Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/13/2011 10:07:14 PM   
SeaMonkey

Crap ILS, I forgot to mention the chili, now you've really made me hungry. I'm going to pull out the powder, onions, jalapenos, cumin, cayan pepper, a pound of deer meat.........gather up some herbs from the garden, get the black iron skillet heated and ready for some honey cornbread baking, and conjure up a nice pot of Texas chili with beans.

When's the last time you had a thick steaming bowl of Texas Chili? Well .........that's too long!

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 31
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/13/2011 11:31:27 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

Crap ILS, I forgot to mention the chili, now you've really made me hungry. I'm going to pull out the powder, onions, jalapenos, cumin, cayan pepper, a pound of deer meat.........gather up some herbs from the garden, get the black iron skillet heated and ready for some honey cornbread baking, and conjure up a nice pot of Texas chili with beans.

When's the last time you had a thick steaming bowl of Texas Chili? Well .........that's too long!

Last time I was in Abilene......Wasnt bad but I prefer me a big 'ole pound of steak, potaters and cornbread for breakfast anyday.......mmmmmmmmmm

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 32
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 12:02:56 AM   
redcoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym
Not tried Parsnip mash but have a great love for mashed swede with a big dollop of butter.

You may like parsnip mash. My personal preference is for one part parsnip per two parts potato - with butter. Use smaller parsnips for a sweeter taste. It’s very tasty with honey and mustard sausages.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 33
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 10:16:59 AM   
roeddog

Sorry uncc, I didn't know North Carolina had mustard based sauce i thought it was native to SC only. I stand corrected.

(in reply to uncc)
Post #: 34
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 3:15:25 PM   
D.Ilse

sweet potato pie

(in reply to roeddog)
Post #: 35
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 4:33:30 PM   
andym

quote:

ORIGINAL: D.Ilse

sweet potato pie

I am sorry,but sweet potato is wrong on so many levels.I think possibly the best meal in the entire universe is a full English Breakfast with a big mug of strong tea!

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 36
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 4:37:20 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

quote:

sweet potato pie

I am sorry,but sweet potato is wrong on so many levels.I think possibly the best meal in the entire universe is a full English Breakfast with a big mug of strong tea!

Nope.....Steak, well done with steak sauce.....with potatoes, either fried or mashed(with gravy then) and some cornbread with butter....Washed down with a big mug of strong tea, without milk...... Now thats a manly breakfast to get you up and going in the day....

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 37
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 6:07:18 PM   
mdiehl

Breakfast: bacon, eggs, grits, baked beans, and coffee blacker than than a politician's soul and thicker than the Colorado River.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 38
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 7:37:55 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: WBaugh

Sweet tea...nectar of the gods.

And Key Lime pie.

Hey now! Key Lime pie is a Flahda specialty....after all we have the Keys.

and btw in answer to the gent above who asked what grits are.....hominy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 9/14/2011 7:40:47 PM >

Hans

(in reply to WYBaugh)
Post #: 39
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 7:55:04 PM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

sweet potato pie

I cannot believe I forgot about the number one Southern dessert. All hail Sweet Potato Pie!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to D.Ilse)
Post #: 40
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 9:01:16 PM   
Toby42

Ya gotta love Graham Cracker Pie!

Tony

Post #: 41
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/14/2011 11:56:56 PM   
nelmsm1

If you are doing breakfast then it's scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, chorizo, and some cheese all wrapped in a warm flour torilla with some nice salsa on the side with a Dr. Pepper.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 42
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 2:11:35 AM   
jwarrenw13

Pecan pie.

Or for breakfast mayhaw jelly on buttered biscuits.  We have a couple of mayhaw trees/bushes.  Wife makes her own jelly.  Also have a pear tree that produces well and wife makes pear preserves and pear butter, but the mayhaw jelly is the best. 

(in reply to nelmsm1)
Post #: 43
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 2:24:43 AM   
bairdlander2

bacon exsplosion.A log of ground pork with oinions,cheese,green pepper.Wrap it with a few pounds of thick bacon and roast for 2 hours.

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 9/15/2011 2:26:31 AM >

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 44
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 5:42:28 AM   
Mobius

fish tacos
bacon rapped filet mignon

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 45
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 9:30:13 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

Pecan pie.

Or for breakfast mayhaw jelly on buttered biscuits.  We have a couple of mayhaw trees/bushes.  Wife makes her own jelly.  Also have a pear tree that produces well and wife makes pear preserves and pear butter, but the mayhaw jelly is the best. 

Oh yeah..........

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 46
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 9:31:31 AM   
ilovestrategy

In a nutshell, if it's healthy for you it does not belong in the South! 

Post #: 47
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/15/2011 4:55:13 PM   
andym

One of my favourites is Steak and Kidney pie,cooked very slowly for about 4 hours.I had a German friend,who was rather interested in English Traditional food,and didnt understand what kidney was,so he translated it.................and came back with "i am not eating pissfilter pies".So now we call it Pissfilter pie.LOL

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

Post #: 48
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/16/2011 1:02:09 AM   
planner 3

Chesapeake bay blue crabs steamed in beer, with a beer on the side, followed up with scalded oysters, and a beer on the side, after a while use the left overs for Maryland style crabcakes, with a beer on the side.

You can't beat it........make that a Gunthers beer on the side.

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 9/16/2011 1:03:30 AM >

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

Post #: 49
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/16/2011 5:39:57 AM   
OldSarge

Carne Adovada is a favorite here in New Mexico! You can serve it up with your eggs and potatos in the morning, wrap it into a burritto for lunch, layer it in tacos for a quick snack or serve it over seasoned rice as the main meat course for dinner - don't forget the sopaipillas!!

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 50
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/21/2011 2:57:35 AM   
SeaMonkey

OK, a South Texas Dovehunt on Saturday produces a limit. So....what do I do with the 15, I'm thinking....experiment time! So, 15 go into a brine. Dove, as you all are aware, are a lean, small bird, mostly a grain eater, but the breast can be ohhhhhh so good, as long as you make provisions not to dry it out while cooking, ie. the brine solution. Now...next day, I pull half, well OK 8 breasts out of the brine and go hunting for Jalapenos out in the garden, slicing the breast and incerting a wedge with a final wrap of bacon on the outside.......guarantee to prohibit dryness.

The pit is ready, and on the 8 go, mesquite bark to supplement the smoke supply and twenty minutes later after a ten minute multi basting with honey BarBQ sauce, its time to chow down. I get 6, the Mrs = 2.......You just don't want to know.

What to do.......the other 7. Bam! Buttermilk from the local HEB(grocery) and they go for a soaking, two days....was not the plan! But OK, heat the grease, a little over 350, powder those noses....err...I mean breasts with flower, pepper, salt mixture, and 5 minutes later, golden brown with a slight coating. The Mrs = 0, I got all seven, Yum...It's good to be a South Texican!

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 51
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/21/2011 3:27:11 AM   
JFalk68

Chicken Wings...deep fried chicken wings coated and tossed with a sauce of melted butter and loiusianna hot sauce
Beef on weck...slow roasted top round or eye of round cooked rare and thinly sliced served on a weck roll and a dollop of horseradish

2 Buffalo favorites

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 52
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/21/2011 7:30:37 AM   
ilovestrategy

Uh guys. I'm trying to lose weight ok and you people are not helping. 

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 53
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/21/2011 4:16:12 PM   
SeaMonkey

Shelf it ILS! You know, reading over this thread, I don't remember anyone mentioning the Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich? I was in Philly awhile back and we visited one of those neighborhood dispensors, had to wait in line for "with", but man oh man......I love Philadelphia cheese-steak sandwiches, that's some good Colonials' eats.

Post #: 54
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 9/22/2011 4:44:58 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

Shelf it ILS! You know, reading over this thread, I don't remember anyone mentioning the Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich? I was in Philly awhile back and we visited one of those neighborhood dispensors, had to wait in line for "with", but man oh man......I love Philadelphia cheese-steak sandwiches, that's some good Colonials' eats.

Ok, you twisted my arm. Hand over that damn Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich!

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 55
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 10/13/2011 11:07:41 AM   
Phatguy

We like this forum too, thats why pond scum like you are readily reported...Too bad we cant do more to your imbecilic ass......

Post #: 56
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 10/13/2011 9:25:01 PM   
wodin

That boudin noir sounds like black pudding. Lovely.

Post #: 57
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 10/13/2011 9:44:19 PM   
ilovestrategy

When I got home last night I had two full glasses of sweet tea and some Texas Chili. People talk about going to Heaven but last night I was there!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 58
RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. - 10/14/2011 1:16:11 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

That boudin noir sounds like black pudding. Lovely.

Pronounced "boodan" I think.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: A question to Our Colonial Cousins across the Pond. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI