Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 1/10/2001 11:48:00 AM   
Scipio Africanus

Hi Larry, I read your post above and just want to say- all good points- I'm just arguing my points rationally and have no real world experience (wait- I have experienced the real world- just not in terms of tanks). I was actually thinking of your story about the M1 (didn't remember it was you) when I suggested a high rate of hazard if reversing was implemented. I will have to disagree with you however, on the point that, given random placement in a hex, the average movement from one to another not be 25 meters, but will be an infinitely small number over 50 meters, (where you see a reverse of 25, I see a reverse of 89 meters etc.). Anyway, thanks for chatting it up... Cheers, ------------------ Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 31
- 1/11/2001 5:55:00 AM   
Tortfeasor

These fev things I miss in the 20 centurys most powerful game. 1. Taking abandoed and surrenderd enemy tanks in to your own army. Those crews of your own army, running around in the battelfield, ought to be able to (depending on experiens) drive tanks and vehicles with redused performance and use surenderd Pannsarfaust`s or Basokas. (I know the time frame) 2. It would be more realistik if you cud schoos witch amo you would shoot with, HE or AP an so on. 3. Possibility to easy load information from the internet to the ensyckopedia of your own SPWAW. 4. I think the russian tanks are too expensive. 5. new tornaments every six month. 6. A commercial version of this game, that means no bugs. Thank(s) for a wonderfull game. [This message has been edited by Tortfeasor (edited January 10, 2001).]

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 32
- 1/11/2001 6:05:00 AM   
Tortfeasor

quote:

Originally posted by Tortfeasor: These fev things I miss in the 20 centurys most powerful game. 1. Taking abandoed and surrenderd enemy tanks in to your own army. Those crews of your own army, running around in the battelfield, ought to be able to (depending on experiens) drive tanks and vehicles with redused performance and use surenderd Pannsarfaust`s or Basokas. (I know the time frame) 2. It would be more realistik if you cud schoos witch amo you would shoot with, HE or AP an so on. 3. Possibility to easy load information from the internet to the ensyckopedia of your own SPWAW. 4. I think the russian tanks are too expensive. 5. and a reverse gear on the tanks. 6. new tornaments every six month. 7. the point system is too narrow, i mean if you play 100 games and you loose everyone you still can win the tornament anyway, thats not a good general. 8. A commercial version of this game, that means no bugs. Thank(s) for a wonderfull game. [This message has been edited by Tortfeasor (edited January 10, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Tortfeasor (edited January 10, 2001).]

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 33
- 1/11/2001 6:09:00 AM   
Tombstone

Commercial version means no bugs? I beg to differ. Tomo

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 34
- 1/11/2001 10:35:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I have been playing the game since it came out. Hmmm not sure what has been changing, havent been inhabiting the message boards basically. But I like the way the game has evolved. I can see that some requests are a bit, well just to demanding. I play Advanced Squad Leader, a game of eeeeexcrutiating exactitude. You get to back up, rotate, remain in motion, position the vehicle juuuuust so, but it is highly unlikely Steel Panthers will ever adequately emulate a board game and all its myriad misc counters. Software has its limits guys, you sometimes have to accept them. ------------------ Winning all the time is as boring as losing all the time

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 35
- 1/11/2001 2:11:00 PM   
Bing

Possible bug in Ver 4.5: During Sieg River scenario of U2R, the computer assigns a platoon (4 x Sherman with roof mount 4.5" rockets = "T-34")of OBA in which the fourth unit refuses to fire anywhere on the map except the upper left corner - handy to fire on my troops,not the enemy however. Other three are OK AND Support purchase of eight more T34's, they also fire anywhere on the map with no restrictions. Not a one-time glitch, either. Repeated the non-firing unit from the previous scenario final screen. Have saved the Final screen and the Choose forces screen from following scenario, can zip and mail. Odd situation, lots of other arty and it fires just fine, both onboard and off. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 36
- 1/11/2001 7:35:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Bing: Possible bug in Ver 4.5: During Sieg River scenario of U2R, the computer assigns a platoon (4 x Sherman with roof mount 4.5" rockets = "T-34")of OBA in which the fourth unit refuses to fire anywhere on the map except the upper left corner - handy to fire on my troops,not the enemy however. Other three are OK AND Support purchase of eight more T34's, they also fire anywhere on the map with no restrictions. Not a one-time glitch, either. Repeated the non-firing unit from the previous scenario final screen. Have saved the Final screen and the Choose forces screen from following scenario, can zip and mail. Odd situation, lots of other arty and it fires just fine, both onboard and off. Bing
I.ve seen many upper left hand corner explosions while playing tcp/ip, wonder what is causing that??

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI