Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wish for Update: Air Recon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Wish for Update: Air Recon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/1/2011 2:58:47 PM   
_Flin_

Hi there,

I am currently starting to play PC, and I just love it.
In my campaign I am just about to invade Russia (playing on Field Marshal, and having won all scenarios, although no decisive victory since Norway.
Furthermore, I play Multiplayer against a friend of mine via PBEM.

One thing I noticed, however, is the lack of aerial reconnaissance. I'd really like an air unit to scout around. So I want to propose the addition of Recon Air Planes. It doesn't have to be a new class, maybe a fighter plane with weak fighting skills, good air defense and a lot of fuel. Add a spotting of 3 or 4.

This would really help a lot and add another realistic part in the game, as long as you want to trade information for a unit.
Aerial reconnaissance played a big part in the war. Be it Operation Rheinübung, when Bismarck and Prinz Eugen were spotted due to it, be it the Battle of Midway etc.

The US had the F-4, based on the P-38E, the F5, based on the P-38G and the Mustang F-6.
The UK used modified Mosquitoes and Spitfires.
Germany used the FW-200 Condor, Junkers Ju 290, Dornier Do 215, Heinkel He 111, Dornier Do 17 and Junkers Ju 88 for long reconnaissance, and Henschel Hs 126, Messerschmitt Me 110, Donier Do 17, Junkers Ju 88, Focke-Wulf Fw 189 and Junkers Ju 290 for close reconnaissance.

I'd love to have some air recon. What about you?
Post #: 1
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/1/2011 3:10:55 PM   
greykemp@gmail.com

Just turn off the Fog of War to get the same effect.

The Player already gets more information than the ground units usually had. HQ might know approximately what is defending a sector but the grunts didn't know if there was an AT gun or a Tiger behind the next hill.

dig In

(in reply to _Flin_)
Post #: 2
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/1/2011 3:21:42 PM   
_Flin_

Fog of War is essential.
Without FoW there is no need for any recon, is there?
No ambushs, no surprise Fallschirmjäger attacks, no surprise artillery. How boring ;-)

I just like to do some reconnaissance with my air units and in the multiplayer have wished for such a unit. And I cannot see the point why it is missing from the roster. Since it played a huge part in the war. Furthermore it seems to be easy to implement. Just remove the guns, add fuel, maybe some movement and air defense to represent the higher speed and altitude.

Surely it is possible to live without it.

(in reply to greykemp@gmail.com)
Post #: 3
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/2/2011 7:10:43 AM   
GlobalExplorer

Me too, I always wanted to see recon planes. Why not allow planes like Fi156/Fw189 etc to move multiple times like any recon unit?

(in reply to _Flin_)
Post #: 4
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/3/2011 1:30:31 AM   
El Condoro

A tactical bomber (so can't give support fire) with a spotting range of 3, reduced defense stats and the recon move trait should do it.

(in reply to GlobalExplorer)
Post #: 5
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/17/2011 11:43:20 PM   
mentatt76

yea. An aerial recon would be nice.

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 6
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/18/2011 2:04:40 AM   
Razz1

I have recon in my Mod and am testing it now.

< Message edited by Razz -- 9/19/2011 2:22:03 AM >

(in reply to mentatt76)
Post #: 7
RE: Wish for Update: Air Recon - 9/19/2011 12:12:18 AM   
AceDuceTrey

The lack of an adequate simulation of aerial recon was my first disappointment in PC. Not that I want special recon airframes, just multiple movement capability for fighters (simulating very low altitude photo reconnaisance). Note that this would also support a primary mission of "Swing" or multi-purpose fighters performing Battlefield Air Interdiction (BAI/armed reconnaisance).

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Wish for Update: Air Recon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI