Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Object"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Object" Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/3/2011 8:25:40 PM   
2guncohen

oke kayoz,

you are a smart guy/girl ( you never know for sure on the internet )
I propose you reflect a litle bit that a posting should honor the subject of the thread.

And everything will turn alright.

This was my 2cents of wisdom I wanted to share with you!

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 31
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/3/2011 8:48:56 PM   
Kalthaniell

The 'UDMO' would create a great external threat for the empires that advanced 'too much'in the final stages of the game (by too much I mean- they leave little or no chance for the other empires to expand because they are so advanced and powerful). This would be a great chance for both more and less advanced civilisations to either use the distraction to try and rebalance the power in the galaxy or use the full military potential against a competent and equally powerful enemy. It's something the Shakturi managed to do and I enjoyed it a lot. That could rejuvenate a potentially won (therefore not so exiting) playthrough and keep the player vigilant and on his toes even if other empires pose no real threat. It also reminds me of the reapers from ME, and I simply love ME so it's a BIG plus too.:P

That's why I like your creature concept :)

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 10/3/2011 8:50:09 PM >

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 32
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/3/2011 10:09:38 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2guncohen

I propose you reflect a litle bit that a posting should honor the subject of the thread.

I thought taking into account recent scientific discoveries (or lack thereof) would add some flavour to the game. All that would be required, would be a textual modification to the creature's description - exotic matter creature, or what have you.

For example, helium has some bizarre physical characteristics - remaining liquid even at absolute zero - a creature composed of some equally bizarre matter might NEED to feed on high-energy sources to maintain its physical integrity. And given that ships are powered by miniature suns, this might help explain why it's attracted to civilizations - being lured away from their usual feeding grounds of neutron stars and black holes and storms (not sure what you're supposed to call the DW storms), by the emissions of passing ships, or in particular - high energy weapon discharges of space battles.

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 33
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/8/2011 8:48:45 PM   
2guncohen

Intelligence Report A2-zxy-46

Xeno-Intelligence Agency officials provided a report of "The Threat"-assessment - Steering Comité.

This information was collected by the Mantis-Agent we planted on board the ICE Frigate "Melchior".

The mission was a succes and the Data-Crystals where retrieved at the rendez-vous location x they contained the captains logs and the visual information.

quote:

1. Logs of the captain:

Captain log day 1:By Vectron , All crew are ready and excited for this little mission, But am a little worried about the XIS-Agent they forced on me. I sended a request to remove the XIS-Agent but the Director of the ICE said he was overruled and that these facts never happened.

With other words something stinks with this mission...

Captain Ban Hammer Follower of Vectron :
Served as captain the ICE Frigate "Melchior" for 30 years.

Captain log day 4: I had to much tasks to fill in my logs , Overall everything is fine except some argument with my science officer he still pretends Dark Matter doesn’t exist… I tried to argue with him for hours ... He boasted No experimental proof show it exists, no real theory as to what it is why not just call it "god" he boasted …

And that little Frog faced X-IS agent overheard us and laughed that we where in for a surprise …

what did he mean with this?

Captain log day 5:
By vectron, Again Arguments with the science officer ,I said that he was misunderstanding everything and that closed the argumentations.

Captain log day 6: Again arguments …

Captain log day 7: Argument about god particle …

Captain Log day 8: Requested the security officer to throw the science officer in space.

- He refused ...

Captain log day 9: By vectron, I played Chess with the science officer he really is talented.

Captain log day 10: Long-range showed that a huge pike of Gamma-Radiation came from the 5th planet of the system .
Old survey stated that a Small colony of 250.000 Morbians where settled on this planet. No organic life can survive a cataclysm...

- All ships departments-heads are briefed and are pepping up the crew.

- Ordered the ship to go in yellow alert.

Captain log day 11 : By vectron, ships sensors Begun to register lesser traffic echo’s on the Long-range Sensors. It even seems the Echo’s where going away to the Kuiper belt of the star system.

Yesterday we received an S.O.S from a Morbian civilian ship they where talking incoherently about shadows and matter of the cold space. The ship was closing in and we estimated burning all the fuel to get nearer, in the end the distance was in reach of our torpedo launchers.

May Vectron guide me.

- I ordered the ship in red alert.

- Following protocol, I requested the security officer to follow procedures like the security act article IV described in the law of Protection and Stability about containment.

- I ordered the First officer to arm a torpedo.

- A hard decision but we don’t have the facilities for refugees and we have to follow the procedures.
30 minutes later the Freighter-Ship was destroyed together with its crew.

Captain log day 12 : A listening satellite was launched today to the asteroid cloud of the 5th planet. It should be on-site around 5pm and the data flow connection 30 minutes.

- I'm going to get some sleep ill need it.

Captain log day 13:
Satellite is in range of the planet this green world is totally destroyed ...

The science officer said that something influenced the physical integrity of reality and shifted it beyond known science..
In other words the mass is gone ... Its not even measurable in the energy read outs...

- I requested the X-IA agent to my cabin for a private conversation ... He knows more I can smell it ... He refused ...

- The long range scanners see echo's disappearing around the planet Morbo ...
I ordered to stay on distance and hide in the asteroid belt, after consultation with all officers I contacted the launch bay to prep a Mobile Reckon-Probe who will be shot to the planet Morbo.

- The X-IA agent Finally showed on the deck...

- We will know more in the following day ...

Captain log day 13: All the echo's around Morbo are gone in a blink or are trying to hide in the system.
The Probe finaly the probe arrived.... and by vectron, what we saw on visual was the end of the planet Morbo...

- the science report said that some form of complex energy readout was fluxing into our space-time.

- The X-agent was Staring and he we all overheard him saying the word "Unidentified Dark Matter Object" the threat is real.
He said we should leave the system asap and that he will use his veto-right provided by the Xeno-Inteelligence Law.

Planet Morbo:

First Image: long range:

[/URL]

Captain log day 14: After witnessing the end of the planet Morbo, we are leaving the system to the the co_ordinates the X-ia agent forced on me ...

ICE Frigate "Melchior"
was planned to be demoted in the next coming Federation year.
[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL][/image]

The X-IA agent did a perfect job leading the ship to the redez-vous point to discard the data crystal, the crew of the ship has been discarded by a black ops team with co-operation on the onboard agent the ship was parked right in the middle of a newly layed minefield in this remote sector.

Now we wait ...

End of log-report

Ill upload some extra picture's Monday when im back home.

Hope you enjoy the reading :)

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 34
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/9/2011 10:13:01 AM   
Data

I can see this not only winning the contest but becoming an AAR of it's own. Clone Fred, man, clone Fred...

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to 2guncohen)
Post #: 35
RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Ob... - 10/9/2011 3:07:16 PM   
2guncohen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

I can see this not only winning the contest but becoming an AAR of it's own. Clone Fred, man, clone Fred...

Well I tried to give it a twist and flavored it with different famous AAR's and other fluff.
But its about time Emperor Fred comes back for new adventures

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Creature Contest: "Unidentified Dark Matter Object" Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI