Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wild Sheep Chase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wild Sheep Chase Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/20/2014 10:12:10 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Excellent!! This is super helpful and I will be sure to incorporate the needed adjustments into my production plans. Thanks for taking the time to do these screens - it helps a lot!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2821
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/20/2014 10:16:48 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Once you upgrade the 4th and/or 5th Sentai to Nick d, do you get the option to upgrade other FB units to Nick d?

Also, once the 4th and 5th are switched to Nick d, do they become classified as NF units and then let you upgrade to other NFs like J1N1?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2822
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/20/2014 10:55:53 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Once you upgrade the 4th and/or 5th Sentai to Nick d, do you get the option to upgrade other FB units to Nick d?

Also, once the 4th and 5th are switched to Nick d, do they become classified as NF units and then let you upgrade to other NFs like J1N1?

I don't know about the other units, but I've not seen other units upgrade paths change when another one takes a different course.

The Nick Id is IJAAF, the J1N1 is IJNAF. So no.

As above these will upgrade to the Randy 'C' NF. It's a late one though, and i won't have it with 1 x 30 RnD (started in 43 I think) until about 7-8/45.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 2823
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/20/2014 11:13:57 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Yea, J1n1 not good example. :) I just meant other NF airplanes.

Okay, in old WITP, sometimes once you upgraded a single unit then other units could make the switch.

Will other FB units upgrade to the Randy NF, or just these two Sentai? Just trying to figure out if makeing the Nick D is worth it just to get 98 planes in action. Sounds like you think so.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2824
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 4:32:26 AM   
koniu

Thank for both. NF and training group info will help me much preparing last stages of air production.

I am little disappointed. I was expecting that IJAAF, will have much more NF units. It looks that most of job is on IJNAF backs.

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

Post #: 2825
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:17:59 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

Thank for both. NF and training group info will help me much preparing last stages of air production.

I am little disappointed. I was expecting that IJAAF, will have much more NF units. It looks that most of job is on IJNAF backs.

There are also some recon groups that ill upgrade to the Dinah III KAI and become NF groups, and I think one is a 27 plane group, the other one or two smaller. Will post some shots and you can check your recon groups too.

This is why I'm stressing the Nick Id though. There is one more large NF group for the IJAAF but those two I won't be able to use until the Randy now, and they would have helped a lot.

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 7:27:12 AM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 2826
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:25:54 AM   
obvert

quote:

Yea, J1n1 not good example. :) I just meant other NF airplanes.

Okay, in old WITP, sometimes once you upgraded a single unit then other units could make the switch.

Will other FB units upgrade to the Randy NF, or just these two Sentai? Just trying to figure out if makeing the Nick D is worth it just to get 98 planes in action. Sounds like you think so.

Considering those 98 planes would double what you have for NF using the IJAAF, yes, it's worth it. Other groups that either arrive later or the ones that are made from recon planes will also fly the Nick Id if you want them to, and all of them upgrade to the Randy 'c' NF.

Post #: 2827
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:28:38 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Didn't realize there are so few IJAAF NF units. I'll definitely have to check my production plans.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2828
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 9:17:19 AM   
obvert

IJN NIGHT FIGHTERS
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The IJN night fighters are the first groups to appear as such. (The FB groups in IJAAF can be upgraded before as early as the Nick Id comes I believe).

All of these seem to have the same upgrade paths and I've tried quite a few of the planes. I didn't make the Judy or Myrt variants as I was looking more for radar and durability mixed with at least two 20mm canons. The J1N1 Sa with radar is the best of these in terms of shooting down bombers. The Zero variant A6M5d NF is simply there because I have a lot of Ha-35 engines and it's cheap and easy. I am able to have a good pool of these even though they die like flies.

The P1Y2-S has good durability and seems to last better, which can help harass bombers throughout a night's bombing, rather than just the first few packages. So it does make sense to have several types up there. Each has different advantages. Happily my opponent hasn't varied altitudes much and I can usually just sit right at 9k where they arrive. Still haven't figured out whether it's better to have a dive with these, but I do fly the zeros at 10-12k just in case.

The Denko has 1 x 30 RnD but is so late I think that was a waste. It won't be around until 9/45 or so. If the game goes to 46 by some miracle, then it could be worth it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2829
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 9:24:38 AM   
obvert

IJA NIGHT FIGHTERS

For the IJA everything is just a bit more complicated. Looking at the arrivals I originally had some despair, as there are only a few and one big 49 plane group. Then looking through recon plane upgrades I realized that some would upgrade to the Dinah III KAI. I think the later arriving 27 plane group started as a recon group too, but it's tough to remember. The IF Chutais can be recon, FB, and I think even LB, as well as NF, so you may just have to look through the groups. If you find some I haven't let me know.

The missing piece of course if the FB groups that can upgrade to the Nick Id (the 4th and 5th Sentai shown above). Those would have been sitting right on Tokyo and Osaka early, and I would have much less of an industry shortage now I'm sure.

The Dinah is a bit weak, but it's fast, so it can catch the B-29s. No radar limits this plane though. The Randy Ki-102c will hopefully be better. I should have it in a month or so.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 10:27:16 AM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2830
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 10:13:42 AM   
obvert

3 - 5 May 1945

SUBS: Three subs transiting through enemy territory from Singers to the East China Sea have stopped and are now going on patrol. The US CVs are suddenly huddled against the coast of Formosa. Not sure what the plan is, but if it's invasion there are still a good amount of troops here. The subs will try not only to move toward the CVs but also to turn back to spots they might end up tomorrow. All other subs are sortied as well including the late monsters, the I-400 and I-401.

DEI: A few small LCT/LSI and an SC are sunk by Jakes from Singers. Strayed too close! Beware the Jake!

STRAT BOMBING: A lot of regular 4E adding in now, which kill NF at a high rate, but haven't hit anything yet. So it's taking supply by forcing me to replace these planes, but not killing factories. It's also straining my NF production ability. The IJA side is only 40/month of Dinahs, and I can lose 15-20 in a night. Built a small pool during the recent hiatus, but that's gone again now. I've started to also put up some FB on remote NF duty and some F with good guns and durability as well, the Ki-100 and Ki-84a. If they can harass into lots of missed bombing missions it's worth the losses, and I've got the groups now since everything is moving back to the Home Islands.

On the 3rd and 4th both were big strikes. Kumamoto and Kanazawa on the 3rd. The 4th had 171 B-29s hitting Takamatsu with not one hit!!!

The NF are all now set on 3 hex react range and 53 showed up here to harass the beasts. As shown below the NF losses were heavy, but they protected everything. (Losses below). The Allies lost about 5 B-29s on the day with a lot more damaged, but our NF losses are extreme.

CHINA: The Kukong force moving to Kanhsien crossed and shocked into a ravaged para division and a commando brigade and vaporized both units on the 5th!!! Wow! Haven't seen that in a while. Felt good. They'd been moving out but it's possible that our Peggy mission to hit the troops knocked them into combat mode and slowed them enough to get caught here. This also leaves a path open to attempt to connect the IJ armies with some maneuver as shown below.

Another good day for flak in China as troops leaving Canton get another 20+ 4E/2E. No need to put up fighters here, although the supply loss is not great. Troops make the shelter of the woods on the 4th and are moving into the +3 terrain outside Kukong. The Allies have put a block here, but haven't secured the Kanhsien side, so I'm sending two brigades to try and open the hex side to walk out. The Allied monster stack will most likely catch us in the +3 terrain though, and will get an attack in if they want one. We'll have to take it. This is 3000AV with a bunch of medium arty units, and some HQs, with two command HQs in range.

I hope it's possible to get at least one negative attack to then have a few days to walk out. The Allies may have up to 6000-7000 AV in their stack though, so that might be too much of the late war stuff to handle. This is assuming he'll send everything. He could break tradition and try to actually maneuver some around my units, which would likely be most successful, or just bypass altogether for a shot at Henyang/Changsha from Kukong. That door is open if he wants it. Changsha will have about 3000AV also.

HOME ISLANDS: Suply looks to be going up for once. Some HI sputters on occasionally in various places and the lack of replacements costs looks to be getting things back to decent levels. I've taken off higher allocations for all cities now so the supply can move where needed, but it's still not getting to some bases on Kyushu very easily. Kumamoto is low and can't seem to draw.

Another Jake mission takes out a second AVD near Formosa. Small victories, but I'll take them. Love to see the NW names. This one was the Coos Bay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 3, 45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Air attack on Kumamoto , at 102,59

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid detected at 37 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M5d-S Zero x 3
J1N1-Sa Irving x 16
P1Y2-S Frances x 8

Allied aircraft
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 12

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
PB4Y-1 Liberator: 5 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 9000 feet
City Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
352 Ku S-3 with J1N1-Sa Irving (13 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
13 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 9000
Raid is overhead
S-902 Hikotai with P1Y2-S Frances (8 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
8 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead
302 Ku S-2 with A6M5d-S Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 10000
Raid is overhead
332 Ku S-3 with J1N1-Sa Irving (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Raid is overhead

Some CAP have air radar

Night Air attack on Kanazawa , at 111,57

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 36 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-46-III KAI Dinah x 11

Allied aircraft
B-29B Superfort x 26

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-29B Superfort: 5 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-29B Superfort bombing from 9000 feet *
City Attack: 18 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 36th Division, at 78,59 , near Canton

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 23 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 5
B-24J Liberator x 55
B-25D1 Mitchell x 3
B-25H Mitchell x 29
B-25J1 Mitchell x 36
B-25J11 Mitchell x 65
P-38J Lightning x 8
P-38L Lightning x 26
PBJ-1D Mitchell x 15
PBJ-1H Mitchell x 3
PBJ-1J Mitchell x 3

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 2 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 37 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 1 destroyed by flak
B-25H Mitchell: 11 damaged
B-25H Mitchell: 1 destroyed by flak
B-25J1 Mitchell: 12 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 34 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 2 destroyed by flak
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 5 damaged
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 1 destroyed by flak
PBJ-1H Mitchell: 3 damaged
PBJ-1J Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
754 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 36 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 73 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 28 (7 destroyed, 21 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PBJ-1D Mitchell bombing from 6000 feet *
Ground Attack: 3 x 500 lb GP Bomb

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 4, 45

Night Air attack on Takamatsu , at 107,59

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 35 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
A6M5d-S Zero x 6
J1N1-Sa Irving x 20
Ki-46-III KAI Dinah x 27

Allied aircraft
B-29-1 Superfort x 16
B-29-25 Superfort x 69

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5d-S Zero: 1 destroyed
Ki-46-III KAI Dinah: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-29-1 Superfort: 1 damaged
B-29-25 Superfort: 5 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x B-29-25 Superfort bombing from 9000 feet *

Night Air attack on Takamatsu , at 107,59

Raid spotted at 45 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
J1N1-Sa Irving x 8
Ki-46-III KAI Dinah x 1

Allied aircraft
B-29-25 Superfort x 5

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B-29-25 Superfort bombing from 9000 feet *

Morning Air attack on 22nd Ind.Mixed Brigade, at 79,58 , near Kukong

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 4
B-24J Liberator x 35
B-25H Mitchell x 20
B-25J1 Mitchell x 48
B-25J11 Mitchell x 54
P-38J Lightning x 6
P-38L Lightning x 20
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 15
PBJ-1D Mitchell x 17
PBJ-1J Mitchell x 9

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 1 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 25 damaged
B-25H Mitchell: 4 damaged
B-25J1 Mitchell: 10 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 14 damaged
PB4Y-1 Liberator: 1 damaged
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 6 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
633 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 27 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 57 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 42 (3 destroyed, 39 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x PBJ-1D Mitchell bombing from 10000 feet *

Ground combat at Pingsiang (82,54)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 9513 troops, 49 guns, 1033 vehicles, Assault Value = 1022

Defending force 84 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Allied adjusted assault: 615

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 615 to 1 (fort level 3)

Allied forces CAPTURE Pingsiang !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
118 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 7 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
Gardner's Horse Regiment
Provisionl Tank Brigade
254th Armoured Brigade
Guides Cavalry Regiment
11th PAVO Regiment
50th Tank Brigade
18th Cavalry Regiment
255th Indian Tank Brigade
3rd Cavalry Regiment

Defending units:
23rd JNAF AF Unit /1

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR March 5, 45

Morning Air attack on TF, near Miyako-jima at 91,66

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 4,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
E13A1b Jake x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1b Jake: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AVD Coos Bay, Bomb hits 2, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x E13A1b Jake bombing from 1000 feet
Naval Attack: 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on TF, near Billiton at 53,92

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 5,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 2 damaged

Allied Ships
SC PC-776, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
LST-270, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
18 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x E13A1 Jake bombing from 1000 feet

Massive explosion on LST-270

Morning Air attack on 44th Parachute Division, at 81,57 (Kanhsien)

Raid spotted at 10 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 2 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-67-Ia (T) Peggy x 42

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-67-Ia (T) Peggy: 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
77 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-67-Ia (T) Peggy bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on 68th Division, at 79,58 , near Kukong

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 4
B-24J Liberator x 48
B-25H Mitchell x 9
B-25J1 Mitchell x 30
B-25J11 Mitchell x 48
P-38J Lightning x 7
P-38L Lightning x 21
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 14
PBJ-1D Mitchell x 11
PBJ-1J Mitchell x 10

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 3 damaged
B-24J Liberator: 20 damaged
B-25H Mitchell: 3 damaged
B-25J1 Mitchell: 7 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 15 damaged
PB4Y-1 Liberator: 6 damaged
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
128 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 7 (1 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x PBJ-1D Mitchell bombing from 10000 feet *

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Miyako-jima at 91,66

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 14 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1b Jake x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AVD Coos Bay, Bomb hits 5, heavy fires, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x E13A1b Jake bombing from 1000 feet

Massive explosion on AVD Coos Bay

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Billiton at 53,92

Raid spotted at 42 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 3 damaged

Allied Ships
LCT-465, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
LCI-522, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk

Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x E13A1 Jake bombing from 1000 feet

Ground combat at Kanhsien (81,57)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 79463 troops, 772 guns, 273 vehicles, Assault Value = 2800

Defending force 7276 troops, 122 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 195

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 3299

Allied adjusted defense: 5

Japanese assault odds: 659 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kanhsien !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: disruption(-), fatigue(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
1621 casualties reported
Squads: 10 destroyed, 64 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 24 disabled
Guns lost 13 (2 destroyed, 11 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
5353 casualties reported
Squads: 450 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 194 destroyed, 153 disabled
Engineers: 40 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 152 (152 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 1
Units destroyed 1

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
84th Ind.Mixed Brigade
20th Engineer Regiment
Kure 2nd SNLF
15th Division
131st Division
26th Engineer Regiment
14th RGC Temp./A Division
22nd Division
1st Ind.Infantry Brigade
71st Engineer Regiment
5th Ind.Infantry Bde /1
54th Infantry Brigade
2nd Ind.Infantry Brigade
67th Ind.Infantry Battalion
3rd Ind.Mixed Brigade
58th Division
60th Division
15th Naval Guard Unit
62nd Ind.Mixed Brigade
2nd South Seas Det. /1
4th Air Army
China Expeditionary Army
6th Area Army
2nd Rocket Gun Battalion
12th Army
2nd JAAF Base Force
20th Ind. Mtn Gun Battalion
12th RF Gun Battalion
4th Mortar Battalion
Southern Army
3rd Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd RF Gun Battalion
20th Army
38th Army
33rd Army
23rd Army
25th Ind. Field Artillery Battalion
10th Special Base Force
35th JAAF AF Bn

Defending units:
3rd Commando Brigade
44th Parachute Division

Reinforcements:

Tsingtao Ku K-3 arrives at Tokyo
Isahaya Ku K-4 arrives at Nagoya
Isahaya Ku K-2 arrives at Osaka/Kyoto
Tsuiki Ku K-1 arrives at Tokyo
Tsuiki Ku K-4 arrives at Tokyo
Tsuiki Ku K-3 arrives at Tokyo
201st Shinbu-tai arrives at Fukuoka
202nd Shinbu-tai arrives at Fukuoka
203rd Shinbu-tai arrives at Fukuoka
79th Field AA Battalion arrives at Tokyo
100th Ind.Hvy.Art Battalion arrives at Tokyo
Sanin JNAF Base Force arrives at Hiroshima/Kure
Naikai JNAF Base Force arrives at Matsuyama
Mineyama Ku K-3 arrives at Tokyo
Mineyama Ku K-4 arrives at Tokyo
Mineyama Ku K-1 arrives at Tokyo
Tsingtao Ku K-2 arrives at Tokyo
Shichisho Sho-tai is delayed to arrive at Tokyo
94th Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
97th Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
98th Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
201st Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
202nd Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
203rd Shinbu-tai arrives at Tokyo
91st Field AA Battalion arrives at Tokyo
5th RF Gun Battalion arrives at Tokyo
E No.79 arrives at Toky
Nansei Shoto JNAF Base Force arrives at Tokyoo

Losses:

Previous report of sinking of SS Blower incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service
Previous report of sinking of SS Sealion II incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service

Ships Sunk:

LCI-522 is reported to have been sunk near Billiton on May 05, 1945
LCT-465 is reported to have been sunk near Billiton on May 05, 1945
PT-353 is reported to have been sunk near Bataan on Jan 13, 1945
SC PC-776 is reported to have been sunk near Billiton on May 05, 1945

A very extreme example of a successful NF mission. No hits to industry, but lots of replacements needed!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 11:15:43 AM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2831
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 10:26:00 AM   
obvert

CHINA

Here is the situation. Minor successes but eventually the massed Allied armies will punch through. I just want to make it take more time. So far so good.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 11:26:09 AM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2832
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 11:57:09 AM   
obvert

INDUSTRY

Here is a look at it all. Supply is obviously the issue. Since HI has been less productive it's been hard to maintain decent levels even on the Home Islands. Some is sputtering along sporadically. A little bit of oil is still coming from Shikuka and from Hokkaido.

Resources are good for the rest of the game. I could have stopped those shipments much earlier. Good to know for next time.

Although ship use looks a bit high for this point in the war, the majority of these have been fueled from other ships bunkers of rthe past few months.

HI has been going downhill for almost two months now, but there is enough at current levels of production to go for another 10-12 months. So HI is not my issue, it's supply. That means whatever I have to do to maintain the supply production I still have I need to do. More day fighter groups will be placed on NF duty and a systematic coverage plan for the Home Islands LI will be put into place. The production in Manchuria will also be protected in major spots.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 3:17:49 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2833
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 1:34:36 PM   
Wuffer

you did a tremendous job, I think :-)

a complete div gone... in May 1945

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2834
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 2:01:15 PM   
catwhoorg

Its very enlightening reading about your struggles.

Not that I'll be playing Japan anytime soon, but its very good information to be filed away.

(in reply to Wuffer)
Post #: 2835
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 2:19:54 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wuffer

you did a tremendous job, I think :-)

a complete div gone... in May 1945

Well, I had a bit of help somehow with that one, as the para-drop is what disabled them. Still, it does feel good. Once the Chinese get supply and break free though it will be a steamroller. Then the Russians will most likely make that loo like child's play. Fun fun fun!

(in reply to Wuffer)
Post #: 2836
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 2:24:24 PM   
setloz

What else can you do to save supply even more? Any factories still repairing/converting? Turn of replacements for some less important units in the HI?

What about loading supplies from the cut-out/not important areas and dumping it back on HI?

I just finished reading through your AAR - great read! Thanks for all the effort in keeping this AAR up. It's a wealth of information, especially about lategame issues.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 2837
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 2:32:20 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: catwhoorg

Its very enlightening reading about your struggles.

Not that I'll be playing Japan anytime soon, but its very good information to be filed away.

Thanks! I would think this stuff would be just as interesting to an Allied player. Not only can you see the Allied plan in his, but the results here which he only has a glimpse of really. Shhhhhhh!

There is so much that Jocke has done well since 43 that it's a virtual blueprint for late game play. It's a bit linear sometimes, but with the Allied stuff from 44 on why not? The concentration of force was a major goal in the actual war as well, and he's figured out how to really make that happen successfully here.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 2838
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 3:14:25 PM   
catwhoorg

It certainly is, not just the fuel limitations, not just HI points, not just armament stocks etc, but supply as well.

A seemingly innocuous stand in 1942/3 that burns a bunch of supply can clearly have significant effects later on.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2839
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 3:50:32 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: setloz

What else can you do to save supply even more? Any factories still repairing/converting? Turn of replacements for some less important units in the HI?

What about loading supplies from the cut-out/not important areas and dumping it back on HI?

I just finished reading through your AAR - great read! Thanks for all the effort in keeping this AAR up. It's a wealth of information, especially about lategame issues.

Glad it's helped.

As for supply, all factory repairs including R n D were terminated sometime in mid-late 44. All replacements are off other than incoming base forces and AA units.

There are no areas available for shipping supplies back. The Allies control the important approaches from the DEI and from Central Pacific, but little is left out there. If I could get something from Singers that would be great, but the single ship TFs I've sent have all been sunk. My last fuel and supply runs were in early 45 running the gauntlet. Made it with an extra 50k fuel or so the KB was running on for a long time.

No, not much else to do except to turn off all air units and let them sit. I've been disbanding any I don't need, but all of these training unit just keep flooding in.

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/21/2014 7:11:35 PM >

(in reply to setloz)
Post #: 2840
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 5:26:17 PM   
FeurerKrieg

Helpful stuff again on the night fighter, obvert.

I'm at work now, but I wonder if the fighter units that upgrade to the Nick will also go to Nick 1d. I had to jot them down and I check my post it evertime I am about to upgrade a fighter unit because my first go in this game I upgraded them to Oscars and once you do that you can't get back to the Nick even with PDU on. I think there are five units like that - one or two are Oscar 1a's, which is why I am still flying 1a in Port Moresby in April 42, because that unit will upgrade to Nick - but only if I don't upgrade it to Oscar C.

I'll check again tonight (if I remember) and report back.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2841
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:12:35 PM   
obvert

Could be. I'd have to check if the ones that are FB using the Randy would go to the Nick Id if I converted back to the Nick line.

Post #: 2842
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:16:29 PM   
obvert

Actually I tried the 21st Sentai and they didn't show the Nick Id in the possible upgrade list after downgrading back to the Nick Ia.

The training groups flying the Nick don't have it either.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2843
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 6:51:19 PM   
FeurerKrieg

The downgrade might not help. I think one of them is the 5th, which clearly works for Nick 1d as you have shown. 5th might not be the right one, but just to illustrate how other units might work - At game start 5th is Nates (fighter), with an allowable upgrade to Nick 1a (fighter-bomber) once that plane is available. If you upgrade it to Oscars, the Nick upgrade goes away. If you drop it back down to Nates again, the Nick option is still gone - it doesn't come back. So there are some upgrades that you have to be careful about since it will shut off certain options forever.

So it may be that even when you down grade back to Nick it doesn't show Nick D, but maybe before it was ever upgraded it would show nick d. Maybe not, but I'm going to take a closer look and I'll report back here for anyone else that is interested.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2844
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/21/2014 9:09:03 PM   
obvert

quote:

The downgrade might not help. I think one of them is the 5th, which clearly works for Nick 1d as you have shown. 5th might not be the right one, but just to illustrate how other units might work - At game start 5th is Nates (fighter), with an allowable upgrade to Nick 1a (fighter-bomber) once that plane is available. If you upgrade it to Oscars, the Nick upgrade goes away. If you drop it back down to Nates again, the Nick option is still gone - it doesn't come back. So there are some upgrades that you have to be careful about since it will shut off certain options forever.

So it may be that even when you down grade back to Nick it doesn't show Nick D, but maybe before it was ever upgraded it would show nick d. Maybe not, but I'm going to take a closer look and I'll report back here for anyone else that is interested.

Great! I remember searching for units that would take the Nick and hearing about that upgrade without a return path. I think I got al lot the Nick groups I could and also changed one or two from 2E bomber groups.

Post #: 2845
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/22/2014 4:49:57 PM   
obvert

6 - 8 May 1945

SUBS: The Allied CVs moved back, then moved out again into the East China Sea. It looks like they're LR CAPing Taihoku transports. A bunch of intercept messages came through, but very few planes were lost, thankfully. Anyway, the subs have moved back toward Nagasaki. Two were hit by air search and will need a few days in the yard.

STRAT BOMBING: None these turns.

CHINA: THE CHINESE ATTACK!! A massive force of 450,000 and about 18,000AV of Chinese troops attack at Kweiyang. This is where games without stacking limits get silly. Thankfully they achieved only a 1:1 against our 2,000AV dug in there, and took almost 300 destroyed and 3,200 disabled infantry squads! We had only around 250 destroyed or disabled. That is a huge victory! It also should mean there is some time before another attack comes at Kweiyang.

The turn before, on the 7th, a few small units made a suicide recon move across the river and were obliterated. Of course they got full intel of all troops present. In this case that helped me though.

Our troops move toward the roadblock near Kukong, being boomed along the way, but look to be able to open the door at least before the main Allied Army arrives. One day out now. The armor that moved to take Psingiang is now heading SE again, toward Kanhsien. I've let me trips there show movement to the SE themselves for today, but I may reverse them tomorrow.

HOME ISLANDS: Still have some big base forces to fill out with support units. These are ones that have 12cm DP guns and 8cm DP guns, so are very useful. That and the huge number of training units training is still keeping supply down. Every turn I turn off a few more air groups that have trained to appropriate levels.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 6, 45

Afternoon Air attack on 10th Special Base Force, at 81,57 (Kanhsien)

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 57 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24J Liberator x 4
B-24J Liberator x 35
B-25D1 Mitchell x 17
P-38J Lightning x 9
P-38L Lightning x 18
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 15
PBJ-1D Mitchell x 12

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 21 damaged
B-25D1 Mitchell: 5 damaged
PBJ-1D Mitchell: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
691 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 29 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 44 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x PBJ-1D Mitchell bombing from 10000 feet *

Ground combat at Tsuyung (68,46)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 44444 troops, 873 guns, 539 vehicles, Assault Value = 1081

Defending force 22088 troops, 309 guns, 87 vehicles, Assault Value = 455

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Allied adjusted assault: 669

Japanese adjusted defense: 5482

Allied assault odds: 1 to 8 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(+)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
354 casualties reported
Squads: 13 destroyed, 22 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 9 (1 destroyed, 8 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1151 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 161 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 26 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 27 disabled
Guns lost 29 (3 destroyed, 26 disabled)

Assaulting units:
23rd Indian Division
7th Indian Division
25th Indian Division
8th New Chinese Corps
23rd AA Bde
4th West African AA Regiment
104th RAF Base Force
56th Heavy Regiment
3rd West African AA Regiment
117th RAF Base Force
1st Burma Auxiliary AA Regiment
88th Medium Regiment
2nd West African AA Regiment
2nd HK&S Heavy AA Regiment

Defending units:
37th Division
104th Division
40th Division
9th Ind.Mixed Brigade
1st Army
23rd JAAF AF Bn

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 7, 45

Morning Air attack on Fukue-jima , at 101,58

Raid detected at 33 NM, estimated altitude 33,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 12 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A7M2 Sam x 37
J2M3 Jack x 11
N1K2-J George x 11
Ki-43-IV Oscar x 18
Ki-84a Frank x 34
Ki-84r Frank x 68
Ki-100-I Tony x 36

Allied aircraft
F4U-1A Corsair x 42

Japanese aircraft losses
A7M2 Sam: 4 destroyed
Ki-43-IV Oscar: 1 destroyed
Ki-84a Frank: 1 destroyed
Ki-100-I Tony: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1A Corsair: 2 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x F4U-1A Corsair sweeping at 32000 feet

Morning Air attack on 61st Infantry Brigade, at 79,58 , near Kukong

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 80 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 24 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-25H Mitchell x 6
B-25J1 Mitchell x 56
B-25J11 Mitchell x 15
P-38L Lightning x 19
PBJ-1J Mitchell x 8

Allied aircraft losses
B-25H Mitchell: 1 damaged
B-25J1 Mitchell: 16 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 5 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
122 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x PBJ-1J Mitchell bombing from 10000 feet *

Morning Air attack on 20th Army, at 81,57 (Kanhsien)

Raid detected at 74 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 25 minutes

Allied aircraft
Liberator B.VI x 15
Liberator GR.VI x 16
B-24J Liberator x 4
B-24J Liberator x 112
PB4Y-1 Liberator x 24

Allied aircraft losses
B-24J Liberator: 21 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
608 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 37 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 82 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 20 disabled
Vehicles lost 12 (1 destroyed, 11 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x PB4Y-1 Liberator bombing from 6000 feet
Ground Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Ground combat at Kweiyang (74,49)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 11526 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 18963 - not really! This is a shock across by other units to test the strength of our forces.

Defending force 53355 troops, 475 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 1942

Allied adjusted assault: 127

Japanese adjusted defense: 4403

Allied assault odds: 1 to 34 (fort level 6)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
57 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1279 casualties reported
Squads: 17 destroyed, 164 disabled
Non Combat: 9 destroyed, 15 disabled
Units destroyed 2

Assaulting units:
100th Chinese Corps
27th Chinese Corps
8th Chinese Corps
61st Chinese Corps
52nd Chinese Corps
53rd Chinese Corps
47th Chinese Corps
13th Chinese Corps
65th Chinese Corps
87th Chinese Corps
76th Chinese Corps
11th Chinese Corps
19th Chinese Corps
21st Chinese Corps
96th Chinese Corps
10th Chinese Corps
25th Chinese Corps
45th Chinese Corps
99th Chinese Corps
84th Chinese Corps
43rd Chinese Corps
94th Chinese Corps
18th Chinese Corps
60th Chinese Corps
56th Chinese Corps
32nd Chinese Corps
4th Chinese Corps
70th Chinese Corps
97th Chinese Corps
68th Chinese Corps
2nd Chinese Corps
1st Prov Chinese Corps
62nd Chinese Corps
93rd Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
30th Chinese Corps
75th Chinese Corps
26th Chinese Corps
49th Chinese Corps
59th Chinese Corps
74th Chinese Corps
20th Chinese Corps
8th Prov Chinese Corps
85th Chinese Corps
69th Chinese Corps
1st Chinese Corps
33rd Chinese Corps
91st Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
22nd Chinese Corps
40th Chinese Corps
51st Chinese Corps
48th Chinese Corps
23rd Chinese Corps
7th Chinese Corps
15th Chinese Corps
66th Chinese Corps Corps
50th Chinese Corps
83rd Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
16th Chinese Corps
72nd Chinese Corps
89th Chinese Corps
28th Chinese Corps
73rd Chinese Corps
63rd Chinese Corps
2nd Prov Chinese Corps
5th Group Army
9th War Area
7th War Area
7th Construction Regiment
7th Chinese Base Force
13th Chinese Base Force
37th Group Army
12th Chinese Base Force
55th Chinese Corps
17th Group Army
CCAHQ
22nd Group Army
23rd Group Army
36th Group Army
10th Chinese Base Force
18th Group Army
10th Group Army
35th Group Army
30th Group Army
16th Construction Regiment
2nd War Area
40th Group Army
Jingcha War Area
20th Group Army
2nd Group Army
14th Group Army
1st War Area
3rd War Area
15th Group Army
6th Group Army
21st Group Army
39th Group Army
1st Group Army
11th Construction Regiment
29th Group Army
9th Chinese Base Force
38th Group Army
4th Chinese Base Force
Red Chinese Army
7th Group Army
12th Group Army
Z' Force
19th Group Army
5th War Area
1st Construction Regiment
11th Group Army
31st Group Army
9th Group Army
17th Chinese Base Force
27th Group Army
33rd Group Army
2nd Chinese Base Force
8th Group Army
4th Group Army
18th Chinese Base Force
24th Group Army
13th Group Army
28th Group Army
64th Chinese Corps
11th Chinese Base Force
32nd Group Army
15th Chinese Base Force
34th Group Army
7th Artillery Regiment
3rd Group Army
26th Group Army
6th War Area
20th Chinese Base Force
25th Group Army
Lusu War Area
17th Construction Regiment
Central Reserve
13th Construction Regiment
3rd Construction Regiment
16th Group Army
20th Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
115th Division
71st Infantry Brigade
Nanking Naval Guard Unit
41st Division
34th Division
48th Division
Mongol Garrison Army
39th JAAF AF Bn

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 7, 45

Afternoon Air attack on 48th Division, at 74,49 (Kweiyang)

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-25H Mitchell x 12
B-25J1 Mitchell x 11
B-25J11 Mitchell x 11

Allied aircraft losses
B-25H Mitchell: 3 damaged
B-25J1 Mitchell: 4 damaged
B-25J11 Mitchell: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
70 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x B-25J1 Mitchell bombing from 10000 feet *

Ground combat at Kweilin (76,54)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 41730 troops, 583 guns, 266 vehicles, Assault Value = 1643

Defending force 8071 troops, 82 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 157

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Allied adjusted assault: 905

Japanese adjusted defense: 101

Allied assault odds: 8 to 1 (fort level 4)

Allied forces CAPTURE Kweilin !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), op mode(-), preparation(-)
experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1522 casualties reported
Squads: 90 destroyed, 14 disabled
Non Combat: 124 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 50 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 32 (14 destroyed, 18 disabled)
Vehicles lost 8 (8 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 9

Allied ground losses:
347 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 30 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Vehicles lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
81st (West African) Division
150th RAC Regiment
11th (East African) Division
6th New Chinese Corps

Defending units:
4th Ind.Mixed Regiment
8th RGC Route Brigade
6th Ind.Infantry Brigade
5th NCPC Infantry Brigade
14th Naval Construction Battalion
7th Ind. Field Artillery Battalion
53rd Field AA Battalion
6th Shipping Engineer Regiment
55th Construction Battalion
70th JAAF AF Bn

Ground combat at Kweiyang (74,49)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 465000 troops, 1192 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 18809

Defending force 53204 troops, 474 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 1930

Allied adjusted assault: 7861

Japanese adjusted defense: 4727

Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 6)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 5

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), fatigue(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
3698 casualties reported
Squads: 25 destroyed, 222 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 74 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 47 disabled
Guns lost 55 (3 destroyed, 52 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
37299 casualties reported
Squads: 286 destroyed, 3220 disabled

Non Combat: 15 destroyed, 143 disabled
Engineers: 8 destroyed, 67 disabled
Guns lost 53 (7 destroyed, 46 disabled)

Assaulting units:
49th Chinese Corps
28th Chinese Corps
45th Chinese Corps
21st Chinese Corps
13th Chinese Corps
72nd Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
59th Chinese Corps
99th Chinese Corps
87th Chinese Corps
62nd Chinese Corps
100th Chinese Corps
48th Chinese Corps
53rd Chinese Corps
47th Chinese Corps
91st Chinese Corps
32nd Chinese Corps
40th Chinese Corps
75th Chinese Corps
50th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
84th Chinese Corps
68th Chinese Corps
8th Prov Chinese Corps
51st Chinese Corps
20th Chinese Corps
2nd Chinese Corps
66th Chinese Corps Corps
60th Chinese Corps
85th Chinese Corps
65th Chinese Corps
83rd Chinese Corps
63rd Chinese Corps
19th Chinese Corps
69th Chinese Corps
7th Chinese Corps
25th Chinese Corps
94th Chinese Corps
26th Chinese Corps
56th Chinese Corps
89th Chinese Corps
23rd Chinese Corps
15th Chinese Corps
10th Chinese Corps
43rd Chinese Corps
61st Chinese Corps
33rd Chinese Corps
73rd Chinese Corps
74th Chinese Corps
52nd Chinese Corps
4th Chinese Corps
27th Chinese Corps
93rd Chinese Corps
18th Chinese Corps
1st Chinese Corps
70th Chinese Corps
11th Chinese Corps
16th Chinese Corps
22nd Chinese Corps
30th Chinese Corps
8th Chinese Corps
96th Chinese Corps
1st Prov Chinese Corps
97th Chinese Corps
76th Chinese Corps
2nd Prov Chinese Corps
9th War Area
13th Chinese Base Force
16th Construction Regiment
28th Group Army
17th Chinese Base Force
Lusu War Area
35th Group Army
10th Chinese Base Force
CCAHQ
8th Group Army
31st Group Army
9th Chinese Base Force
2nd War Area
39th Group Army
4th Chinese Base Force
12th Chinese Base Force
7th Chinese Base Force
3rd Group Army
37th Group Army
6th Group Army
7th War Area
25th Group Army
16th Group Army
Jingcha War Area
5th Group Army
36th Group Army
29th Group Army
17th Group Army
19th Group Army
13th Group Army
4th Group Army
18th Group Army
15th Chinese Base Force
38th Group Army
7th Construction Regiment
7th Group Army
11th Chinese Base Force
10th Group Army
24th Group Army
34th Group Army
27th Group Army
15th Group Army
6th War Area
18th Chinese Base Force
13th Construction Regiment
14th Group Army
5th War Area
Central Reserve
3rd Construction Regiment
21st Group Army
55th Chinese Corps
33rd Group Army
64th Chinese Corps
Z' Force
2nd Chinese Base Force
26th Group Army
9th Group Army
11th Group Army
23rd Group Army
20th Chinese Base Force
1st War Area
40th Group Army
32nd Group Army
Red Chinese Army
1st Construction Regiment
3rd War Area
17th Construction Regiment
2nd Group Army
20th Group Army
1st Group Army
12th Group Army
22nd Group Army
30th Group Army
11th Construction Regiment

Defending units:
Nanking Naval Guard Unit
34th Division
41st Division
71st Infantry Brigade
115th Division
48th Division
Mongol Garrison Army
39th JAAF AF Bn

Reinforcements:

47th Sentai arrives at Shanghai
721 Ku S-1 arrives at Hiroshima/Kure
S-310 Hikotai arrives at Hiroshima/Kure
7th JAAF AF Coy arrives at Tokyo
19th RF Gun Battalion arrives at Tokyo
ML G-617 arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka
46th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
32nd JAAF AF Coy arrives at Tokyo

Losses:

Loss of PB Wa 5 on May 06, 1945 is admitted
Loss of PB Asahi Maru on May 06, 1945 is admitted
Loss of PB Ataka Maru on May 06, 1945 is admitted
Loss of SSX Ha-D-125 on May 06, 1945 is admitted

Ships Sunk:

PT-264 is reported to have been sunk near Batangas on Jan 21, 1945
xAK Mormacwave is reported to have been sunk near Dadjangas on Sep 09, 1944

Lots of Chinese. not as many after this turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by obvert -- 1/22/2014 6:33:16 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2846
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/22/2014 4:56:43 PM   
Lokasenna

Holy AV-stack, Batman.

I'm so glad I'm just killing the Chinese in my game instead of letting them come back to haunt me later, because "just F that", as the kids say these days.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2847
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/22/2014 4:58:41 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Holy AV-stack, Batman.

I'm so glad I'm just killing the Chinese in my game instead of letting them come back to haunt me later, because "just F that", as the kids say these days.

We are of the same mind :)

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 2848
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/22/2014 5:28:23 PM   
obvert

Well guys, I did that too. but to keep the game going I had to give some kind of compromise. Jocke thought it was critical to maintain a threat from China in the game for it to go on. We made this compromise and I wouldn't do it again, but hey, it's not a VP game so it kind of let me off of the hook in thinking about doing everything absolutely to win the VP game. I think I was able to experiment and ty more stuff as a result, and learn more.

Now I'm still learning as a result. I never would have thought we'd hold against this force. Maybe he is low on supply there? I thought against 10k we'd stand a chance, but 18k?!? I was thinking vaporized IJA divisions. they lost more disabled than we had in the battle!

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 2849
RE: Wild Sheep Chase - 1/22/2014 5:32:00 PM   
obvert

Did I read somewhere that the Chinese rate of replacements for guns is very low, or in some way limited beyond the rates for troops replacements? It seems very few guns for so many troops.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2850
Page:   <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wild Sheep Chase Page: <<   < prev  93 94 [95] 96 97   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI