Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Closed]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Closed] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Closed] - 10/2/2011 3:33:23 AM   
Mundy

... a sneaky, underhanded and merciless IJ player.

One of my PBEM opponents unfortunately was unable to continue our campaign, and the remaining ones are proceeding at a snail's pace, so I'm looking to go through the pain of a turn 1 setup again.

I don't think I'm ready to manage an economy yet, so I'd like to start another as the Allies. Scenario 1 or 2 is fine. I'm playing the latest official patch.

I tend to be in the "less is more" category for house rules, but I'm fine with the obvious ones (paying PP for leaving borders, Max alt sweeps, not misusing air HQs, etc) Common sense would rule.

All the "usual" game settings are fine (Reliable US torps off, sub doctrine off, etc). I would prefer PDU being on.

I can get turns out on a roughly 1 a day rate. I'm hoping to keep the pace going at a turn every day or two. If you want to cruise along with 2 day turns, I think I would be okay with that. I'm also open to turning historical turn 1 off, if the IJ player wants to be more flexible. I wouldn’t really start getting the war machine rolling until the second turn anyway.

PM me and we can proceed from there.

Ed-

< Message edited by Mundy -- 10/25/2011 5:30:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Opened] - 10/25/2011 3:48:30 PM   
Mundy

Sadly, I have lost contact with the opponent I was set up with three weeks ago. I hope all is well with him, as I'm sure this wasn't intentional on his part.

If anyone is willing to give this a try, PM me. For me, with this game, the journey is the reward. After playing a game this long with someone, does is really matter who "wins" in the end? It doesn't mean I won't try, though.

I have two other games going, but one hasn't moved since at least August. The other is clunking along at a turn every other week. Rust is accumulating...

Ed-

< Message edited by Mundy -- 10/25/2011 3:49:09 PM >

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Opened] - 10/25/2011 4:14:22 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

I have a ready to go (well almost) Reluctant Admiral 3 if you are interested in the Allied post?

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Opened] - 10/25/2011 4:43:05 PM   
Hatamoto

I´d be interested in a scen 2 as japan. I´m using beta 1108m6. I can do 2 or more turns a day. PM if you´re interested an we can discuss house rules.

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Opened] - 10/25/2011 5:30:54 PM   
Mundy

I've found an opponent. Thanks for looking.

< Message edited by Mundy -- 12/3/2011 2:00:00 AM >

(in reply to Hatamoto)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Player Seeking... [Re-Closed] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI