Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fantasy Football

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Fantasy Football Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fantasy Football - 11/30/2011 1:26:12 AM   
Paul Vebber

Its getting to be playoff time and the Matrix Fantasy Football leagues are VERY competitive thiis year.

In the Basic league, its effectively already playoffs with 5 teams at 7-5 and 2 teams at 6-6 behind league leading USS America Tsunami at 10-2 securing the Division 2 championship and a first round playoff bye. IN DIvision 1 Atomic Punks and Mandrakes Maulers at 7-5 are battling for the other bye with the advantage currently to the Punks with 1333 pts to the Maulers 1246. The Punks are matched against third place Kelly's zeros, currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in at 6-6 with 1193 pts, needing a high scoring win and help to make the playoffs. The Maulers play fourth place Flying Pigs who are out of it at 5-7. The battle for the DIv 1 basement sees jniers juggernaut and my Pack o'Pain playing for pride. The tough Luck Pack has the 2nd highest points scored, only 20 behind 10-2 Tsunami, but somehow ended up 4-8...

In Division 2, Tsunami plays a fifth place TGW who at 6-6 but 1281 points could give div 2 a sweep of the wild cards if the Maulers lose to Flying Pigs...but good luck against the Tsunami on a 4 game win streak! At 7-5 Northern Horde is currently in, but has a tough road to stay there with only 1119 pts but a struggling (lost 3 straight) opponent in the 7-5 Bay Area Nightmares (1281 pts), Moster may have the best chance of the 7-5 Div 2 teams going against the anemic Long Island Mad Cows at 2-10 and only 903 pts who have attracted the most points against (1 more than me!)in the league would seem to give them a decent chance of getting to 8-5.

With 8 teams in the hunt and only 1 sure thing, this will be an epic week in the Basic league. And did I say, my Pack, with the 2nd most points, ain't one of them

In the Pro League (stats heavy with individual defensive players) 3 of the playoff teams are set, Fudgehammers at 11-1 and 9137 pts is currently first, my Pack o' Pain is 10-2 and 9027 pts have the first round byes locked up. Moster at 8-4 with a league leading 9282 points is in, but after that it gets chippy. 4 teams will vie for the 3 reaming spots. The Horde at 6-6 and 8885 points plays 5-7 Pro TGW (8465pts) while the 6-6 Bruins play 3-9 Bay Area Nightmares (8337pts). If both win, or both lose, it will come down to total points with the Horde enjoying a slim 44 pt lead. If either loses, their point advantage will most likely keep them in. The 5-7 Green Giants (8638 pts) needs a big win over the mighty Fudgehammers or a Pro TGW loss to keep the 6th spot. Pro TGW must win and win big to overcome its 200pt deficit, or hope Fudgehammers gives them help.Drunken Armadillos, Bay Area Nightmares, and Hessian Cav will have to wait for next year...

In the Hall of Fame league (scoring heavy with very deep rosters) There are only 4 playoff teams, so there are 2 more weeks of play. Three of the four slots are filled by 10-2 Poundcake (2112 pts), my 8-4 Pack o' Pain with a league leading 2310 pts and 8-4 Kelly's Zeros with 2160 pts. 4 teams are still in the hunt for the 4th playoff spot, 6-6 Northern Horde (1956pts), 5-7 HOF TGW (1932pts), my daughter's 5-7 YikesdaVikes (1823pts) and the dark horse, but not mathematically elimined 4-8 Moster (1839pts). Only 2-10 Drunken Armadillos (1780pts) is out.
Northern Horde can get the upper hand if they beat YikesdaVikes, which would force HOF TGW to beat league leading Poundcake to not be eliminated. Moster needs to beat my Pack and get losses by Horde and HOF TGW to have a snowballs chance...it would still need a win against HOF TGW next week and Zeroes win over Northern Horde AND still have to make up a 120 deficit to the Horde. Slim, but what a Cinderella Story!

Good luck to all and i will keep you'all posted!

Post #: 1
RE: Fantasy Football - 11/30/2011 3:06:16 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

In the way of a punctuation mark for Paul's post, I'd like to nominate the "commish" for MVP. It turns out that managing a league is actually a lot of work, and Paul has soldiered-on, tirelessly, to keep everything up-to-date. In that same vane, I'd encourage others to participate when the 2012 season arrives. I'm a strategy-gamer, not an NFL-devotee, but I've enjoyed the competition, immensely, for the last four seasons. For the uninitiated, it's all statistics-based, so your analytical skills will put you in good stead, regardless of your credentials as a judge of superior "horse-flesh," or lack, thereof.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/1/2011 12:33:32 AM   
Arctic Blast

Appreciate you running the leagues as usual, Paul.

I have never seen so many teams still in the mix this close to the end...insanity!

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 3
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/1/2011 1:20:01 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, thank you Paul for running this each year!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 4
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/5/2011 4:17:03 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Looks like the rankings wont change after week 13 in the Matrix Basic (A bit left on the Sunday night game and the Monday night game still to come but it is unlikely to change anything). I suspect we will have 4 x 8-5 teams, the 11-2-0 Tsunami and one 7-6 team in the finals.

My guess it will be 1 and 2 with buys.

3 seed vs 6 seed
adn
4 seed vs 5 seed

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/5/2011 4:25:53 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/7/2011 1:19:37 AM   
Paul Vebber

In the basic League the 2 byes are USS America Tsunami and Atomic Punks. The two quarterfinals will pit Mandrakes Maulers (featuring Cam Newton, Vincent Jackson, and Micheal Turner) vs Moster (featuring Phillip Rivers, Greg Jennings and Ray Rice) and Bay Area Nightmares (Eli Manning, Mike Wallace and hoping for the return of Adrian Peterson) against Northern Horde (Andy Dalton, Victor Cruz and Roy Helu).

In the Pro League the byes go to Fudgehammers and My Pack o' Pain leaving Breezly Bruins (Phillip Rivers, Brandon Lloyd and hoping for the return of Adrian Peterson on Offense and Paul Posluszny and Joe Haden on D) vs Northern Horde (Eli Manning, Roddy White and Ray Rice on Offensive and Daryl Smith and DeMarcus Ware on D) and Moster(Matthew Stafford, Maurice Jones Drew (missing Matt Forte...) and Wes Welker on offense and Patt Angerer and Reggie Nelson on D) vs Green Giants (Tony Romo, Percy Harvin and Roy Helu on offense and London Fletcher and Eric Weddle on D).

IN the Hall of fame league Poundcake, my Pack o'Pain and Kelly's Zeros are in and Northern Horde has the inside track to the 4th slot with 2130.6 to YikedaVikes 1998. Despite leaving both idle Miles Austin and Mario Manningham in play, Vincent Jackson came up 3 yards short for the Horde losing 174.41 to 174.69.Oh and the Horde left Percy Harvin and his 50 pts on the bench... This sets up Yikes (my daughter) playing me this week for a chance to make the playoffs, while Northern Horde goes up against Kelly's Zeros. Horde is in with a win. Yikes needs a win and a Horde loss.

And here is a toast to Isaiah Lewis whose running into the kicker penalty on a play where Sparty ran a punt back to the Badgers 2 turned what would have been 1st and goal down by 3 and over a minute to pound it in and win, to a Badger first down with no way to stop the clock... and a ROSE BOWL trip for Wisconsin! SAAAAAAAAALUTE!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 6
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/7/2011 1:43:55 AM   
Arctic Blast

Better bench Harvin, I said...Denver's defense has played well of late, I said...ugh...

Post #: 7
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/7/2011 2:59:40 PM   
Frandoxxx

Matt Forte's injury and The Raider's collapse to the Dolphins did me in. Luckily i had already clinched a playoff spot.

But staggering into the playoffs is not good!

Post #: 8
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/12/2011 2:56:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Basic League Semi-finals (likely). Northern Horde still has a running back for Monday night but he would have to set about 10 NFL records.

1st through 4th seeds advance. I have to go up against the NASA pt. machine. Maybe Vick will get in trouble for the hamster-fighting ring.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/18/2011 5:39:33 AM   
Paul Vebber

The Matchups this week in the Matrix Basic league are (1) USS America Tsunami vs (4) Mandrake's Maulers and (2) Atomic Punks vs (3) Bat Area Nightmares. Tsunami got a solid 17.1 from Felix Jones and 9.75 from the Dallas D. BIg things are expected from the Patriot's Welker and Gronk, and QBs Vick and Sanchez. The Maulers got 112.5 from Michael Turner, but only 1.4 from Tony Gonzales leaving them sucking some of the Tsunami's exhaust. Looks like the Maulers are going with Cam Newton over Tebow. God will not be pleased ;p The Jacksons, Vincent and DeSean need big games for the Maulers.

In the other game, the Atomic Punks have a commanding lead after Roddy Whites Huge 29.5pt game. Laurent Robinson and Matt Bryant also over achieved giving the Punks nearly 50. Dan Bailey came up a bit short with only 7, while Knigntmare dreams of AP being ready for Sunday dance through his head... Mike Wallace and Donald Driver could come up big, as could Kevin Smith.

IN the Hall of Fame League, My daughters stunning upset propelled her YIkesdaVikes into the playoffs, but the early games have gone Poundcakes way. Laurent Robinson and the Dallas D both overachieved Drew Breeze and LeSean McCoy waiting in the Wings. For Yikes, Romo, Miles Austin and Micheal Turner all did about as expected, while Tony Gonzales and Lagarrett Blount let here down big time. SHe has made money off the Green Bay and Baltimore D's and still has Eli Mannign and Jermichael Finley who could be in for big games.

The other matchup is my Pack o'Pain vs Kelly's Zeros. This matchup did not see much early action. I got a nice game from Matt Bryant, while my Aaron Rodggers-NMatt Stafford tag team at QB has made up for my deficient receiving crew with Gregg Jennings out. Last week against my daughter my Elite RB corps let me down big time! I need Ray Rice, Arian FOster and Willis McGahee to come through for me this week. I've got some hard decisions at the bottom of my lineup with Kevin smith and Ryan Grant high risk high reward, as Are James Jones, Johnney Knox, Reggie Wayne and Eric Decker.Keely's Zero got an slightly above expectation game from MJD - but nothing like some of the monsters he has had. Cam Newton and Tom Brady at QB, Megatron at WR and Shonn Greene, Michael Bush and Darren Sproles give could deliever big!

In the Pro league (5) seed Northern Horde knocked off Breezly Bruins to get the matchup with 1st seed Fudgehamers while my 2nd ranked Pack o' Pain gets 3rd seed Moster. A potential upset is already in the making as the Horde had Matt Ryan and Roddy White who combined for 150+ pts right there. However DeMarcus Ware and Daryl Smith both had subpar games, as did Witten. Tony Gonzoles terrible night together with a subpar outing for Dan Bailey has Fudgehammers needing big games Cam Newton and Tim Tebow (or will he go to Vick?? Will we see C.J. Spiller or Pierre Thomas come off the bench or will he roll the dice with Ryan Grant and Ben Tate? Cruz, Moss and Vincent Jacson are in now witth Manningham riding the pines and what is up with the trio of Ogbonnaya, Kendall Hunter and Daniel Thimas, who has combined for ~250 over the last 4 weeks. Will one them rise up and preserve victory for the injury stricken FH? He needs his D to come through! The Horde still has Eli Manning and Marques Colston in the air, and Ray Rice, Stephen Jackson and Willis McGahee on the ground. Patrick Willis may be good to go, but tough to see him getting big numbers...

In the other game, Moster has faultered abit out of the blocks with LaGarrette Blount bad game and subpar performances from MJD and LB Sean Wtherspoon. He has Matt's Hasselbeck and Stafford, Welker and A.J. GReen in the air, and some strong Defenders in Antoine Bethea, Pat Angerer and James Anderson. With Matt Forte out and Devin Hester and James Starks questionable, there not much help onthe bench... Meanwhile my Pack has been anchored by Rodgers and Brady at QB and targets Jordy Nelson and Aaron Hernandez, I've added Demaryius Thomas on the hunch Tebow is going to have a good day against the awful Patriot secondary. Shonn Green has been money, but since Freddy Jackon went down I've been stuck with Dexter McCluster, Maurice Morris, Donald Brown and Marion Barber on the ground - All of whom have had at least one nice game in the past for weeks, but also several TERRIBLE games...tough call! AS is whether to stick with Hernandez at TE or go with Jermichael Finley who i think will get more touches with Jennings oout... Then there is Jabar Gaffney or Pierre Garson...again Monster or Midgett with gaffney laying a goose-egg on me a couple weeks ago... My D has gotten me this far but with Haloti Ngata hurt I picked up Vince WIlfork who i think will get some work against McGahee... Brian's Cushing and Urlacher and DeAngelo Hall and Chales Woodson have also been money for me done the stretch, Hall in particular with over 200 pts in teh last 4 weeks.

More after the games tomorrow!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 10
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/18/2011 4:58:54 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Vebber

A potential upset is already in the making as the Horde had Matt Ryan and Roddy White who combined for 150+ pts right there. However DeMarcus Ware and Daryl Smith both had subpar games, as did Witten. Tony Gonzoles terrible night together with a subpar outing for Dan Bailey has Fudgehammers needing big games Cam Newton and Tim Tebow (or will he go to Vick?? Will we see C.J. Spiller or Pierre Thomas come off the bench or will he roll the dice with Ryan Grant and Ben Tate? Cruz, Moss and Vincent Jacson are in now witth Manningham riding the pines and what is up with the trio of Ogbonnaya, Kendall Hunter and Daniel Thimas, who has combined for ~250 over the last 4 weeks. Will one them rise up and preserve victory for the injury stricken FH? He needs his D to come through! The Horde still has Eli Manning and Marques Colston in the air, and Ray Rice, Stephen Jackson and Willis McGahee on the ground. Patrick Willis may be good to go, but tough to see him getting big numbers...

Indeed.

Apart from the injuries and scoring variability that typify FF, the FH has a problem with matchups this week:

M Vick vs. NY Jets
C Newton vs Houston
C Spiller vs Miami
V Jackson vs Baltimore
A Bradshaw vs Washington

As I posted at the league forum, it looks like I'll have to drag some guys off of the bench.

Edit: I decided to go for broke with my Giants' players, Cruz, Manningham, and <gulp> Ahmad Bradshaw. If Manning has a big game, then I will too!

< Message edited by Prince of Eckmühl -- 12/18/2011 5:13:15 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/19/2011 2:21:51 AM   
Paul Vebber

Its been a quiet day for a lot of stars and several upsets are in the making!

In the Basic League the Tsunami was just a spring tide as they get no non-QB TDs and only 71 and change point wise. Mandrake's Maulers has Vincent Jackson,and Balimore's D tonight and David Akers tomorrow down by 19. A tough order, but possible. Atomic Punks on the other hand has put up 129 and still has Vernon Davis and the Pittsburgh D. Poor Bay Area Nightmares has Mike Wallace but only 56pts. No chance there... Congrats Atomic Punks!

THe Hall of Fame semis were blo-outs as YikesdaVikes never got out of the gate down to Poundcake by 71. Yikes was not helped by Eli Manning and Pierre Garcon combining for -6 pts... My Pack o'Pain faded like the Real Pack today, With Arian Foster my only non-QB in double digits. Meanwhile Kelly's Zeros got over 100pts out of Mega tron and ... the Seatle Defense?!? And still has Antonio Brown tomorrow. Well if Gates and Rice get 6 TDs between then I could come back Congrats to Kelly's Zeros and Poundcake!

In the Pro league 1 seed Fugdehammers, with an expected 750+ pts put up only 645 with all players having played, has just been passed by 5th Seed Northern Horde with Ray Rice tonight and Troy Polamalu tomorrow. I know what it feels like FH (see above...) But NOT HERE! My Pro Pack o' Pain put up just shy of 800, Moster is approaching 650, but only has Malcom Floyd tonight and Micheal Crabtree tomorrow. Despite a 100pt game by Atafford and a 90 point defense show by Pat Angerer, it will take a miracle for Moster. So looks like I will be in the final vs the Horde!

Post #: 12
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/23/2011 12:59:38 AM   
Paul Vebber

OK the Championships are about to kick off!

In the Basic League, USS America Tsunami looks to be the favorite over Atomic Punks, by a projected 18 point margin. Key players for the Tsunami are Vick, Welker, Gronk and Mendenhall while the Punks Are going with Fitzpatrick, Roddy White and LeSean McCoy and Micheal Bush.

In the Hall of Fame its a potential upset brewiing as Kelly's Zeros are 176 - 161 favorites over the 1st sedd Poundcake. Poundcake has Bress and Sanchez at QB, Laruent Robinson and Aaron Hernandez anchoring the receiving corps and LeSean McCoy and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield. Dallas and the 9ers provide D. The Zeros rode Megatron and the Seatle D past me last week, With BRady and Newton under center, MJD and Shonn Greene in the backfield and big Jimmy Graham.

In the Pro league My Pack o' Pain is favored over Northern Horde 771 to 710, but the Horde has a potent offense behind Matty Ice and Eli Manning, Roody White and Jason Witten and Ray Rice and Steven Jackson and on D, LBs Daryl Smith and David Harris, and CB Richard Marshall. Patrick Willis in on his bench and practiced late this week.

I'm worried that Aaron Rodgers will not see the whole game and depending on the early games, may have to weigh the risk vs rolling the dice with Sexy Rexy Grossman against a struggling Viking defense. Tom Brady the other half of my dynamic duo at QB should be a solid play with the Pats in the drivers seat, but not likely to risk a loss. Shonn Green and Donald Brown have been doing well lately, Demaryius Thomas has been coming up HUGE and I have a number of decent receiving options with Jordy Nelson, and picking up the red hot Andre Roberts. LBs Urlacher and Greenway, and CBs Hall and Woodson and recent acquisition Brandon Browner have been solid for me down the stretch.

Good luck to all the finalists!!!

Post #: 13
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/25/2011 4:40:59 AM   
Paul Vebber

With 2 games left, the Basic League looks to be going to the Tsunami who has a commanding 94 to49 point lead on the Punks. Vock, Welker, Maclin and Mendenhall all scored in double digits for the Tsunami who still has Kahlil Bell and Mason Crosby. Nobody broke into double digits for the Punks, Fitzpatrack and Michael Bush came close. With only Roddy White and Matt Bryant left, there isn't much hope for a Punks comeback.

In the Hall of Fame League the Zeroes are poised for the upset with a commanding207 - 116 pt lead TOm Brady and cam Newton combined for nearly 60 pts while Megatron, MJD and C.J. Spiller got nearly 45 more. Jimmy Graham is still on the Roster for Monday Night. Poundcake needs a miracle from Drew Brees (without the use of Graham) and Kahlil Bell. to make up for a pitiful day that saw Mark Sanchez, Santana Moss, Nate Burleson, LeSean McCoy and Aaron Hernandez combine only 13 pts.

In the Pro League my Pack o' Pain has a 588 - 499 lead over Northern Horde, I have 5 players in the Sunday night game, Horde has 1 in the Sunday and 4 in the Monday night game. Tom Brady, Jabar Gaffney and Dexter McCluster combined for 187.Brian Cushing and Chad Greenway combined for 143 more. The Horde got 123 from Ray Rice and Stephen Jackson, but Eli Manning , Heyward-Bey, Witten and McGahee only posted a combined for under 100. I ain't declaring victory as the horde has the Meat of his offense on tap Monday night in what will be an exciting come from behind bid with Matty Ice and Roddy White and Saints stub Colsten, along with Kicker John Casey. I will need a good showing by the Packers Rodgers and Nelson on Offence and Morgan Burnett and Charles Woodson on D. I aalso have Urlacher. I will need 150 or so Sunday night to feel my lead is safe! As Keith Jackson would say "Whoooooa Nelly, this is gonna be a real Slobberknocker!"

Post #: 14
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/27/2011 4:52:20 AM   
Paul Vebber

Congrats to the Fantasy football winners!

In the Basic it is USS America Tsunami, the Hall of Fame winner is Kelly's Zeroes, and with a thrilling come from behind victory, Northern Horde beats me out in the Pro league. Congrats to the winners! Contact me at pvebber@cox.net to get your game download.

Post #: 15
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/27/2011 6:43:49 PM   
USSAmerica

Thanks for another fun filled season, Paul! 

It's always enjoyable to play within this forum community.  I have to decide what I want for my prize, but I'll be in touch soon.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 16
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/27/2011 8:34:01 PM   
Challerain

Damn - two finals and two losses. Maybe if I join the Pro next year I can lose all three

Congrats to all the winners. See you in the spring for baseball!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 17
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/28/2011 1:28:08 AM   
Arctic Blast

I pretty much thought the final in the Pro League was over...and then a comeback?! Unreal.

Thanks for running the leagues, Paul. I'll have to give some thought to what game I want and get back to you.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 18
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/28/2011 12:09:27 PM   
Frandoxxx

Thanks for the personal reply Paul you do a great job running these leagues. I will need a couple of days to decide which game i want.

Matrix is the best.

Post #: 19
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/28/2011 4:18:07 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

Let me make one final pitch to our readers regarding participation in FF...

Guys, this is completely free!

You just show up, pick some players and cross your fingers.

And the deeper the league is, the more interesting things tend to get.

Play, play, play!

(in reply to Frandoxxx)
Post #: 20
RE: Fantasy Football - 12/28/2011 4:24:41 PM   
wodin

Sadly have no knowledge of American Football so I wouldn't have a clue about who's who etc. If it had been football (or soccer as our cousins over the water say) then I'd have had ago. If i was American or had knowledge I'd be well in to win a game.

So all those who know about American Football sign up!!

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Fantasy Football Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote