Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 6/26/2017 4:25:05 AM   
rustysi

Bump. For all you newbies who may wish to learn how to play this game. Read this. Its where I learned.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2641
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 6/26/2017 5:17:05 AM   
PaxMondo

Yeah, Major Mike is the master where all of us started.

Pax

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 2642
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 6/26/2017 1:12:54 PM   
Encircled

Anyone who wants to learn how to play the Japanese needs to read this AAR.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 2643
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 6/26/2017 2:30:11 PM   
Kitakami

His grasp on logistics is superb. A must for any Japanese Fanboy (TM).

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 2644
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 6/26/2017 4:28:55 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

He's a professional logician. Think any of us could get paid for it?

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 2645
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 8/31/2017 5:09:59 PM   
MakeeLearn

So Sorry, My Island Now!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2646
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 8/31/2017 11:26:54 PM   
Zorch

Close, but not exactly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2647
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 8/31/2017 11:27:46 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

His wife has his labtop been his last words

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2648
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 9/1/2017 3:23:23 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

I did!
PS. It is "logistician". A logician would be someone who specializes in logic - like Mr. Spock. Live long and prosper! _\\//

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 9/1/2017 3:26:29 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2649
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 9/1/2017 9:53:22 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

I did!
PS. It is "logistician". A logician would be someone who specializes in logic - like Mr. Spock. Live long and prosper! _\\//

I sit corrected.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2650
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 9:41:15 PM   
Mike Solli

Hi guys! It's good to be back. I've been gone almost 2 years to the day. I wanted to let you all know why I left & (I guess) why I'm back. Plain and simple, I just needed a break from this wonderful game. I'm pretty sure my opponent, Ted, also needed a break. Nothing bad was going on in my life. Actually, things have been wonderful. My wife and kids (and cats) are all healthy and happy. I actually have a new member to my family. My daughter got married this past September. Also, my son is getting married in about 6 weeks. We're finally going to be kidless. Not really, they're all living/going to be living about 10 minutes away, so they're still around a lot, but they won't spend the night. I still work for the DoD, and plan on retiring in about 3 years.

It's really weird about taking a break from WitP and this site. Ted and I had slowed down doing our turns dramatically. There would be a week or more between getting the turn to the other person. Whoever had the turn would send an email saying it was coming that evening and then....nothing. We haven't even talked since we stopped playing. There was nothing wrong. I think we were both weary. We had been playing each other since 2005. I'm going to send him an email tonight to see what's going on in his life and if he wants to continue this game. I'd like to, but we'll see.

It's really odd, but since I stopped playing, I still carried my notes with me to work every day for the past 2 years. About 6 months ago, I upgraded my operating system on my laptop. I use a Mac and have the HD partitioned with Windows on the other half. When I upgraded the OS, the partition disappeared. I thought everything was gone. The program I used to hop back and forth (Parallels) wouldn't work on the new system. I needed the newest version of Parallels, but didn't want to buy it because of the weddings. I was also crushed because I lost everything. So I set WitP aside and focused on my family. A few weeks ago, I pulled out my notes at lunch and realized I had that WitP itch back. A week ago, I bought the new version of Parallels and installed it. Guess what? The partition was still there with all my data! I immediately opened WitP and have been relearning it.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know what's going to happen with this AAR, hopefully soon.

It's really good to be back!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2651
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 9:46:31 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Hi guys! It's good to be back. I've been gone almost 2 years to the day. I wanted to let you all know why I left & (I guess) why I'm back. Plain and simple, I just needed a break from this wonderful game. I'm pretty sure my opponent, Ted, also needed a break. Nothing bad was going on in my life. Actually, things have been wonderful. My wife and kids (and cats) are all healthy and happy. I actually have a new member to my family. My daughter got married this past September. Also, my son is getting married in about 6 weeks. We're finally going to be kidless. Not really, they're all living/going to be living about 10 minutes away, so they're still around a lot, but they won't spend the night. I still work for the DoD, and plan on retiring in about 3 years.

It's really weird about taking a break from WitP and this site. Ted and I had slowed down doing our turns dramatically. There would be a week or more between getting the turn to the other person. Whoever had the turn would send an email saying it was coming that evening and then....nothing. We haven't even talked since we stopped playing. There was nothing wrong. I think we were both weary. We had been playing each other since 2005. I'm going to send him an email tonight to see what's going on in his life and if he wants to continue this game. I'd like to, but we'll see.

It's really odd, but since I stopped playing, I still carried my notes with me to work every day for the past 2 years. About 6 months ago, I upgraded my operating system on my laptop. I use a Mac and have the HD partitioned with Windows on the other half. When I upgraded the OS, the partition disappeared. I thought everything was gone. The program I used to hop back and forth (Parallels) wouldn't work on the new system. I needed the newest version of Parallels, but didn't want to buy it because of the weddings. I was also crushed because I lost everything. So I set WitP aside and focused on my family. A few weeks ago, I pulled out my notes at lunch and realized I had that WitP itch back. A week ago, I bought the new version of Parallels and installed it. Guess what? The partition was still there with all my data! I immediately opened WitP and have been relearning it.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know what's going to happen with this AAR, hopefully soon.

Good to see you are back!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2652
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 9:46:41 PM   
ny59giants

Glad to have you back. You have been missed along with your expertise.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2653
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 9:56:06 PM   
obvert

Mike Solli!! Great to see you back around. Hope you do continue or pick up a new game. Your knowledge here has been missed!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2654
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 10:08:31 PM   
witpqs

Cool!

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2655
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/2/2017 10:10:07 PM   
Zorch

quote:

You don't back up important files? Even a thumb drive is better than nothing.

There were a few rule changes while you were away...JFBs must now build 1,000 Nates and Oscars before researching new models.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2656
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 12:07:38 AM   
Encircled

When I first played the empire this AAR was my template.

Basically, you taught me everything I know (which I've since lost as I'm now playing the allies again)

Welcome back!

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2657
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 3:34:04 AM   
Insano

Banzai!

You need to restore your production fanboy signature - that was solid gold!

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 2658
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 1:41:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

In your absence, I went through a period of burnout too, Mike. My game with SqzMyLemon withered on the vine and died as a result. I left the forum for over a year, returning about 11 months ago. More recently, he's taken a leave of absence from the forum and the game too.

It's to be expected, I guess, with a decades-long love affair with this game. All relationships ebb and flow. This one too.

Pleased to see that you are going to be around more often. My advice would be to take it slowly. Eventually you'll get back into the swing of things in a manner that suits your commitment and new life.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2659
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 1:48:54 PM   
Mike Solli

CB, that's good to hear. It's interesting that I rarely thought about this game for so long, a game that I have always loved, even during my time off. I am ready to come back.

It's also really great to see all my old friends. You guys are still crazy, by the way.

Until I hear from Ted, I'm planning on preparing another starting turn. I've learned a lot in this game and want to make some changes to the starting setup. For one, I was far too slow in my initial attacks. Ted's ability to keep Pt. Moresby and Merauke were definite chinks in my armor. I also have a few ideas on ways to simplify the movement of stuff to Japan. I definitely want to rework the shipbuilding plan. Finally, I want to rework my airframe and engine plan.

Lots to do! Excited about doing it too!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2660
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 1:49:10 PM   
MakeeLearn

A.I. Bot ?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2661
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 1:55:35 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Insano

Banzai!

You need to restore your production fanboy signature - that was solid gold!

Yep, I saw that it disappeared. I need to find a place where I can keep it. Any suggestions? The place I was using is no longer free.

(in reply to Insano)
Post #: 2662
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 1:58:42 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

Yep, I saw that it disappeared. I need to find a place where I can keep it. Any suggestions? The place I was using is no longer free.

www.ultraimg.com

< Message edited by Kitakami -- 11/3/2017 1:59:15 PM >

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2663
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 2:52:09 PM   
Mike Solli

Well, there it is. Thanks, Kitakami!

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 2664
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 3:01:29 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

Well, there it is. Thanks, Kitakami!

You are welcome. It is good to see you back!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2665
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 3:35:00 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Excellent!

May I suggest a refresher course on Japanese logistics? This one has been very helpful to very many JFBs over the years:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959613&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2666
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 3:43:13 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Excellent!

May I suggest a refresher course on Japanese logistics? This one has been very helpful to very many JFBs over the years:

lol - you know, I had already thought of that. It needs to be updated though. That guy made a few mistakes...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2667
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 4:28:58 PM   
Mike Solli

Ok guys, I'm attempting to learn this beast. Realistic R&D, on or off? I seem to recall it's not what it seems.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2668
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 4:29:39 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Excellent!

+1

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2669
RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) - 11/3/2017 4:40:07 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

Ok guys, I'm attempting to learn this beast. Realistic R&D, on or off? I seem to recall it's not what it seems.

On. Off means you can transfer production factories to R&D. I may be a JFB, but that IS a bit too much :)

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2670
Page:   <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Once Again into the Breech - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A) Page: <<   < prev  87 88 [89] 90 91   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI