Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 12/31/2011 2:10:44 PM   
PaxMondo

Watching your China offensive with great interest.

BANZAI!!

Pax

(in reply to Durbik)
Post #: 241
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 6:06:34 AM   
koniu

Hi, i am back.

After new Year weekend and big headache, am sick now so turn rate is little slow. But i thing tomorrow we will return to 1 turn per day ratio.

31 MAR 42

Most important is that invasion bonus is gone:( Now we will see what i am worth.

In last day of invasion bonus troops have landed in Onotoa. Heavy CD fire sunk one xAK and xAKL killing 250 man in process. In ground shock attack we lost 2000 man to 200 enemy.
Good new is that we manage to reduce fort level from 2 to 0 and still have 220AV vs. 40AV enemy. No enemy combat squads on island so AV is from non combat. Tomorrow 150 Kate's will bomb island to soft enemy little and give time to rest to jap ground units.In two days we will attack.

On Java another attack in Batavia we lost 1000 man enemy 500. Good news is that we reduce fort to 1 and losses are mostly by disable. One of base in middle of island was occupied bu Jap last turn cutting of around 3000 dutch we will arrive to enemy hex tomorrow and shock attack them. I hope they will be all destroyed in first attack

In china i nedd two more weeks to have everything on place to start.

BURMA
It is my biggest problem right now. My disaster and biggest mistake. I am transporting everything available there but i am still 3 month behind whew i should be.
Rangoon 40k enemy troops I do not think they are all combat but it is big force to defend city. Only available option will be to go around city and maybe we Docup will not risk to live those troops under siege and will retreat them of course with some resistance.
He is bombing my AF in east of Rangoon (cant remember name). I have lost few planes on ground last turn. I give orders to night strike his AF. In day i set 100 fighters (55 Oscars, 45 Zeros) on CAP, I hope night bombings and heavy CAP will hit few planes.

Ambon/Timor

I am preparing to Timor. I want land there and cut off Ambon.
I spotted few enemy ships in Ambon hex but my planes to not want to attack them. I also do not want to sent there SAG because of Minefield in hex. I will try to find them when they will return to Darwin, To make this happen i send 4 DD to patrol area between Ambon and Darwin. If i get lucky maybe allies send something bigger to intercept those DD and my TB will have something worth of flying.

Philippines
Problem in Mindano. I have by accident ground bombard enemy troops there and now he know that he have advantage there. 400 vs 200 AV. My troop holding but not for long. Full ID will arrive there in 3 days to clean that mess.

CL Natori safely arrive to Sumatra port and join there with two damage by mine DDs. One of DD is 95 flood but i think he will survive. They will sail to Singer to repairs. Havy damage DD will stay to repair some no major damage.

Ki-48 production ended. I have start Ki-49-I production. In last 5 days Ki-49-IIa advanced 24% to 7/42.
I start also building A6M2-N (10 per month)

I think firs one or two full repaired 30 size A6M3 factories will be on line in end of April and i will be able to accelerate A6M3a earlier i was planing.

When Docup will send me next turn i will post some pictures.
If any of You have idea what to do with Burma, i waiting for advise

Back to bed. i still not feel well

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/4/2012 2:54:51 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 242
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 12:02:26 PM   
obvert

quote:

Do you have any free Divs?

The troops in Rangoon should be a POW camp at this point in the war. They are not good quality and can't be more than a Div or two worth when you count the base force numbers and other support. A few good Divs would do the trick I'm sure. In the meantime I would definitely cut their retreat and secure good defensive bases north and east of Rangoon.

Keep bombing the airbase and limit any fort building and get your armies there soon. Any longer and you risk major reinforcement. But you should also have Netties on the prowl nearby for any ships coming in.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 243
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 12:56:13 PM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

Do you have any free Divs?

The troops in Rangoon should be a POW camp at this point in the war. They are not good quality and can't be more than a Div or two worth when you count the base force numbers and other support. A few good Divs would do the trick I'm sure. In the meantime I would definitely cut their retreat and secure good defensive bases north and east of Rangoon.

Keep bombing the airbase and limit any fort building and get your armies there soon. Any longer and you risk major reinforcement. But you should also have Netties on the prowl nearby for any ships coming in.

In two weeks i should have there 1500-2000AV+ of power near Rangoon(now have 1 ID and 5 Tank units). I am now transporting everything what i have available. When Batavia fall i will take one or two div from Java and transport to nearest passable base to Rangoon. I also have 3 small units marching on jungle road to north Burma.

I have Betty`s in Bangkok. Last week they sunk British CA and CL. Brits trying to intercept Transports south of Rangoon

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/4/2012 1:02:31 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 244
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 1:06:51 PM   
PaxMondo

Oh ... Burma still in Allied hands in April .... not so good.  So you have to assume that he has high fort levels everywhere in Burma and that he has been able to pump a LOT of supply into China by now. 

The first point means that taking Burma is going to be slow and costly.  His India divs are now training up, and should already have added ~10pts exp ... maybe more.

The second point is actually the bigger issue.  IF your opponent has been actively pumping supply into china, he could already have 100,000's supply in china in addition to having already reinforced most of his LCU's and built up fortifications.  So not only is he potentially got a very strong defense there, but he may very well be looking to commence offensive operations in about two months once he gets his China div's trained up a bit more.

It looks as though this game is going to be very interesting.  As opposed to some games where it becomes a stalemate from 6/42 -> 9/43 with little action, I think you are going to be VERY busy in Asia the whole time.

Pax

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 245
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 2:19:44 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Oh ... Burma still in Allied hands in April .... not so good.  So you have to assume that he has high fort levels everywhere in Burma and that he has been able to pump a LOT of supply into China by now. 

The first point means that taking Burma is going to be slow and costly.  His India divs are now training up, and should already have added ~10pts exp ... maybe more.

The second point is actually the bigger issue.  IF your opponent has been actively pumping supply into china, he could already have 100,000's supply in china in addition to having already reinforced most of his LCU's and built up fortifications.  So not only is he potentially got a very strong defense there, but he may very well be looking to commence offensive operations in about two months once he gets his China div's trained up a bit more.

It looks as though this game is going to be very interesting.  As opposed to some games where it becomes a stalemate from 6/42 -> 9/43 with little action, I think you are going to be VERY busy in Asia the whole time.

Yep. All he said.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 246
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 3:07:32 PM   
koniu

Obvert, PaxMondo, thank for advise.
I aware of my mistakes. They are mostly from lack of experience. I was made wrong choses about priority of targets and forces to capture it. And in end i found me in this situation.
I have no other chose to attack Burma and close Burma road asap. If not it will be worst.
It is going to be bloody campaign but this or i will lose war in `43.
Next time i will be smarter

1 APR 42

I can tell that air trap in Chiang Mai was success. Allies came uncoordinated with bombers in first and third wave and fighters in second.

Allies losses: 21xBlenheim IV, 14xHuricane IIb, 5xB-17D, 2xHuricane IIa (42 planes)
Japan loses: 9xKi-43, 8xA6M2 5xKi-21, 2xKi-30 (24 planes total, 8 on ground, 8 pilots KIA)

Night rides on allied AF do not fly.
Japan gain 4 new aces today. And now have 9 of them.Japan has also 16 living pilots with 4 kills.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/4/2012 3:35:20 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 247
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 4:38:25 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

Obvert, PaxMondo, thank for advise.
I aware of my mistakes. They are mostly from lack of experience. I was made wrong choses about priority of targets and forces to capture it. And in end i found me in this situation.
I have no other chose to attack Burma and close Burma road asap. If not it will be worst.
It is going to be bloody campaign but this or i will lose war in `43.

Mistakes? I would never go that far, how about non-optimal choices?

Still, I don't think you have lost this game yet, but you've got a tough road. I agree, I would focus on closing the burma road. That means expansion after the DEI will likely be quite limited. So, then in the Pacific you really have to focus on getting your defenses set ... maybe taking a few more small outposts for advanced warning, but not much else. Obviously, watch out for the northern route. GJ has shown how disastrous that can be.

Then in Burma, you are going to have to really get your forces there. Get your plan laid out, start your force preps so that once you start you can keep it going. And yes, you have it correctly stated: it will be very bloody. You should be able to hold the air, and that will your first requirement. Take control of the air and keep it.

At the same time you really have to watch your China theatre. I would be very concerned about an offensive starting there. It is what I would do as a distraction and it could really hurt you. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 248
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 10:05:16 PM   
koniu

quote:

That means expansion after the DEI will likely be quite limited. So, then in the Pacific you really have to focus on getting your defenses set ... maybe taking a few more small outposts for advanced warning, but not much else. Obviously, watch out for the northern route. GJ has shown how disastrous that can be.

I know. My expansion plans ware cut few weeks earlier. And now i am focusing on finishing job in Java, later Ambon and Timor. I am already fortifying bases in DEI and preparing to defense.
I pacific i have plan to land in Adak. But it is still in early stage. Soon i will end operation in Gilbert`s and from some time fortifying Marshals. In Salomon`s i preparing PM to defense and other important bases. I know i will lose PM, but with good fight.

I am also aware of supply situation in china so my tactic will be to avoid frontal assaults on fortified targets. I will try to isolate and destroy enemy on my terms. I also know that sooner o later ( i will bet sooner) he will attack so all available units building forts.

As to northern route i read that AAR and i know have danger that road is for me. There is also big chance that current situation in Burma will born plan in Docup head about main offensive in this part of world, and not through pacific, trying to cut me from DEI and killing my economy. But we will see.

One thing we can be sure. It is going to be interesting game. Regardless of result i will try to have fun.

I hope i am not firs player who "forgot" about Burma

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 249
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/4/2012 11:09:00 PM   
PaxMondo

Adak at this point is likely garrisoned. Go in heavy. Make sure you get it on the first try. I beleive it is a critical part of the northern defense, a key tripwire. The allies have to take it before they can advance to the kuriles ...

I don't think he has the force to take the DEI until '43 ... but if you can't take Burma, he could assault Shanghai/Canton. That would be a disaster, putting 4E's within range of the HI in 43. Worse than losing the DEI ....

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 250
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/5/2012 5:36:31 AM   
koniu

quote:

Adak at this point is likely garrisoned. Go in heavy. Make sure you get it on the first try. I beleive it is a critical part of the northern defense, a key tripwire. The allies have to take it before they can advance to the kuriles ...

I don't think he has the force to take the DEI until '43 ... but if you can't take Burma, he could assault Shanghai/Canton. That would be a disaster, putting 4E's within range of the HI in 43. Worse than losing the DEI ....

I preparing to Adak heavy forces but it will take some time. Plan is to land in Adak and in few small bases. I also want to force Allies to some kind of naval reaction.

Docup is holding his forces back and only big naval actions with KB was during PM invasion and he only react there because he did not know about KB presence.
I know that he have his CV near Gilbert`s but they are hiding and do not want to fight with KB. I do not blame him, but it will be nice to have chance to sunk some his ships on own terms and not waiting until he decide to attack. I have few months of advantage on sea, later KB will lose it every day.

If he do not react, i think first chance to fight his carriers will be attempt to recapture PM. I do not imagine to land there without CV support. Of course i will not defend PM in all cost, but he need to pay high price for it.

As to Burma, i will need to fight there to last soldier. Losing Shanghai will be disaster so we will fight with sticks i i need to. All available units will be transfered there to avoid shame of losing in `43.

I have good felling about this. I will focus now on Burma and in month from now i hope it will look better. I also have good feeling about China offensive.
Next two months are going to be fun.

PS. From last week i have rapports about 40k man in Rangoon. Suddenly today it is 18k with DL 9/10 every day. I am reckoning all bases and i do not see any extra troops in north Burma. Earlier it was 20k but i see 2k(DL 9/10) man in wooden hex north of city so 18+2=20. What happens with that 20k man??? FoW?

I will attack Rangoon from Air i hope it will give me extra info about units there.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/5/2012 5:56:35 AM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 251
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/5/2012 1:03:33 PM   
PaxMondo

Allies can take PM without CV support if they have enough 4E's.

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 252
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/5/2012 3:35:14 PM   
koniu

quote:

Allies can take PM without CV support if they have enough 4E's.

Ok, I forgot about them

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 253
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/5/2012 3:48:51 PM   
koniu

2 APR 42

Burma
I will not report about burma until i will have good news

Java

After 5 days of siege Batavia fall. All units destroyed. Java is cut in half. Time to take Soearobaja. I taking one ID from Java to Burma.

Ground combat at Batavia (49,98)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 40960 troops, 393 guns, 143 vehicles, Assault Value = 1298

Defending force 16752 troops, 175 guns, 97 vehicles, Assault Value = 375

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 637

Allied adjusted defense: 315

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Batavia !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
C.XI-W: 1 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 1 destroyed
B-339D: 1 destroyed

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-)
Attacker: fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
1611 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 89 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 38 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 11 (5 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
8892 casualties reported
Squads: 466 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1301 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 26 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 211 (211 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 123 (123 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 20

Gilbert`s Island

Onotoa captured. I will now take asoult units to Japan they are in mess. 50% killed. Eng units already sailing to build base.
KB and suport SAG refueled and returning to Truk.

Ground combat at Onotoa (137,135)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5951 troops, 71 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 241

Defending force 5701 troops, 201 guns, 198 vehicles, Assault Value = 54

Japanese adjusted assault: 49

Allied adjusted defense: 18

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Onotoa !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-1 Dauntless: 1 destroyed

Combat modifiers
Defender: disruption(-), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
1713 casualties reported
Squads: 77 destroyed, 31 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 16 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 22 (11 destroyed, 11 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
3478 casualties reported
Squads: 77 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 667 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 63 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 213 (213 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 291 (291 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 6

2nd/102nd Infantry Bn /1 They are new here. Air/sub transport?
98th Coast AA Regiment
104th USN Base Force
2nd Marine Defense Battalion
46th Construction Regiment
A Det USN Port Svc

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/5/2012 3:51:14 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 254
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/6/2012 7:50:30 PM   
koniu

3 APR 42

Allies 4E` attack Kendari and PM. I will not be able to build forts in PM so holding base will be HARD. At lest allies are focusing on PM and leaving other bases alone so they can build.

Problem:

I have 3 ID ready to transport to Burma. They need to be there asap.
they are 3 ways to get them there.

1. Safest but slowest - Unload them in Bangkok and from there by foot or rail. At lest 5-6 weeks of time to do that or more.

2. Medium danger and medium time. Use ships and transport them to to Tavoy and from there on foot. 3-4 weeks to do that.

3. Very danger but fastest - Use ships and transport them to Moulmain. 2 weeks
(Moulmain port and AF totally destroyed by enemy, no chance to repair, so no chance to CAP and only LCAP available)
No carries support available at lest for 10-15 days, so only SAG and LBA support. I am rushing CVLs from Pacific but not sure they make it.

I will have 150 fighters and 90 G4M1 bombers with torpedoes available, operating from Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
On sea 2xBB, 9xCA, 8xCL and 25xDD

Estimated enemy forces 2xCV, 4xBB, 2xCA, 15xCL 20xDD

We all know that time is essence. Every week make Burma situation more depressing.
Is risking live of 3 ID and some ships is worth of trying plan 3 or only 2. Or maybe best for me will be option 1??

Any advise for more exp players?

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/6/2012 8:13:09 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 255
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/6/2012 8:21:41 PM   
PaxMondo

OK, first let me state that I am pretty conservative, so I would walk them.

BUT, if I was to try the landing a Moulemein:
1. Ampib load
2. no supplies, troops only
3. smaller xAK ... and expendable ones. xAKL's if I can. So huge convoy.

Goal is to have them unload in one day. I would plan to lose a lot of xAKL's, but only lose a few squads ... mostly AFV's and Mot Support as they off load last. Get more LBA if you can ... If he commits his CV's you want to be able to smack them hard ... any Kate air groups around? Get some Mavis/Emily up there for patrol. You need to spot him when he leaves Columbo ...

BUT FIRST:
You have to gain air superiority first or you've got no reason to commit ID's there. They won't survive in a hostile 4E environment. I would be trying to get +100 Engr's to Moulemein to repair/expand that AF and LRCAP it. Your pilot losses will be low as you are fighting over your AF. You need to have a surfeit of planes though, as in CAP you are going to lose more than you would if you could sweep. And given the date I think you have to find another 3 fighter groups ... I think you need at least 250 fighters at this point to take control of the air. Your pilot training program should be spitting out sufficient fighter pilots now. Integrate those new fellows into your air groups. Once you have Moulemein secure and built up, then pork those 3 ID's into it. He'll have to commit his CV's to stop you ... let him. If I had to, I would trade 3 ID's to get his CV's. But that would only be a really bad die roll outcome. If you are ready, most likely outcome would be to lose some +20 squads, +10 xAKL's, and +50 ac to get his CV's. A fine trade for IJ. By this time, you will likely have another 2 or 3 divs ready to commit. 6 ID's, you should be able to force him out of Burma at this time ... gonna be bloody, but ....

Just my thoughts. Remember, I play AI exclusively at this time and I am very conservative. So use these ideas as you see fit ...

BANZAI!!!

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 1/6/2012 8:22:40 PM >

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 256
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/7/2012 1:10:45 PM   
koniu

4 APR 42

Normal day.

In Java allies retreated to Soerabaja. 17k man spotted, other bases are empty. Troops are moving to attack city. Bombers re-based to Batavia and will start Soerabaja bombings.

I have decided to land in Moulemein but also i want to use this operation to sunk some enemy ships. In 3 days eng will land in Moulemein and start repairing AF - more will come by land later. I will have there also 3 AAA units in 3 days(moving by ground). Additional AC are flaying to area.
Air HQ full of torpedoes. Betty's searching on max range in direction when enemy can come More Patrol planes is flying to support search effort.

In 10 days i will have MKB (3xCVL, 2xCVE) in Singer. They will give extra firepower.
I do some math. I think d-day will be in 17-20 days.

PS. In Rangoon allies have: 36k man
- 1st Burma Division
- 16th Indian Brigade
- 46th Indian Brigade
- 108th RAF Base Force

I trying to keep Rangoon AF damaged (30 currently) to stoop them of building forts

EDIT: In Soearabaja 30k troops

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/7/2012 4:43:21 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 257
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/7/2012 5:06:10 PM   
PaxMondo

Watching with attention .... This will be a really interesting op to watch.  If you can pull this off, you just bought another 6 - 9 months of game 'life'. 

BANZAI!!!!

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 258
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/7/2012 5:32:20 PM   
koniu

quote:

Watching with attention .... This will be a really interesting op to watch.  If you can pull this off, you just bought another 6 - 9 months of game 'life'. 

BANZAI!!!!

I hope it will be success.

I already have small TF with 3 eng units sailing to Moulemein. They will arrive there in 3 days. Lets call them test invasion. I want to test his reaction.
Just behind another TF will unload troops in Tavoy( they will march north from there and arrive on place just it time to merge with IDs that will land in 2 weeks)

When i think about it there is a small chance that allies will not react at all or will use small force only. Two weeks earlier when they try to intercept TF unloading in Mergui they lost in process CA an CL so they will think long before enter big ships in Betty`s range.
Also British CV are not like USA versions, they have smaller AC capacity so 2 of them have smaller Air power from MKB.

I know that this will be different situation because Moulemein is much more north. But if you get you ass kicked one time i will think before entering that place second time. So there is chance that Dopuc reaction will be small or to late. And when he decide to attack i will sail home.

Of course i am preparing like he will use entire Royal Navy

koniu

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/7/2012 5:41:33 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 259
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/7/2012 6:33:55 PM   
koniu

Little about air production

I have stopped production of

G3M2 Nell - 51 in poll, i will start production when G3M3 arrive
G4M1 Betty - 86 in poll, i will start production when pool drop below 50

I am also building pool of A6M2. On 1 June all factories will be converted to A6M3 so i will need reserves to carrier squadrons. I think 200 will be enough. on 9/42 or 8/42 if lucky A6M3a will arrive.

In 9/42 Tojo arrive and he will be main fighter of army. I will produce maybe 30-50 Oscars as long range escort, but no more.

I will not build D3A2 Val, next generation of DB will be D4Y1 Judy.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 260
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/8/2012 2:38:00 AM   
PaxMondo

Yep, I usually do pretty much the same ... HAte the D3A2 ... 

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 261
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/8/2012 4:57:45 PM   
koniu

6 APR 42

I have stop production of A6M2. 160 in pool so for now it is not necessary to produce them.
I will save some HI and when new gen of fighters arrive i will not find me self with 500 M2s in poll

Navy fighter pilot pol very small. 28 pilots in reserve. All first line squadrons are 110% full with trained pilots, rest is in training mod. I have at lest 150+ fighter pilots with XP ~(48-49) and skill around 65-70 but i will train them as long as passable.

Mostly logistic and movements.
In Java troops marching to Soerabaja. AF support unloaded in Batavia today so AF is operational. Ships that bring AF eng`s now will start load 2 ID and sail to Singer. There they will wait for CV and sail to Burma.

G3Ms from Kendari sunk xAKL and xAK in Ambons port. I star blockade of Ambon from sea.

On Mindanao he win battle in Cagayan and force my Inf Regiment to retreat to Butuan. His forces are 400AV spread between 9 units.
He is moving his troops to Butuan hoping to kill my unit that he force to retreat. I will not stop him. I have surprise for him in Butuan. Fresh ID waiting for him and i what to fight him in open ground of Butuan and not jungle of Cagayan. He have no recon so he is going to place he will die.

KB east of Milne bay will sail south. Recon 3 day in row spotted CA TF in Townsville hex. I will try to find and sunk them tomorrow. Later i will sail more south.

I ams sending more Eng units to Marshals and Gilbers. I will try to fortify there little faster.

First Ki-49-I in pool Ki-49-IIa 52% toward 7/42 gaining 4-5% daily

Edit:

Docup send squadron (14 planes spotted) of P-38E Lightning to China. We fight last day losing 3 Oscars to 1 Lightening. I hate them they are fast and flying very high and this is not best side of Ki-43.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/8/2012 5:20:13 PM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 262
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/8/2012 7:13:38 PM   
koniu

7 APR 42

KB 10 hexes from OZ east cost. I set leading TF on cruise instead of full and they are out of bomber range. At lest i save fuel.
Zeros have sweep Coast bases finding P-39D Aircobras. 22 enemy planes shot down. We lost 6 (3 on air and 3 ops). KB will sail south now.

DD Fubiki attacked by enemy bombers south of Ambon. He was hit by two 1000lb bombs. He have chance to survive but must suppress fires first and have luck tomorrow with bombers. Damages are 63/52/3/32. I will give him LCAP tomorrow rest of fleet will sail little south.

Invasion TF with engineers sailing to Moulemein is 6 hex from target. They will arrive tomorrow and i hope they will unload also. They are detected but Docup should not know where we are sailing.

70 fighters in Rangoon. I have luck today because i have only 30 fighters on escort duty but lucky weather help me and mission did not fly. Tomorrow I will sweeps city.

koniu

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/8/2012 7:24:23 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 263
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/8/2012 7:38:45 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

6 APR 42

I have stop production of A6M2. 160 in pool so for now it is not necessary to produce them.

Wow, for this date, this is really good. How many factories to you have on the A6M2?

quote:

Navy fighter pilot pol very small. 28 pilots in reserve. All first line squadrons are 110% full with trained pilots, rest is in training mod. I have at lest 150+ fighter pilots with XP ~(48-49) and skill around 65-70 but i will train them as long as passable.

I frequently start to mix this level (50/70 exp/skill) pilots into my front line groups. EXP gain is really slow in training once they get to 50 EXP, whereas in combat EXP gain can be pretty fast. If my frontline groups are not too busy, then I set them with 30% train. I find that my low EXP pilots will gain 1-2 EXP /week this way. Faster than leaving them in training. Of course, if they see action, they can gain EXP even quicker. Just a thought ...

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 264
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/8/2012 9:04:52 PM   
koniu

quote:

Wow, for this date, this is really good. How many factories to you have on the A6M2?

I have 125 factories. I think i t was little to much, but now i can do nothing about it. I will lose 1/3? of them when i upgrade to A6M3 line.
Now i am sure that A6M3a will be available in 9/42.There is small chance to 8/42 but i will not count on it

In army i think i will be able to have Ki-44-IIc Tojo (with armor) on 4/42 (11 months earlier)

quote:

I frequently start to mix this level (50/70 exp/skill) pilots into my front line groups. EXP gain is really slow in training once they get to 50 EXP, whereas in combat EXP gain can be pretty fast. If my frontline groups are not too busy, then I set them with 30% train. I find that my low EXP pilots will gain 1-2 EXP /week this way. Faster than leaving them in training. Of course, if they see action, they can gain EXP even quicker. Just a thought ...

I am arleady doing this. 1/3 of pilots in groups (fighters, bombers) is ~50XP and 2/3 is 65+.
Only KB have 100% elite pilots

I am sending pilots to poll when they reach xp 50 in training. Most of them is around 65-70 in skill and 60-65 defense in that point of training.

PS. good day for WITPAE. We play today 3 turns

EDIT:
Mindanao situation change. he stop his troops so i am moving ID and we going to him.

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/9/2012 6:53:22 AM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 265
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/9/2012 3:23:12 PM   
koniu

8 APR 42

Heaviest air loses to me in entire war.

First I have fall in air trap in China.
Later heavy air fights over Rangoon and east coast of Oz.

Air lostes are:
36 Ki-48
30 A6M2
7 Ki-21
5 Ki-43

We lost today 86 planes to 32 allied planes. 30 pilots KIA and 30 MIA
First time in this war i have more lost planes that allies 1408 vs 1398

Amphibious TF arrive to Moulemein but not unload i hope hey will unload tomarow and sail south on morning

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/9/2012 3:44:39 PM >

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 266
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/9/2012 5:17:25 PM   
PaxMondo

Ouch. Those are heavy losses. Well, recover and restart ... good luck!

Pax

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 267
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/10/2012 5:56:23 AM   
koniu

quote:

Ouch. Those are heavy losses. Well, recover and restart ... good luck!

Biggest disappointment for me is A6M performance. I have in those units fresh and experienced pilots and they lost 1:3 ratio Entire live i read about superior role of A6M in pacific war in first half of 42 but i am losing Zeros 4 time faster than Oscars . I need to replace them with M3 asap. They should do better.

36 Ki-48 lose is hard but planes can be replaced. For those squadrons i was not using best pilots (50-60XP) so it is no disaster but losing 50 pilots in day is punch in nose to me.

I now will retreat squadrons to save place for few days to recover from wounds. Only fighters in Burma border will stay in place to give lcap to Moulemein. I hope they will survive next day and i can start repairing base

< Message edited by koniu -- 1/10/2012 6:34:35 AM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 268
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/10/2012 10:28:12 AM   
obvert

How are you using the A6M? What is the fatigue/moral of your pilots?

I think it has a distinct advantage in the early war.

1. Don't use them to sweep long distance every turn.

2. Don't fly anything but defensive missions if your moral dips into the 80s or fatigue goes over about 15.

3. If you get mauled one turn, don't fly back the next looking for revenge. Wait. Surprise. Catch them off guard. Get a numbers advantage.

4. Do fly with greater numbers than your opponent if possible, especially on offensive missions.

5. Do sweep with larger units than your opponent fields. If you send in 4 sweeps of 12 planes, that is not as effective as one of 36.

6. In early war you might want to use large Nate groups and early Oscar models in defensive roles and save the A6M to sweep as a full unit without splitting the unit into different missions.

7. Sweep before your bombing missions AND escort your bombers. Often your high quality A6M groups will fly early and clear the air before the bomber/escort groups arrive. Escorting fighters perform badly, and they work better if the defending CAP has become fatigued or depleted by a previous sweep.

The only times I've lost any significant numbers of planes is when I didn't sweep first, didn't have multiple groups working together, and did't check all of these factors before flying a mission into enemy territory.

8. Be patient. Check the weather to make sure your planes will fly when you want them to. Change leaders. Wait for pilots to be in peak condition. Train defensive skills and exp if needed by putting them on training sweep 100ft at 100% for about a week.

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 269
RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) - 1/10/2012 11:56:19 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

How are you using the A6M? What is the fatigue/moral of your pilots?

I think it has a distinct advantage in the early war.

1. Don't use them to sweep long distance every turn.

2. Don't fly anything but defensive missions if your moral dips into the 80s or fatigue goes over about 15.

3. If you get mauled one turn, don't fly back the next looking for revenge. Wait. Surprise. Catch them off guard. Get a numbers advantage.

4. Do fly with greater numbers than your opponent if possible, especially on offensive missions.

5. Do sweep with larger units than your opponent fields. If you send in 4 sweeps of 12 planes, that is not as effective as one of 36.

6. In early war you might want to use large Nate groups and early Oscar models in defensive roles and save the A6M to sweep as a full unit without splitting the unit into different missions.

7. Sweep before your bombing missions AND escort your bombers. Often your high quality A6M groups will fly early and clear the air before the bomber/escort groups arrive. Escorting fighters perform badly, and they work better if the defending CAP has become fatigued or depleted by a previous sweep.

The only times I've lost any significant numbers of planes is when I didn't sweep first, didn't have multiple groups working together, and did't check all of these factors before flying a mission into enemy territory.

8. Be patient. Check the weather to make sure your planes will fly when you want them to. Change leaders. Wait for pilots to be in peak condition. Train defensive skills and exp if needed by putting them on training sweep 100ft at 100% for about a week.

Thanks. Another lesson learned. I will star rotate my squadrons more to give them time to rest and to build morale.
Now i know that big part of air losses is my fault.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Docup (A) vs Koniu (J) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI