Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Update Schedule Information

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Update Schedule Information Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/7/2011 10:08:28 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

Fantastic, thanks again guys. Just one question:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
- honoring Mutual Defense Pacts or Protectorates through declaring war on attacking empire no longer cascades other wars with third-party empires

How does this change affect things? I quite liked how a small conflict between two empires could ignite a powder keg if they were each members of opposing power blocs.

There should still be powder kegs, since the AI (when angry enough via modifiers) will not hesitate to attack someone with a mutual defense pact. But for the most part, this just means that if you have Mutual Defense Pacts with other empires, they probably won't jump in to help you beat down your two-planet neighbor empire.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 31
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/7/2011 10:25:19 PM   
Cauldyth

Ah, okay, that sounds good.

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 32
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/7/2011 11:02:30 PM   
colonyan

quote:

- AI now more careful about honoring empire territory when building new bases, especially when starting a new game with a pre-expanded empire

In contrary, would AI be feel offended if human or other AI empire builds a base within their sphere of influence...?

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 33
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/14/2011 11:57:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Another update on this.

We're pretty happy with the first official update (1.7.0.6) and the 1.7.0.7 public beta. We feel these both put the game in a pretty good place as far as addressing the vast majority of significant concerns since the release. There are still bugs to fix and tweaks to make to gameplay and balance, but we want the second official update to also include some improvements.

We've discussed some of the ship design improvements aimed at making manual ship design and a mix of manual and automated ship design much easier to manage, including being able to set ship classes to manual or automated control and to set some designs to not retrofit automatically, etc.. We're also planning to make a set of recommended designs external for each of the races, so that we can provide the ship design AI (which currently works from a combination of templates and complex rules that are internal) some optimized designs to use as well for each race. These will also be accessible to the player (and the modder) so that you can encourage the AI to use particular ship designs whenever its technology and resources allow.

These improvements will take a bit longer than planned though and with the loss of a week to the holidays, we are now targeting early January for the first build with these improvements.

In general, there will be a pause in the rapid release of builds as focus is put on making those improvements for the second official update and as the various team members start their holiday vacations. There may be one more public beta this week, after that I would expect the next build in early January with some of the discussed improvements.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to colonyan)
Post #: 34
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/15/2011 12:00:12 AM   
Cauldyth

Sounds great, thanks for the update.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 35
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/15/2011 12:03:44 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Outstanding. Enjoy the Holidays. I know I will, thanks in part to this wonderful game!

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 36
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/15/2011 3:58:57 AM   
Ares106

quote:

We've discussed some of the ship design improvements aimed at making manual ship design and a mix of manual and automated ship design much easier to manage, including being able to set ship classes to manual or automated control and to set some designs to not retrofit automatically, etc.. We're also planning to make a set of recommended designs external for each of the races, so that we can provide the ship design AI (which currently works from a combination of templates and complex rules that are internal) some optimized designs to use as well for each race. These will also be accessible to the player (and the modder) so that you can encourage the AI to use particular ship designs whenever its technology and resources allow.

yes! i love that this is being addressed in the next patch

Post #: 37
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/15/2011 6:25:15 AM   
Caesar_Augustus

I am awed... as usual by this customer care!
A Merry Christmas to all of you, and as Tiny Tim would say:
God bless us, everyone!

(in reply to Ares106)
Post #: 38
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/15/2011 7:13:06 AM   
J HG T

Sounds great to me. The external ship designs should really give the AI some more edge.

EDIT: Removed "dead link"

< Message edited by J HG T -- 12/20/2011 4:27:00 PM >

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Caesar_Augustus)
Post #: 39
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 1:10:18 PM   
jlevans

Will we be seeing the additional public beta this week as mentioned or are we now looking at January? Not pushing, just inquiring. :-) Great game!

Post #: 40
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 1:37:56 PM   
Rising-Sun

Looking forward to this, great job guys :)

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 41
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 1:46:32 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you, as always!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 42
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 4:01:05 PM   
jalapen0

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlevans

Will we be seeing the additional public beta this week as mentioned or are we now looking at January? Not pushing, just inquiring. :-) Great game!

I'm assuming we won't see anything new until 2012.

(in reply to jlevans)
Post #: 43
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 4:29:31 PM   
J HG T

quote:

ORIGINAL: jalapen0

I'm assuming we won't see anything new until 2012.

I'm honestly more than fine with that. Mainly 'cause I'm (FRIGGIN' FINALLY!!!) getting a new computer on holidays. Can't wait!

< Message edited by J HG T -- 12/20/2011 4:32:08 PM >

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 44
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 5:11:40 PM   
vtecem

Sounds great, I can't wait for the changes to the ship creation screens!!!

Please allow us to change the build order of the components without having to remove them from the list first. Also, hopefully on the list on the left side the component selected and attached will not automatically jump to the top once I double click on it... I don't know how many times I've clicked on something in the middle of the list wanting more than one of that item; and it jumps to the top causing me to attach the wrong one!

Post #: 45
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/20/2011 5:41:05 PM   
the1sean

quote:

We're also planning to make a set of recommended designs external for each of the races, so that we can provide the ship design AI (which currently works from a combination of templates and complex rules that are internal) some optimized designs to use as well for each race. These will also be accessible to the player (and the modder) so that you can encourage the AI to use particular ship designs whenever its technology and resources allow.

This sounds amazing, thanks for listening to the players! I think everyone is very happy with the current state of the game, so take your time and do it right. Really looking forward to the new improvements.

Happy Holidays!

Post #: 46
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/21/2011 12:28:02 AM   
Chet Guiles

There is some confusion inb my (grantedly not especially sharp) mind about when things are prophesied to happen. The date on this posting is : 12/20/2011 9:41:05 AM (cut and pasted from the righthand margin) and so I thought you were talking about 1.7.0.8 etc.

But it actually is the old posting from before the first official update.

Suggestion: In the text of your notes regarding future events, use actual dates rather than naming days -- that way we less than astute readers can see at a glance whether it's old news, or a new post.

Looking forward to whatever you have planned for 1.7.0.8 and beyond. Hoping it will include work on the infamous ship design screen.

BTW no particular new issues to report with the 1.7.0.7 update.

Post #: 47
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/21/2011 12:42:15 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

1707 did Include some of the changes. AI Ship design has been improved a bit, and there were some very good economic changes that invovled AI Ship Design and Behaviour. The best is yet to come though, I'm sure.

(in reply to Chet Guiles)
Post #: 48
RE: Update Schedule Information - 12/21/2011 11:08:49 AM   
w1p

should start new threads, not rebump old ones as it confuses hell out of people

Not gonna chase updates, I'm perfectly happy with this game as it is, any improvements just make it better!

Post #: 49
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/6/2012 2:47:45 PM   
jalapen0

quote:

These improvements will take a bit longer than planned though and with the loss of a week to the holidays, we are now targeting early January for the first build with these improvements.

Patiently waiting.

Post #: 50
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/6/2012 9:31:04 PM   
tjhkkr

They are all on vacation... excuse me... they are all on well-deserved vacation!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 51
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/6/2012 9:45:16 PM   
J HG T

Indeed. Hopefully they are back soon; Interested to see what they are doing with designs screen and mechanics. 

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 52
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 3:35:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm back a bit later than expected. I intended to post more over the holidays, but a family crisis kept me away from work and for a week longer than planned as well. Should have more information for you all during the coming week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 53
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 3:43:31 PM   
Webbco

Sorry that you've had more family stuff going on Erik. :( Take as long as you need.

...and welcome back!

< Message edited by Webbco -- 1/8/2012 3:44:54 PM >

Post #: 54
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 7:13:15 PM   
onomastikon

The family always must have first priority! Please take your time and don't add stress to your already difficult situation! best of luck to you and your family

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 55
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 7:22:25 PM   
Blueberry

Welcome back, indeed. Looking forward to the news on the update.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 56
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 9:20:39 PM   
the1sean

Sorry to hear that Erik, good luck.

Post #: 57
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/8/2012 9:25:33 PM   
Speedy2511

The same from me Erik, good luck to you from Germany.

Greetings
Nico

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 58
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/9/2012 10:54:50 AM   
Caesar_Augustus

Sorry to hear about a family problem, Erik. Hope things turn out well. God bless!

(in reply to Speedy2511)
Post #: 59
RE: Update Schedule Information - 1/9/2012 2:41:06 PM   
Igard

Best wishes to you and your family, Erik. Hope all turns out well again, but take your time until then.

(in reply to Caesar_Augustus)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Update Schedule Information Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI