Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Questions About values of the database

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Some Questions About values of the database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Questions About values of the database - 12/9/2011 11:53:57 AM   
josant

hello,
I have some questions about the values of some equipment in the database, I start with a few ones.

1) The AT-, AT, and AT+ are rated as 5 HEAT, 8 HEAT and 15 HEAT. In pages 88-89 of the Equipment List.rtf file say that AT- is a very light RPG (like Panzerfaust,PIAT), AT is a light RPG (like Panzerschreck) and AT+ is a heavy RPG (like soviet RPGs, LAW). For example the real penetration value of a Panzerfasust varies from 140mm to 200mm, the RPG-7 have 330mm. My ask is why the database rates them as low?, it not be 14 HEAT for AT-, 20 HEAT for AT, and 32 HEAT for AT+

2) T-72S Tank, a tank that in 1977 have Targeting++++, and have normal steel armor? It not be T-72M "Monkey model" (Downgraded export version of the T-72 improved). Note: The T-72S is the export version of the T-72B, that in game should be the T-72 (late).

3) Why belgian tanks T-13 have as armor value 6 and T-15 have 10 (as a Tiger 1)?, those primitive tanks (that are versions of the Lt Vickers Carden-Loyd 4) have at maximun 10mm of steel armor.

4)Why the AT Strenght of the 90mm cannon (of a ERC-90, IKV-91) is rated exactly as a 105mmAT cannon (AMX-30, AMX-10RC); 38 HEAT

5) The same with the 85mmAT cannon (of ASU-85) who have the same AT strenght (40 HEAT) as the 100mm AT cannon (T-55)

6) Challenger 2 should not have more armor than 54?

7) French Mirage F1, 2000 and Soviet Su-30,34,35 aircrafts have air refueling but the game ignores it.

8) The Mirage 2000N can not make nuclear attacks because dont have AP strenght and is treated as an interceptor aircraft.

9) Some aircrafts (as Yak-25, Lightning, F-94, and others) are not treated as interceptor aircraft because they have AT Stenght, it should be set at 0.

10) Why Su-27 dont have AT Strenght? it have the same cannon as the Su-30

11) Why aircrafts like Cheetah, Kfir, Lightning, MIG-21 have those high AA Values?
Post #: 1
RE: Some Questions About values of the database - 12/9/2011 12:11:49 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Hola Jose,

the best bet is to contact a bloke called B Wilson *see link* TOAW Equipment DB*

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?86849-Request-for-comments-Modern-equipment-DB-for-TOAW-III/page4

or Bob Cross from the forum here.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to josant)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Questions About values of the database - 12/9/2011 4:13:31 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

...or Bob Cross from the forum here.

Not me. The people who can answer those questions are long gone. I can only suggest that there is a great deal of subjectivity in equipment values. And they must take into account a great deal of ancillary factors besides raw combat power.

For example, consider the squad values: Those weapons may be able to penetrate as well as some tank gun, but they will have much shorter ranges and accuracies. Should TOAW treat them both as just as deadly?

Regardless, equipment factors are now outsourced to all designers. Don't like something - feel free to change it.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Questions About values of the database - 12/10/2011 6:36:23 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Bob, ain't there one of the lads here who's into all that kinda post-WW2 stuff? Perhaps Boonierat... not much of a post-Korean War player here either. Thanks anyway for the clarification. Seems like the compadre has to continue his search...

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
RE: Some Questions About values of the database - 12/12/2011 5:28:27 AM   
r6kunz

quote:

1) The AT-, AT, and AT+ are rated as 5 HEAT, 8 HEAT and 15 HEAT. In pages 88-89 of the Equipment List.rtf file say that AT- is a very light RPG (like Panzerfaust,PIAT), AT is a light RPG (like Panzerschreck) and AT+ is a heavy RPG (like soviet RPGs, LAW). For example the real penetration value of a Panzerfasust varies from 140mm to 200mm, the RPG-7 have 330mm. My ask is why the database rates them as low?, it not be 14 HEAT for AT-, 20 HEAT for AT, and 32 HEAT for AT+

Just a quick comment on infantry squad AT weapons. Armour penetration is just part of the equation. Accuracy, range (maybe 50 metres), and troop proficiency (read "guts").

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Some Questions About values of the database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI