is not a factor at all then? And it requires no transport unit capability for production of any kind to reach an HQ from it's prod city?

Totally Apprec the info mate! 

< Message edited by Limelight -- 8/28/2011 12:20:36 AM >

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 3
RE: Unexplained losses in production - 8/28/2011 12:45:15 PM   
Josh

Distance usually is not the problem, I think it may even be 250 movement points, something like that. So that's a huge distance. You probably moved the HQ on a hex too far from the roads/ across a river maybe?
It can sometimes happen that you have take a city, start producing things/supply, but that not all of it arrives at your SHQ. That's because the infrastructure is considered to be damaged, hence not all of it gets shipped. The things you already did produce don't get losted, they arrive "late".  
Like Mat says: "The city producing the rifles should produce 206 rifles on the next turn. 82 from the previuos turn plus the 124 for the next turn. Unless you've changed the production lines." When you*do* change the prod. tab *then* the production will be lost. Well there are four to choose from, so you pick another production tab.

(in reply to Limelight)
Post #: 4
RE: Unexplained losses in production - 8/28/2011 2:23:00 PM   
Strategiusz

Just click on the city hex and then on the gas can button. Is the HQ in green range?

< Message edited by Madlok -- 8/28/2011 2:25:32 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Unexplained losses in production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI