Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/10/2012 6:48:15 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baelfiin

Almost a million mend and ARM in the pools,

So what's all this cr#p from other posters about how losing 80 arms factories would cause you huge problems? And that you would run out of men......................

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 61
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/10/2012 8:06:56 PM   
Baelfiin

no idea, but it hasn't had much of an effect. That I can notice anyway. Im not goofing around with toe percent either.
Little short on trucks but thats about it.

I'll post logistics whenever you get the turn back 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 62
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/11/2012 12:31:58 AM   
Baelfiin

Ms PacMan should have kept on gobbling ....

Attachment (1)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 63
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/11/2012 3:33:45 AM   
Baelfiin

Since Sillyflower is slacking on his propaganda for this AAR I willpost a picture of the frontlines at the end of march 16, 1943.

A new offensive has opened in the north, and the red army continues to grind towards Kharkov and stalino.

The past winter snopws hampered us more than the Germans did, and we expect to launch a major offensive in the south to occupy stalino and drive across the Dnepr at Zaphorozhe in the summer.

Attachment (1)

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 64
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/14/2012 11:31:09 PM   
sillyflower

I don't know what stretch gumby is, but I do know that only mud is saving you at the moment

I actually killed my first combat unit ( tk brigade) in months thanks to a shatter. 10 APs down the swannee

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 1/14/2012 11:32:37 PM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 65
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/15/2012 1:28:08 AM   
Baelfiin

hehehehe

You must be in big trouble if you are cheering about killing a tank brigade 8). what kind of shape are your SS pzg in after I pounded them?

Besides its only mud saving YOU atm =p

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

Post #: 66
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/19/2012 11:41:45 PM   
sillyflower

Germans enter campaigning season with over 4M active troops and a foolproof defence strategy.

If I know anything about IT, my trick of throwing water over the screen at the end of the turn will ensure Russians get mud weather in their turn.

web exchange

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 67
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/20/2012 12:08:16 AM   
Peltonx

Very even game for sure. The Russian player seems to have good cv for 3/43.

Silly's fool proof tragedy had better include allot of forts. 4 million is a nice number, but it can easly drop 300k in just 10 turns come late 43.

The armament issue become a crunch only if the German player is able to have a good 42 to follow up. 712,000 is not high for this time in game, but not a disaster.

I say Russian has the upper hand in this one, but only by a little.

Its not how many troops you have its the morale of the troops you have.

Pelton

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 68
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/20/2012 1:36:58 AM   
Baelfiin

I think '43 is going to be very very bloody.

First turn in may completed and I found out the hard way that germans activate reserves really easily.

2million manpower in the pool and 800k arms, short on arty divs ( i built rocket divs instead, ooops) but the breakthrough art will be in action by july.

I have a new attack strategy to deal with SF defense "tragedy" will post screenies next turn.

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 69
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/20/2012 6:37:30 PM   
sillyflower

Pelton - we agreed to play to 'historical' win so B has to take Berlin in or before 1st turn of May 45 or earlier so it will be easier to hang on. I look to your AAR for inspiration. I also hope you are right when you said that for commies to lose 80 arms factories will be a big problem for them

If/ when we ever get to finish and swap sides I expect a 'win' will be doing better than the other guy so there is everything to play for.

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 1/20/2012 6:40:48 PM >

web exchange

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 70
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/20/2012 6:41:46 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Silly's fool proof tragedy

I hope English is not your 1st language so that this is an error.

web exchange

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 71
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/21/2012 1:54:23 AM   
Baelfiin

Despite casualties my ARM and MAN continue to grow

Attachment (1)

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

Post #: 72
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/21/2012 9:13:57 AM   
sillyflower

Do I care? No

What I do worry about is that thanks to Pelton I now have that wretched Bee Gees song in my head

web exchange

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 73
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 1/21/2012 5:17:31 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Do I care? No

What I do worry about is that thanks to Pelton I now have that wretched Bee Gees song in my head

I would recommend a session with Krupp_88 if you are having BeeGee issues ....

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

Post #: 74
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 2/20/2012 6:39:17 PM   
sillyflower

Now mid August '43 and good guy losses starting to run at about 50K per turn now Mr B's army is packing more punch backed up by seemingly limitless men and arms point despite losing about 80 arms factories in '41. I must also start getting used to my CV halving in combat whilst his doubles. Most distressing.

It's a year later now than any other game I've played and a change in attitude is required. I must not cry when that silly Hitler person keeps taking my best units and invaluable HQs away for no good reason, and my italian fort guards vanish.

Roll on '44 when I can reasonably start thinking about how many turns I have to survive - we are playing to historical end date for capture of Berlin so there is hope.

As this is a shared AAR Mr B will have to post an edited map of his progress as I don't want to give away all my little secrets

web exchange

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 75
RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Silly... - 2/20/2012 6:41:54 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Now mid August '43 and good guy losses starting to run at about 50K per turn now Mr B's army is packing more punch backed up by seemingly limitless men and arms point despite losing about 80 arms factories in '41. I must also start getting used to my CV halving in combat whilst his doubles. Most distressing.

It's a year later now than any other game I've played and a change in attitude is required. I must not cry when that silly Hitler person keeps taking my best units and invaluable HQs away for no good reason, and my italian fort guards vanish. B also a bit stingy o about exposing his mobile forces to counter-attack which is a bit unsporting. No doubt another nerf prevents him from having to.

Roll on '44 when I can reasonably start thinking about how many turns I have to survive - we are playing to historical end date for capture of Berlin so there is hope.

As this is a shared AAR Mr B will have to post an edited map of his progress as I don't want to give away all my little secrets

web exchange

Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI