Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Factory upgrade issue, maybe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory upgrade issue, maybe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 2:39:45 AM   
Numdydar

Can someone explain why my Jill factories are not upgrading? You will notice that I can already produce Jill 2s. So why haven't the Jill 1 factories switched yet?

If I do it myself, the factories take damage and I lose production.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 2:41:30 AM   
Numdydar

Here is a save game for the above

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 3:12:04 AM   
Quixote

If I remember correctly, they won't automatically upgrade on the first of the month (or by the 5th in your case), but they will upgrade at some point during the month, with some variability built in. Give it another few turns and see what happens.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 3
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 3:46:43 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quixote

If I remember correctly, they won't automatically upgrade on the first of the month (or by the 5th in your case), but they will upgrade at some point during the month, with some variability built in. Give it another few turns and see what happens.

Actually worse than that since there is no certainty that they will ever upgrade, only a fairly low daily probability. wait a couple of months and most if not all will upgrade.

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 4
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 7:25:35 AM   
Numdydar

Well that's no fun

I did find out that if you wait until the at least the 6th of the month, you can switch them manually with no damage . So it looks like you need to wait until at least the 2nd of the month before you can do it with no damage manually.

However, it does have to be the next plane in squence for this to happen without loss and damage. I remember skipping over the Zero 3 and 3a versions. Of course switching from A6M2 to A6M5 directly did not work out so good So now I am anal about making sure I am upgrading factories through the correct path.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 5:59:35 PM   
Puhis

A6M2 upgrades to A6M2 Sen-Baku. M3, M3a and M5 are part of completely different upgrade path.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 6
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 6:59:35 PM   
Numdydar

Ah. I had forgotten that Thanks for keeping me straight.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 7
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 11:06:36 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

A6M2 upgrades to A6M2 Sen-Baku. M3, M3a and M5 are part of completely different upgrade path.

Yes, but good for R&D of the M5b iirc

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 8
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/6/2011 11:37:06 PM   
ny59giants

As long as the upgrade is the next air frame in the series, you can do it yourself manually. They will not incur any damage when you do the upgrade. To verify that I am correct, make sure you have just saved the game turn file. Then, go into the industry screen "J" button, click on the Jill, then select the second generation Jill from the column on the right hand side. I have done this multiple times without problems. If for some reason this doesn't work, you can exit the game without saving the changes. But, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 9
RE: Factory upgrade issue, maybe - 10/7/2011 12:59:25 AM   
Numdydar

As noted above, I was able to do as you suggested. This issue (I think, I will have to test it at some future point) is that if you try and do this one the 1st (which I did try) you will take a hit on damage and reduction in production. I think this is because the flags are not set until the turn runs on the 1st and the date changes to the 2nd of the month.

If you wait until the 2nd (or later) you can manually switch them with no issues. Which I did . So it was not the big deal I thought it was. I'm glad I put Maybe in the title too, lol.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory upgrade issue, maybe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI