Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Switches for starting the game???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Switches for starting the game??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switches for starting the game??? - 10/15/2011 2:49:00 PM   
SgtSwanson

This is my current set up... "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -px1680 -py1050 -altFont

What I would like to know is can I do the max resolution 1920x1080 but, with a bigger font. I need it to be 1 to 2 sizes bigger. This is mainly for the hover over pop up boxes. And can someone please list the other switches that can be used? Sorry guys but it's been since DOS 5.0 that I needed to use them.

Also, is there a way to replace the in-game music?

Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
Post #: 1
RE: Switches for starting the game??? - 10/15/2011 11:19:53 PM   
Alekks

Assuming you already have the sound file you want to replace an existing sound file, you can use the following process;

• Find the file in the Sound folder you want to replace and rename it. For example, rename file 1026.sfx to 1026.sfx.old
  • Rename the new sound file you want to use to match the original sound file name. For example, rename Tora.mp3 to 1026.sfx
  • Paste the replacement sound file into the Sound folder
  • Start the game
I have replaced a few of the original sound files with .mp3 files, so I can confirm this works. I believe it will work with .wav files as well. Please someone correct me if I am wrong about that.

For increasing the ingame font size, I think we're sunk there. I seem to recall reading a Dev response about it one time saying the font size was hard coded. You can artificially increase the size by changing the screen resolution, but that could make the maps and other art pieces become blurry.

(in reply to SgtSwanson)
Post #: 2
RE: Switches for starting the game??? - 10/16/2011 11:50:23 AM   
SgtSwanson

Thank you sir.

Sgt Swanson
Freedom is never free!!

(in reply to Alekks)
Post #: 3
RE: Switches for starting the game??? - 10/16/2011 11:54:44 AM   
KenchiSulla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alekks

Assuming you already have the sound file you want to replace an existing sound file, you can use the following process;

• Find the file in the Sound folder you want to replace and rename it. For example, rename file 1026.sfx to 1026.sfx.old
  • Rename the new sound file you want to use to match the original sound file name. For example, rename Tora.mp3 to 1026.sfx
  • Paste the replacement sound file into the Sound folder
  • Start the game
I have replaced a few of the original sound files with .mp3 files, so I can confirm this works. I believe it will work with .wav files as well. Please someone correct me if I am wrong about that.

For increasing the ingame font size, I think we're sunk there. I seem to recall reading a Dev response about it one time saying the font size was hard coded. You can artificially increase the size by changing the screen resolution, but that could make the maps and other art pieces become blurry.

I do not want to hijack this thread but how did you figure out which sound does what?

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Alekks)
Post #: 4
RE: Switches for starting the game??? - 10/16/2011 12:03:45 PM   
SgtSwanson

Just play them until you find the music ones, unless they have a seperate folder.

Sgt Swanson
Freedom is never free!!

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 5
RE: Switches for starting the game??? - 10/16/2011 5:21:19 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

The files I believe you are looking for are found in the SOUND directory and named:

1026.SFX to 1034.SFX inclusive and 1502.SFX and 1500.SFX.

Note that these files are mp2 (not mp3) formatted music files.

(in reply to SgtSwanson)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Switches for starting the game??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI