Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Neutralized White Flag?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Neutralized White Flag? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neutralized White Flag? - 9/16/2011 12:11:08 AM   
Rokkorfan

Sometimes after bombing a city the flag changes to white and I get the message "Neutralized". There's nothing in the manual re. this. When I attack the city still defends so I don't think it affects the attack/defence calculations. What does it mean, and what are the implications of not attacking it?

Thanks, Rokkorfan
Post #: 1
RE: Neutralized White Flag? - 9/16/2011 3:36:18 AM   
Bentusi

I guess it is impossible to reinforce from a neutralized town at least, so an early bombing campaign might prevent a point from being full of artillery and anti air by the time your ground forces appear. Also I suppose the enemy loses the spotting range around the point, although I have no way of verifying this without trying it in multi-player. But I have been wondering a bit about the neutralization myself, since there is nothing in the manual about it.

(in reply to Rokkorfan)
Post #: 2
RE: Neutralized White Flag? - 9/16/2011 4:43:16 AM   
Razz1

It means you can't get supply from the city or place new units in it or use it as a victory hex.

(in reply to Bentusi)
Post #: 3
RE: Neutralized White Flag? - 9/16/2011 10:48:39 AM   
terje439

Neutralizing cities works quite well on the larger maps where your opponent (be it human or AI) does not have garrisons in all his cities. By neutralizing those empty cities he cannot build new units there, and he is left with the choice of either;
-leaving those cities empty, or
-send other units from the front to retake his own cities.

Against the AI I tend to send a strat bomber to bomb the enemy cities neutralizing all empty ones. Then I will sneak one of my scouts through the enemy lines and head for those empty cities and capture them with ease.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Neutralized White Flag? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI