Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 1:20:30 PM   
ComradeP

I guess I'm just rusty from not having played PCO for a few months, but I thought it used to be the other way around, as I recall that Advance was the non-useful movement mode and Engage>move the useful one, but I might be mixing things up.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 31
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/7/2011 6:03:05 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

I guess I'm just rusty from not having played PCO for a few months, but I thought it used to be the other way around, as I recall that Advance was the non-useful movement mode and Engage>move the useful one, but I might be mixing things up.

Units on Advance will move at a slower rate, and do have opportunity to fire during each phase.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 32
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/21/2011 3:48:51 PM   
Redmarkus5

Apologies, but I'm only an occasional visitor here. Has the matter of the Soviet infantry's suicidal march towards the Panzers been addressed in any of the patches? If not, is there a plan to do this? I love this game except for that one feature.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 33
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/21/2011 6:46:51 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Apologies, but I'm only an occasional visitor here. Has the matter of the Soviet infantry's suicidal march towards the Panzers been addressed in any of the patches? If not, is there a plan to do this? I love this game except for that one feature.

If you are playing random scenarios, you can try using a different Preset. The default Preset has a fair amount of Infantry.

The next beta patch will include some things that might help, although not directly aimed at that behavior. In the next patch you should be able to set the Russian AI to use "Art of War" rather than "Science of War". With SoW, the russian player has a charge order that the AI likes to use. I've actually not seen this as a problem in most of the battles I've fought though.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 34
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/22/2011 1:31:45 AM   
junk2drive

Depending on the map, I often get surprised by hidden infantry charging at the sides and rear of my precious tanks for close assault range. It doesn't usually end well for me.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 35
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/22/2011 2:07:14 PM   
Redmarkus5

Thanks for the reply, Rick. I can't recall which scenarios I was playing but I generally start with the stock campaigns that come with the game.

Looking forward to the next patch.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 36
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/22/2011 2:14:42 PM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Depending on the map, I often get surprised by hidden infantry charging at the sides and rear of my precious tanks for close assault range. It doesn't usually end well for me.

I'm referring to large numbers of Soviet infantry walking towards my troops from a distance across open ground... I'll post a screenshot if I see it again after the next patch.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 37
RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! - 12/22/2011 2:33:17 PM   
junk2drive

Yes, open ground is tough no matter which side has to cross it. I don't seem to be any better than the AI in that regard. At least the AI remembers to use smoke barrage.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: New v2.0.329c Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI