Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign problem...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign problem... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign problem... - 11/6/2002 3:36:15 AM   
gappa

I installed Russian Steel campaign v 1.2 and played it. After some time i decided to play a campaign using the Campaign Generator. After completing the first battle, I just couldn't believe my own eyes. The next map was a map from Russian Steel and i got NO repair points nor the support ones :( . I had to delete Russian Steel in order to get it working.

Strange, aint it? :confused:

It is nice to be important
but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa
Post #: 1
- 11/6/2002 8:09:38 AM   
darroch

DO you have 21 other campaign games? That would place your new campaign in slot 22 and overwrite Russian Steel...

Or it could be a bug!

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 2
- 11/7/2002 3:31:14 AM   
gappa

No, I have deleted all the supplied campaigns (In that time I had a small harddrive - now 80GB, much better). I think its a bug.

but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 3
- 11/7/2002 5:11:24 AM   
Supervisor

Glitche, when using the campaign generator it can pick and choose maps and or scenarios already installed on the HD, somehow the RS one must of gotten linked into it.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 4
- 11/8/2002 11:04:53 AM   
darroch

cool!

so it's not a bug...

it's an "undocumented feature"!

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 5
- 11/8/2002 8:24:10 PM   
Alexei

I have exactly the same problem!!! I played scen 1 of "Heroes of the Motherland", then I decided to play a generated campaign. And now, after I have successfully routed the Poles in September 1939, I am branched to a Russian map and supposed to slow down German advance near Orel :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: ??? Hey I don't want to lead renegades :)... Is there another means to recover the normal process for my generated campaign than erasing "Heroes of the Motherland" ??

Alexei.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 6
- 11/8/2002 10:05:23 PM   
Charles2222

How about a reboot? What may be happening here is that it has the map loaded in the memory or something like that, such that rebooting the computer would clear it up. Seems I've had something rather screwy like that happen to me before on those rare ocassions where I would start one campaign, save it, and then try starting a different campaign from another country. If I'm on the right track it may not require a reboot, but simply dropping the game inbetween campaign/scenario changeovers.

You know how when you install a patch a lot of the time they'll automatically reboot your computer? Well the Civ III patch for PTW I got yesterday didn't reboot, and so what's the first thing the game does upon trying to load a game? It crashed to desktop. Got beyond my initial fuming a bit, and thought, hey, don't new things usually need reboots? Sure enough, it's working like a gem now.

When in doubt, reboot, as lame as that seems a lot of the time.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 7
- 11/10/2002 1:35:35 AM   
gappa

Reboot didn't work. Tried it.

but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 8
- 11/10/2002 2:04:57 AM   
Warhorse

The solution is this, after playing any campaign, and you desire to play a different one, you MUST exit the game to the play selection, or as I do, all the way, then restart the program. The program doesn't like to 'remember' things from one campaign to another, or something, all I know is this way works like a charm!! I play ONLY campaigns, and this works flawlessly, should fix you up!!:D

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 9
- 11/10/2002 2:08:45 AM   
gappa

I never had this problem again, I just wanted to inform about this "bug".

:)

but is it more
important to be nice.

Gappa

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 10
- 11/10/2002 3:57:01 AM   
Charles2222

gappa: If it didn't reoccur, and you've rebooted inbetween, then obviously the reboot did fix it. Rebooting before you fired up SPWAW doesn't count, even if it was scant minutes before this occured. You did something in the program itself which it wasn't prepared for, I suppose, because the designers didn't expect that people would get into a campaign and within the same sitting then fire up a different one. You can call that a bug if you like, but I think it's something that's pretty standard across software in general. The solution is that same, exit the software and try again, and failing that reboot and retry. Just don't jump from one campaign to another and not expect it not to foul up somehow. It may be safe to go from on 'saved' campaign to another, since the first opportunity to save has already loaded the map, but 'starting' a campaign after using a map off another campaign is probably where you're getting burned.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 11
- 11/12/2002 11:07:14 PM   
Alexei

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warhorse
[B]The solution is this, after playing any campaign, and you desire to play a different one, you MUST exit the game to the play selection, or as I do, all the way, then restart the program. The program doesn't like to 'remember' things from one campaign to another, or something, all I know is this way works like a charm!! I play ONLY campaigns, and this works flawlessly, should fix you up!!:D [/B][/QUOTE]
Thank you for the tip, I surely will remember this one!!!

Alexei.

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 12
- 11/13/2002 1:49:07 AM   
Bing

The above is also true when using the Editor: I found out the hard way that once the game engine starts using the Editor, it doesn't like to quit using it. Before going to ANYTHING other than another scen to load while still IN the Editor, I completely exit the game.

If I have been editing a lot, actually doesn't take much, I then reboot the system. I believe the problem has to do with WAW loading certain thngs into memory, which will remain in memory until the game is exited. This isn't just WAW, most editors I've worked with are fussy along these lines - used to get some spectacular crashes until I learned what was causing them.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 13
- 11/13/2002 2:18:12 AM   
Warhorse

LOL!!! This is indeed true, the side project I'm working on currently requires mobhack, waweditor, stuhack, shpedit, PSP and a few txt files all open at the same time, so even with 384mb RAM, I gotta restart the computer after a few hours, it's draggin' so bad!!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to gappa)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign problem... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI