Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with TOAW version incompatibility

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Help with TOAW version incompatibility Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with TOAW version incompatibility - 11/27/2011 1:50:10 PM   
marjur

Hi,
I have the following problem.

I've been playing FitE PBEM with someone; we're playing turn 42 at the moment. We use the same versions of the game (3.4.0.202) and there was no problem with this for most of the time we've been playing. However, when we were playing turn 37 and I sent it over to my opponent, he informed me that he can't load it and that there is some version compatibility problem. Apparently, TOAW displayed the following message:

We couldn't solve it, so I had to play the turn again, and sent him a new save. The same happened when we were playing turn 42.

Do you have any idea what may cause this? Could it be something with TOAW screwing up the save? Or perhaps file corrupting in email? Any ideas? Again, we checked and we have the same version.

Regards

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by marjur -- 11/27/2011 1:51:53 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility - 11/27/2011 11:54:55 PM   
1_Lzard

Hi, Marjur........

First, it's only your puter thats having a problem, right? The reason I ask is that this wouldn't be a 'normal' result of ToaW in any fashion.

We'd need to know what your puter IS in order to work on this, but meanwhile I'd suggest that you save your turns better, eh?

Any chance you could load "Game Booster 3" and get a diagnostic done? This is a program by Iobit that does a good job of figuring out everything on your puter. Link: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Kurt

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to marjur)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility - 11/30/2011 3:16:35 PM   
marjur

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?41979-Did-you-already-got-gt-this-version-of-TOAW-cannot-load-this-scenario

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility - 12/1/2011 2:27:55 PM   
1_Lzard

That set of posts is from an earlier version, but I assume it covers your problem??? Still need to know what your running for a puter, guy, as it looks like everything worked after Ralph's post, and I'm sure you've tried all their remedies.

Whatever, eh?

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to marjur)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility - 1/27/2012 2:59:17 AM   
marjur

No, actually, archiving didn't solve it. I thought it did as the problem didn't appear for a while, but it soon started to reappear.

I didn't reply for a while as I needed to test a few things.

Believe it or not, it seems that the culprit is Microsoft's hotmail, which I used to send my save files. I'm not an expert on these things but something (Microsoft's servers? or perhaps little gnomes) must have changed the files somehow now and then. Anyway, this is the only explanation as I changed my account to Google some time ago and the problem hasn't reappeared ever since.

Of course, it will need some further testing.

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Help with TOAW version incompatibility Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI