Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

From my recent PBEM...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> From my recent PBEM... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 3:54:30 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 5:54:34 AM   
cristianwj

LOLIII

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 2
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 5:54:55 AM   
Jajusha

Clearly he has been facing german Sec brigades (the 3 defeats come when he faced Sec divisions instead)

Post #: 3
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 9:00:00 AM   
Krec

good one

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to Jajusha)
Post #: 4
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 12:46:02 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

No those were honest victories vs regular German infantry. I don't micromanage my leaders as much as some other players do, and I also love to role play with them, I put a guy in charge because I love his name or his face or his personal history. I have sweet spot for weird looking guys or colorful characters like Semyon Budjoni even though their stats are less than stellar (one front command is reserved for him). Krivoshein, an Armenian who participated in German victory parade in Poland is also a personal favorite, this guy as well, and I don't need to mention the true Soviet stars (the guys with actual good stats).

So in my Soviet armies you can find all sorts of oddities. Stepan Akimov died in aircraft accident unrelated to combat in Oct 41, so his gaming alter ego outlives him in most games.

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 5
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 3:35:54 PM   
TulliusDetritus

HAHAHA Hitler's face is priceless!

It's curious. The company which owned the rights of that movie had said (one year ago) that they would be asking Youtube to remove all the videos And then somehow they changed their mind. They let people make parodies.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

Post #: 6
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 8:12:27 PM   
abulbulian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

No those were honest victories vs regular German infantry. I don't micromanage my leaders as much as some other players do, and I also love to role play with them, I put a guy in charge because I love his name or his face or his personal history. I have sweet spot for weird looking guys or colorful characters like Semyon Budjoni even though their stats are less than stellar (one front command is reserved for him). Krivoshein, an Armenian who participated in German victory parade in Poland is also a personal favorite, this guy as well, and I don't need to mention the true Soviet stars (the guys with actual good stats).

So in my Soviet armies you can find all sorts of oddities. Stepan Akimov died in aircraft accident unrelated to combat in Oct 41, so his gaming alter ego outlives him in most games.

Yeah, all Armenian generals are my favorites too!

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

Post #: 7
RE: From my recent PBEM... - 11/4/2011 8:39:38 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

I assumed you are Armenian based on your name. Best Armenian general in game is Ivan (Hovhannes) Bagramyan. He actually has very good stats too.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> From my recent PBEM... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI